Bombers Signings

Noeller

16 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Baily signed yesterday.  Would be nice to get Lawler back as he would likely come cheaper than a free agent and I like to see us develop our own receivers. 

I agree. Ellingson and Rogers are both gonna want higher end salaries. Also I soured on Rogers after he scored a TD at IGF and then went up into the fans to mock Bomber players doing that. I don't know how he didn't end up with spit on him after that.

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree. Ellingson and Rogers are both gonna want higher end salaries. Also I soured on Rogers after he scored a TD at IGF and then went up into the fans to mock Bomber players doing that. I don't know how he didn't end up with spit on him after that.

I'll welcome anyone of them. Ellingson is a 1000-yard receiver for 5 straight yr. Rogers is also a 1000-yd receiver if he stays healthy. I would think they also understand the league situation salary-wise.

I don't like Jefferson before when he was wearing a different colors... heck even Harris when he still playing with BC. But I really love them both now..

Pretty sure Richardson, Exume and Lucky are all back in fold this year, just a matter of the higher priced guys needing to restructure first to see what we have to play with.

I'd like to think Meddy is gonna chill for a while, but is only a phone call away if needed...I know he's been training like he normally would tho, so could be wrong there.

With Gray, Desjarlais, Couture, Eli all in the fold with the 2 tackles it's gonna be one of Speller or Nuefeld, tho seeing what Biggie did to stay here. I could easily see Neufeld doing the exact same, as thats the type of guy he is, and he loves it here.

Peterman will be back east..too bad, but can't keep them all and he is a luxury more than a need..and no room for him and he isn't displacing Woli or Demski and signing the U of M kid kinda leads to him being the cheaper backup

7 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Those "insider" articles are becoming more and more laughable. No one talks about Rogers? Who are they listening to? And WHY TF would Ottawa let their biggest FA walk away without playing a single down, under a HC who has publicly stated He has wanted to work with him for years? 

Anyway 3down is really becoming hard to read/take seriously. I hope they figure it out asap.

John Hodge is one of the problems. He just throws  **** against the wall hoping something sticks. Then there's TSN speculating the Bombers were having trouble signing Andrew Harris. Keep on speculating, asshats!

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

John Hodge is one of the problems. He just throws  **** against the wall hoping something sticks. Then there's TSN speculating the Bombers were having trouble signing Andrew Harris. Keep on speculating, asshats!

It’s Farjan Lalji speculated we have trouble resigning Harris.

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

You can only sign one player at a time. It's 3 weeks to FA. having trouble signing Harris? Like really??

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Yes, I knew that.

BRIGGS, Jesse N LB

CALVER, Brandon N LB 

EXUME, Kerfalla-Emmanuel N DB

FEOLI GUDINO, Julian N WR

GRANT, Janarion A WR

LATOUR, Maxime N LS

LAWLER, Kenny A WR

LYLES, Chris A DB

MEDLOCK, Justin A K

MILES, Thomas N LB

NEUFELD, Patrick N OL

PETERMANN, Daniel N WR

REMPEL, Chad N LS

RICHARDSON, Steven A DL

RUSH , John N LB

SPELLER, Cody N OL

WHITEHEAD, Lucky A WR

Updated with JJ off the board. 

I was convinced that he was already signed and almost took him off yesterday, when I posted this list but, after checking, realized I was wrong (or just too early ;)). 

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

Peterman is a guy I really want back, but if I was him, I'd absolutely be looking at FA as a way to find a starting role. The guy is good enough to be a starting WR/SB in this league, but is stuck behind some pretty good players in Wpg.

Yea maybe in this present CFL economy we no longer have the luxury of signing depth.

Not a lot of holes to fill, only 4 (projected) starter spots remains vacant as of the moment 

RG - still waiting for Neufeld or Speller; Gray and Eli (and a draft pick) may have the opportunity

SB - Lawler is a free-agent and maybe looking for other opportunities elsewhere. We also have lots of receivers on the roster. Rogers and Ellingson will be available in free-agency though

DT - still waiting for Richardson; there are new guys on the roster. how 'bout a free-agent DT?

Boundary HB -  Sayles moved on so do we. Who we got from our new guys? or are we waiting for a veteran DB in free-agency? 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Wonder if his age and the fact well it's been a year without playing was a factor. Love AH33 but.. he's not a young guy anymore. 

The question nobody has an answer for is: does the year off help or hinder older players...? 

8 hours ago, JCon said:

BRIGGS, Jesse N LB

CALVER, Brandon N LB 

EXUME, Kerfalla-Emmanuel N DB

FEOLI GUDINO, Julian N WR

GRANT, Janarion A WR

LATOUR, Maxime N LS

LAWLER, Kenny A WR

LYLES, Chris A DB

MEDLOCK, Justin A K

MILES, Thomas N LB

NEUFELD, Patrick N OL

PETERMANN, Daniel N WR

REMPEL, Chad N LS

RICHARDSON, Steven A DL

RUSH , John N LB

SPELLER, Cody N OL

WHITEHEAD, Lucky A WR

Updated with JJ off the board. 

I was convinced that he was already signed and almost took him off yesterday, when I posted this list but, after checking, realized I was wrong (or just too early ;)). 

I'm worried the Argos will steal Speller. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

The question nobody has an answer for is: does the year off help or hinder older players...? 

I think it helps the older players to heal the injuries & work on being stronger. Someone like Andrew Harris for example. He'll be fresh. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm worried the Argos will steal Speller. 

I think it helps the older players to heal the injuries & work on being stronger. Someone like Andrew Harris for example. He'll be fresh. 

It will probably depend on the type of player. When the NHL took a year off pretty much all the old vets did not look good upon return, but the main reason cited was that the game had gotten faster and more wide open and they couldn’t keep up. With the physicality of football, a year off could help many vets heal, but the speed will be diminished. Harris has never been a speed back, so he might benefit from the extra time. DB’s, WR’s and those who rely on pure speed as their biggest asset could suffer. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever