Bombers Signings

Noeller

7 hours ago, Booch said:

so basically we are starting the season with Bryant, Desjarlais, Couture, Neufeld and Hardrick as starters, and have Gray, Eli, Kolankowski and possibly Speller (all who have starter experience) battling for the back up spots...how can you not be pleased with that?

I read somewhere that Speller is expected to go to Toronto. We still have very good depth, though.

I am really pleased to hear how many players have re-structured their contracts to keep the gang together. Hard to imagine many folks who have suffered financially during the pandemic would step up and take a 50%+ pay cut like Adam Bighill did going from $250,000 to $115,000. But also credit the Bombers for paying him his full $100,000 in bonuses in 2020 when they didn’t even have any games. Honest give and take from both sides, no shenanigans. A salute from this fan for a lot of class and understanding from all sides. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

This will sound cheesy, I know, but I'm ready to step up and do whatever it takes, from a fan perspective, to help get a season off the ground. I've long toyed with buying seasons tickets, even tho I'm in AB, so maybe this is the year. Everyone, players included, are making sacrifices... I'm ready to step up if need be. 

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This will sound cheesy, I know, but I'm ready to step up and do whatever it takes, from a fan perspective, to help get a season off the ground. I've long toyed with buying seasons tickets, even tho I'm in AB, so maybe this is the year. Everyone, players included, are making sacrifices... I'm ready to step up if need be. 

The club gets a cut from each replica ring sold, and the money from the Grey Cup base goes back to your club and its players directly. 

12 hours ago, Booch said:

so basically we are starting the season with Bryant, Desjarlais, Couture, Neufeld and Hardrick as starters, and have Gray, Eli, Kolankowski and possibly Speller (all who have starter experience) battling for the back up spots...how can you not be pleased with that?

How many games will Neufeld play??? He's not exactly Iron Man. Hopefully Gray is ready now to step up. 

Prior to Eli injury he was one of the higher rated center prospects in the NCAA  going into what would have been his senior year...also at Hawaii in practice he took a lot of reps at the tackle position so grooming to become that, or have value as a depth guy before he takes over a fulltime spot is quite valuable...so landing him where we did was a complete steal

I would think this may be Stan's last year if we go out on top again, and the probable switch could be Yoshi taking over the left side if we don't have an import on PR thats able to step in...If we use a Canadian at tackle eventually most likely will be at Right Tackle

Yeah, I was gonna say, I think the days of a Canadian playing the second most important position on the field are as done as a Canadian playing the most important position on the field..... they'll find another American to take over from SB66 eventually...

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've said it before, but I'd listen to an argument that Bryant is the best OL in the history of the CFL, and that's coming from one of the biggest Walby fans of all time...

He's the best in the league at a time where the quality of players overall in the league is at it's highest.   He's sustained his high level of play throughout his career while playing under multiple coaches.   I'd find it hard pressed for anyone to suggest he is not the best of all time.   

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He's the best in the league at a time where the quality of players overall in the league is at it's highest.   He's sustained his high level of play throughout his career while playing under multiple coaches.   I'd find it hard pressed for anyone to suggest he is not the best of all time.   

I just really really really think Chris Walby was something special and a guy that would never have played in the CFL, had things been different in the 80s (because he would have been an automatic NFLer...) 

On 2021-01-22 at 9:33 AM, Brandon said:

If our biggest "issue* with the club is signing Neufeld as NI depth....  this is a very good outlook for this season.    

Rest assured, that's the biggest issue today. There will be bigger fires to put out if we play as in injuries, ratio, etc. 

On 2021-01-22 at 7:58 AM, Booch said:

Well as many as he can, when he is in, it's our best version of the o-line..

Won't argue that. His longevity has always been the problem. When he goes out he misses massive gaps in the season. 

On 2021-01-22 at 2:16 PM, Noeller said:

I've said it before, but I'd listen to an argument that Bryant is the best OL in the history of the CFL, and that's coming from one of the biggest Walby fans of all time...

Bryant is outstanding but I don't even know how you can even measure that statement. It would be extremely difficult to name the absolute best absolutely. He's right up there, though. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27