Bombers Signings

Noeller

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Interesting thoughts on Nick Arbuckle maybe playing in Toronto by Justin Dunk considering Arbuckle signed a restructured deal in Ottawa weeks ago. 

Those "insider" articles are becoming more and more laughable. No one talks about Rogers? Who are they listening to? And WHY TF would Ottawa let their biggest FA walk away without playing a single down, under a HC who has publicly stated He has wanted to work with him for years? 

Anyway 3down is really becoming hard to read/take seriously. I hope they figure it out asap.

26 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Those "insider" articles are becoming more and more laughable. No one talks about Rogers? Who are they listening to? And WHY TF would Ottawa let their biggest FA walk away without playing a single down, under a HC who has publicly stated He has wanted to work with him for years? 

Anyway 3down is really becoming hard to read/take seriously. I hope they figure it out asap.

3DN got **** on pretty good by some *legitimate* media the other day for their shoddy piece on the league not doing enough right now to ensure the government is on board for a new season.....tells me all I need to know about 3DN. People that matter don't really respect it. It's not really worth your clicks.

From Farhan Lalji on Twitter...

Shocked to hear that Adam Bighill’s contract for 2021 is 115k (down from 260k). I know he has strong business interests in Winnipeg, but is speaks volumes for the atmosphere Mike O’Shea has created with #Bombers that a player would take that much less to stay there. @CFLonTSN 1/2

...and if there is an off-season GM of the year award, it goes to Kyle Walters. @andrewharris33, @Bighill44, @Stmn_Willie_Bmn, @Demski9, @ZCollaros7, Bryant, Hardrick, Gray, Antigha, Jeffcoat, Thomas, Maston all back under manageable deals. Most of the heavy lifting already done!

9 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So with the remaining Bombers FAs, I like these 3 signed and I'm good, the rest will be a bonus. 
1) OL Neufeld (or Speller)
2) DT Richardson 
3) and DB Exume 

Besides these guys....and I agree these should be a priority.....who's left M.O.A.B.

ALEXANDER, Brandon

A

DB Central Florida Extended (01/11/21)
ANTIGHA, Oluwatobi A DL Presbyterian College Extended (01/08/21)
BAILEY, Rasheed A WR Delaware Valley  
BRIGGS, Jesse N LB McGill  
BRYANT, Stanley A OL East Carolina Extended (01/05/21)
CALVER, Brandon N LB Wilfrid Laurier  
DEMSKI , Nic N WR Manitoba Extended (01/05/21)
EXUME, Kerfalla-Emmanuel N DB Montreal  
FEOLI GUDINO, Julian N WR Laval  
GAUTHIER, Shayne N LB Laval Extended (01/08/21)
GRANT, Janarion A WR Rutgers  
GRAY, Geoff N OL Manitoba Extended (01/08/21)
HARDRICK, Jermarcus A OL Nebraska Extended (12/30/20)
HARRIS, Andrew N RB Nanaimo Raiders Jr. Extended (01/15/21)
JEFFCOAT, Jackson A DL Texas Extended (01/08/21)
JOHNSON, Josh A DB Purdue  
LATOUR, Maxime N LS Sherbrooke  
LAWLER, Kenny A WR California  
LYLES, Chris A DB Mississippi College  
MASTON, Mercy A LB Boise State Extended (01/07/22)
MCGUIRE, Sean A QB Western Illinois Extended (12/31/20)
MEDLOCK, Justin A K UCLA  
MILES, Thomas N LB Manitoba  
MILLER, Mike N FB Acadia Extended (01/07/21)
NEUFELD, Patrick N OL Saskatchewan  
PETERMANN, Daniel N WR McMaster  
REMPEL, Chad N LS Saskatchewan  
RICHARDSON, Steven A DL Minnesota  
RUSH , John N LB Guelph  
SPELLER, Cody N OL McMaster  
TAYLOR, Nicholas A DB Florida International Extended (01/07/22)
THOMAS, Jake N DL Acadia Extended (01/04/21)
WHITEHEAD, Lucky A WR Florida Atlantic  
WILLIAMS, Darrell A OL South Florida Retired
WILSON, Kyrie A LB Fresno State Extended (01/13/21)

Sorry, it doesn't look so clean and it's obviously out of date. 

Source: https://www.cfl.ca/fa21/#BOMBERS

Edited by JCon

Would really like to see Meddy re-upped but also understand if he's ready to call 'er a day and spend more time with the fam down south. Other than that, load up on the OL. I know Eric Rogers was mentioned as a potential target in FA, but another name to watch out for would be Greg Ellingson, who the Bombers have had interest in before and still hasn't re-upped in Edmonton. Having said that, I don't see FA being a big money bonanza this year, as it has in past years. With everyone taking haircuts to stay with their existing team, who's gonna be getting a big cheque?? 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Peterman is a guy I really want back, but if I was him, I'd absolutely be looking at FA as a way to find a starting role. The guy is good enough to be a starting WR/SB in this league, but is stuck behind some pretty good players in Wpg.

I agree. Sort of like Lucky, in my mind. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Any word on Grant and Kongbo who tried the NFL and I don't believe either of them stuck.

Kongbo was bought out by the 49ers after getting injured. I haven't heard anything from him since then. Would be a nice surprise though!

I didn't even hear the nature of his injury.

BRIGGS, Jesse N LB

CALVER, Brandon N LB 

EXUME, Kerfalla-Emmanuel N DB

FEOLI GUDINO, Julian N WR

GRANT, Janarion A WR

JOHNSON, Josh A DB

LATOUR, Maxime N LS

LAWLER, Kenny A WR

LYLES, Chris A DB

MEDLOCK, Justin A K

MILES, Thomas N LB

NEUFELD, Patrick N OL

PETERMANN, Daniel N WR

REMPEL, Chad N LS

RICHARDSON, Steven A DL

RUSH , John N LB

SPELLER, Cody N OL

WHITEHEAD, Lucky A WR

Cleaned the list up a bit. 

Edited by JCon

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Do you guys think there will be a big exodus to the NFL this offseason..  I'm thinking a guy like Kenny Lawler might want to give it a shot.  I just think that missing a year of football might make it harder for guys like him to land a contract. 

He could of signed with NFL already. He was one of the guys that was released after season was cancled.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So with the remaining Bombers FAs, I like these 3 signed and I'm good, the rest will be a bonus. 
1) OL Neufeld (or Speller)
2) DT Richardson 
3) and DB Exume 

Besides these guys....and I agree these should be a priority.....who's left M.O.A.B.