Bombers Signings

Noeller

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucky leave. He didn't complain when he didn't play in the GC but he must be looking to start fulltime. 

Not playing in the GC hasn't soured him on playing here.  I saw a tweet the other day where someone said they were hoping to see his re-signing announced next and his reply suggested he was hoping for the same.

Edited by bigg jay
Added the tweet

I'm not sure if they can keep all of Grant, Whitehead and Nelson, but damn it if they shouldn't try. Weapons, the lot of 'em... did Grant stick with an NFL team? I know he asked for his release to try and catch on, but not sure if he did.....?

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure if they can keep all of Grant, Whitehead and Nelson, but damn it if they shouldn't try. Weapons, the lot of 'em... did Grant stick with an NFL team? I know he asked for his release to try and catch on, but not sure if he did.....?

If it had to come down to only keeping 1 of those 3, i'd go with Grant personally.

So Farhan tweeted this:

@Stmn_Willie_Bmn got a 205K contract with 100K signing bonus and it wasn't acrimonious. I'm surprised he didn't get more. It's a pretty good deal for Winnipeg."

To which Jefferson replied
Yea man we just trying to build a dynasty over here!!!!

I just love this tweet and Jefferson.

On 2021-01-13 at 7:00 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

Interesting thoughts on Nick Arbuckle maybe playing in Toronto by Justin Dunk considering Arbuckle signed a restructured deal in Ottawa weeks ago. 

On 2021-01-13 at 10:08 AM, 17to85 said:

If we didn't have Harris the receivers would look better because we wouldn't rely on the running back for the entire offense. 

Seriously Lapo always leans on his star players heavily. Why are we shocked whe  he leaned on Harris like that?

Now that LaPo is gone there is no reason why we can't have a thousand yard rusher in Harris & at least two thousand yard receivers with the players we have.  

19 hours ago, Booch said:

played as a starter in all games in 2018...2017 dressed as all, and partway through season was year I believe Bond got hurt, and couldnt get his spot back from Neuf...

bond didnt have trouble getting his spot back from neuf he started all of his games played here... While here bond was the best guard in the league hands down. 

16 hours ago, BBlink said:

Don't we need a kick returner though? 

Isnt charles nelson still under contract? He was looking really good until he got hurt, Id love to see him back. Id also love to see lucky and grant back cant have too much speed on the team. 

I think like most here if used well lucky could easily turn into a highly productive wr. He was mostly used as a decoy with lapo, running off the secondary. 

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

...and it ends the chatter about Harris few posts back.  😁

meanwhile, chatter about Neufeld continues

well if Meddy hangs em up Neuf is a lock...and we can replace the roster spot with a cheap DI as well that will benefit the team

This is why I was always under the assumption Harris would stay... I think the Bombers were definitely going to offer something... but maybe it's at a lower rate, say 150K (reports are he signed for 175)... was Harris really going to pack up and move to Ottawa (for example) for an extra 25k?... I highly doubt it...