Bombers Signings

Noeller

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Or maybe farjan was talking out of his ass. 

Maybe. But he's not known to do that. I mean it's been a year without football.. Harris isn't a 25 yr old anymore.. 

I dunno.. could see him wanting more money for sure. But regardless. Irrelevant now since he did sign. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Maybe. But he's not known to do that. I mean it's been a year without football.. Harris isn't a 25 yr old anymore.. 

I dunno.. could see him wanting more money for sure. But regardless. Irrelevant now since he did sign. 

The best thing may be to bring in a second running back to spell Harris off. That though may be a problem as Harris is a Canadian but the Stamps managed for years with American backups for years with Cornish & Messam. Whjen Harris was suspended that Canadian kid they had seemed to do alright running the ball although he was a terrible blocker & so so receiver.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2021-01-15 at 3:39 PM, Bigblue204 said:

I agree. Ellingson and Rogers are both gonna want higher end salaries. Also I soured on Rogers after he scored a TD at IGF and then went up into the fans to mock Bomber players doing that. I don't know how he didn't end up with spit on him after that.

No, regardless of how classless a player is, you don't do something like that. Then you're just wallowing in the muck with them in terms of giving and getting respect. What you do is congratulate his next fumble, drop, missed block or other ineptitude.

On 2021-01-15 at 6:05 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

John Hodge is one of the problems. He just throws  **** against the wall hoping something sticks. Then there's TSN speculating the Bombers were having trouble signing Andrew Harris. Keep on speculating, asshats!

These are the same guys that planned the Hamilton Grey Cup parade with the whole "best Hamilton team ever/ best offense ever" etc. etc. etc., right?

6 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

No, regardless of how classless a player is, you don't do something like that. Then you're just wallowing in the muck with them in terms of giving and getting respect. What you do is congratulate his next fumble, drop, missed block or other ineptitude.

These are the same guys that planned the Hamilton Grey Cup parade with the whole "best Hamilton team ever/ best offense ever" etc. etc. etc., right?

Justin Dunk referred to the signings by the 2020 Ti Cats before the season was cancelled as the CFL "Super Team". Or some such **** as that. 

23 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think Winnipeg uses Augustine and Oliveira to spell Harris.

I dont see us carrying both on the roster with their limited special teams skill sets respectively. I think demski gets a bunch of carries as well as our returner di type of choice, while one of the 2 is rostered and gets some. If oliveira is healthy I dont see augustine stealing many reps. I also wouldnt be surprised if we brought in another ni back for camp.  Maybe more of a fb/te guy. 

I feel like every year we see more and more american style NI TEs available. This team certainly seems to value versatility, I could see a multi threat TE doing really well here. (sellers 2.0)

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It was brief but in his two starts, he put up 173 yards on 28 carries, had 80 yards receiving, plus a TD. It no doubt speaks to the quality of the O-line and the general design of the offense, but I think he's got the tools and skillset to be a highly capable tailback in this league.

Back to back solid games in the LDC and Banjo Bowl. I remember being pretty surprised he went undrafted after some of the hype I had heard... I bet he feels has something to prove every time he touches the ball.

11 hours ago, Booch said:

can easily carry both...Augustine was very good on teams last year, and is a more than adequate back-up in a pinch, Oliveira as well was rostered on ST's to start the season where he got hurt, and would be adequate to back-up

maybe on a team with poor ni teamers even then his goal line blocking is pitiful. 

BRIGGS, Jesse N LB

CALVER, Brandon N LB 

EXUME, Kerfalla-Emmanuel N DB

FEOLI GUDINO, Julian N WR

GRANT, Janarion A WR

LATOUR, Maxime N LS

LAWLER, Kenny A WR

LYLES, Chris A DB

MEDLOCK, Justin A K

MILES, Thomas N LB

PETERMANN, Daniel N WR

REMPEL, Chad N LS

RICHARDSON, Steven A DL

RUSH , John N LB

SPELLER, Cody N OL

WHITEHEAD, Lucky A WR

---

List is getting shorter. Not many holes left to fill before FA, the draft and recruiting. 

Hopefully, Lawler gets done fast and Richardson-Bombers can find a mutually agreeable figure. 

Based on all the players getting locked up, there may not be a lot of player movement this offseason. This is a bit of guess but it seems like more players have re-signed with their teams. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can't imagine how or why Stove's agent is playing hardball on neg's.... not like he has a ton of leverage. Either way, hope it gets done 'cause I really like the guy. Important piece of the puzzle.

One side is looking at the Beckett's 2019 value book and the other is looking at the 2021 value book. Guess which one will win? 

with what we have done so far now with the Neufeld signing I would be fine with us not even really looking at anyone really in free agency as I believe we already made some nice pick-ups (Antighua..Awe..Otha Peters) and focus on getting Richardson, Lucky, Exume and Grant. The other pending foot soldiers are just a bonus but several on the list won't be missed

I like what O'leary Orange can bring us in place of Peterman..no room for him now and as a tenured guy will cost more and will want a chance to start

I think we will be very pleased with scouted guys at receiver with McKay and Stewart and possibly Ross (One I really intrigued with) and having McCallister back is gonna give us 3 edge guys who can cause havoc and curious to see what Boynton will do...no real room in this backfield when we have Alexander, Taylor, Jones, Johnson, Maston all back as proven starters

And no need to have to fill any o-line holes with bigger ticket free agency guys which will cost us....When you have a group of Neufeld, Couture, Desjarlais, Eli, Gray and possibly a Speller all sandwiched between a Bryant and a Hardrick...well you have what our green neighbors out west "claimed" to have..an utter embarrassment of riches

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can't imagine how or why Stove's agent is playing hardball on neg's.... not like he has a ton of leverage. Either way, hope it gets done 'cause I really like the guy. Important piece of the puzzle.

I would like Stove to be back but it's not the end of the world if he decides to test free-agency.