Bombers Signings

Noeller

21 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I dont see a 3DN article related to it. 

Ive seen the TSN. It’s Lalji still hoping Harris will come back to the West Coast.

Might have just been TSN. Pissed me off. These dumbass commentators just think players want to play in BC or Toronto. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/01/07/bombers-have-to-pay-the-price-of-winning-with-decisions-on-big-ticket-players/

This is the article mentioned. A few of the salaries (Neufeld and Couture) seem high.

Not mentioned there that Harris & the Bombers are having trouble getting a new deal done. 

This from the insiders... https://3downnation.com/2021/01/13/insider-talk-chris-jones-job-cam-judges-nfl-aspirations-arbuckles-future/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=insider-talk-chris-jones-job-cam-judges-nfl-aspirations-arbuckles-future

The Bombers were smart to draft that kicker out of Western (Marc Liegghio). I’m hearing that (Justin) Medlock is leaning towards retirement.

12 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

The Bombers were smart to draft that kicker out of Western (Marc Liegghio). I’m hearing that (Justin) Medlock is leaning towards retirement.

Eeek, we've been so spoiled. I knew, at some point, Medlock would retire but I hoped it wouldn't be for a few more seasons. 

Edited by JCon

I know that I am in the minority on this, but I am OK if the Bombers and Harris part ways. Of course, I would absolutely love to have him but at the end of the day I believe he is a luxury item. If he wants to take his shave, right on! If not, then we simply find a stud IMP running back and move on and make ratio elsewhere. I have similar feelings about Medlock. It's not that I don't think these guys are outstanding football players it's just that they are likely the two easiest big ticket items on our list to replace at the moment.  Having said that c'mon Med and Harris...take your shave and stay.

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Eeek, we've been so spoiled. I knew, at some point, Medlock would retire but I hoped it wouldn't be for a few more seasons. 

The reason we drafted Liegghio(sp?) is because Medlock has been waffling every offseason about returning for the past couple years. It was bound to happen. Personally, I am fine with Medlock going. At the end of the day he is a kicker and we drafted a very good one.

Harris will be back...Meddie I not so sure....growing family....age...out on top, and as a kicker if he eventually decides he wants to come back and play, its a lot easier for a kicker to do so.

He being gone would open up that key DI spot for us to use on an extra DB...Returner...Receiver..DE...so really it hurts to loose him, but it also benefits us in a big way too

The only real casualty I see possibly happening is one of Couture being traded, or Neuf being let go....but honestly I see neither happening and we make it work...both have stated they wanna be here...both I can see re-structuring if asked as they are cut from cloth of most guys on this team with the team first attitude and desire to repeat. 

Now it's time to get some receivers locked up. 

On the board (alpha, not by importance):

Bailey
Feoli Gudino
Grant
Lawler
Petermann
Whitehead

1 minute ago, Booch said:

The only real casualty I see possibly happening is one of Couture being traded, or Neuf being let go....but honestly I see neither happening and we make it work...both have stated they wanna be here...both I can see re-structuring if asked as they are cut from cloth of most guys on this team with the team first attitude and desire to repeat. 

I wonder if Neuf goes back to Sask to finish his career, if we can't sign him. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Now it's time to get some receivers locked up. 

On the board (alpha, not by importance):

Bailey
Feoli Gudino
Grant
Lawler
Petermann
Whitehead

I wonder if Neuf goes back to Sask to finish his career, if we can't sign him. 

hope to god not...they have a trash line as it is...and will be a major weakness for them so would hate to see Neuf help solidify that group..cause he would

Neuf's always been expensive, especially for a guy who is basically a backup/part timer. I'd save the SMS $.

I could see Medlock retiring and I'd miss him, but life goes on. Newbie would be way less $ and the DI spot would help us.

Harris is one of the best, if not THE best RB in the league. His passport makes him way more expensive than other RB's. If he doesn't want to take a pay cut like the most players are doing, then he can leave and get paid elsewhere. He's old and we'd save a lot of SMS there, but I doubt we'd be able to find any other NI who is at his  level. I hope we keep him and I hope he takes a pay cut.

I'm not sure about that article...

Canadian running back Andrew Harris dwarfs them both in popularity

I wouldn't say that.....  I'd say Strev dwarfed other players in popularity and most of the other guys are on the same equal level of being loved by the fans. 

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

hope to god not...they have a trash line as it is...and will be a major weakness for them so would hate to see Neuf help solidify that group..cause he would

I'm not as worried about that scenario as you are. Neufeld would be a RG in Sask, and while he certainly would represent and upgrade over the garbage they currently have, it is a position he struggled with here in limited duty.

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Neuf's always been expensive, especially for a guy who is basically a backup/part timer. I'd save the SMS $.

I could see Medlock retiring and I'd miss him, but life goes on. Newbie would be way less $ and the DI spot would help us.

Harris is one of the best, if not THE best RB in the league. His passport makes him way more expensive than other RB's. If he doesn't want to take a pay cut like the most players are doing, then he can leave and get paid elsewhere. He's old and we'd save a lot of SMS there, but I doubt we'd be able to find any other NI who is at his  level. I hope we keep him and I hope he takes a pay cut.

I wouldn't go as far to say that....Maybe initially in his first 2 years he was injured more than healthy....thus a part timer and back-up...Last 3 years he has been one of the better if not best National Guards in the league, as well as a coaching type presence to boot...he'd be a huge loss

If you discount fansite assessments, and go with opinion of players, and coaches around the league, and our own coaches who know him best....many if not all will say same thing

I also know for a fact that each lineman is graded...every game...for every play, and what their responsibility was/what they did/how it turned out and he is consistently graded in the top 1 to 3, and more times than not in the top 2.....thats not a back-up part timer, or a insignificant piece to the puzzle....luckily we have a Speller..Eli..Desjarlais and Couture (all Canadians) in the mix all 4 of which would be snapped up in a heartbeat by any team and most likely starting as well...christ a line of Eli flanked by Desjarlais and Couture with Speller at right Tackle and an Import Left Tackle could get you through some games in a pinch....prob better than Sask current line hahahaha

Edited by Booch

29 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

We will NEVER find a NAT that can adequately replace Harris's production. If he leaves we either find production elsewhere in the offence and stay NAT at RB, or we go IMP at RB and get a stud.

I would think a rotation of Oliveira and Augustine would do ok....maybe even shockingly well....Oliviera is similar to Harris, and Augustine we know what he can do...we'd be okay...Not Harris like, but still very effective and doesnt hurt the ratio....you could also have both in the backfield, or on the field at same time and cause issues with a defence in who is getting the rock...all that being said...Harris will be here

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I would think a rotation of Oliveira and Augustine would do ok....maybe even shockingly well....Oliviera is similar to Harris, and Augustine we know what he can do...we'd be okay...Not Harris like, but still very effective and doesnt hurt the ratio....you could also have both in the backfield, or on the field at same time and cause issues with a defence in who is getting the rock...all that being said...Harris will be here

I have no doubt that Augie and Oliveira would be solid, however we would never get the dual threat 1000/1000 type of production we get from Harris. However, we might not get that from Harris this year either.....time is cruel mistress.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I know that I am in the minority on this, but I am OK if the Bombers and Harris part ways. Of course, I would absolutely love to have him but at the end of the day I believe he is a luxury item. If he wants to take his shave, right on! If not, then we simply find a stud IMP running back and move on and make ratio elsewhere. I have similar feelings about Medlock. It's not that I don't think these guys are outstanding football players it's just that they are likely the two easiest big ticket items on our list to replace at the moment.  Having said that c'mon Med and Harris...take your shave and stay.

The reason we drafted Liegghio(sp?) is because Medlock has been waffling every offseason about returning for the past couple years. It was bound to happen. Personally, I am fine with Medlock going. At the end of the day he is a kicker and we drafted a very good one.

He isnt a luxury item. With out harris our offense would be bottom of the league the last several years.  Finding a stud imp rb that can fill the hole harris leaves, and just coming up with another starting canadian else where is very easy to say not soo easy to do. 

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have no doubt that Augie and Oliveira would be solid, however we would never get the dual threat 1000/1000 type of production we get from Harris. However, we might not get that from Harris this year either.....time is cruel mistress.

i think it would be foolish of us to use Harris like that again at his age, Or expect it....I think thats more the Lapo influence on the offence too..but u never know...maybe he could still do it, but those days of use are numbered and I would lake to see the transition to a slot type hybrid receiver for Harris this year...a role he could take well into his mid late 30's and be just as, if not more effective than Fatboi Nik Lewis

A Olieveira/Augie combo would easily get us a combined 1100 to 1300 on the ground behind our line easily, as well as I bet 800 through air...Even tho he wasn't tasked with it in College much Oliviera has really good hands, and swing passes to him out in the flats some crossers would bring a world of hurt to a lot of db's..him getting the ball in open field in full gallop he would be a significant terror

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that....Maybe initially in his first 2 years he was injured more than healthy....thus a part timer and back-up...Last 3 years he has been one of the better if not best National Guards in the league, as well as a coaching type presence to boot...he'd be a huge loss

If you discount fansite assessments, and go with opinion of players, and coaches around the league, and our own coaches who know him best....many if not all will say same thing

I also know for a fact that each lineman is graded...every game...for every play, and what their responsibility was/what they did/how it turned out and he is consistently graded in the top 1 to 3, and more times than not in the top 2.....thats not a back-up part timer, or a insignificant piece to the puzzle....luckily we have a Speller..Eli..Desjarlais and Couture (all Canadians) in the mix all 4 of which would be snapped up in a heartbeat by any team and most likely starting as well...christ a line of Eli flanked by Desjarlais and Couture with Speller at right Tackle and an Import Left Tackle could get you through some games in a pinch....prob better than Sask current line hahahaha

Neuf played 6 games last year. A part time player doesn't deserve $200K IMO.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

bryant wouldnt turn that turd heap into a solid line. 

Just now, TBURGESS said:

not to mention we have a good chunk tied up on the young NI ol, and filing the inside spots with one would be pretty easy. Step back for a year maybe at worst. At some point, some thing has to give.  I hope it doesnt end up being one of the good young NIs. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I guess u can say that about any player coming off of off season surgery...actually 9 games...and was a solidifying force once in...I guess you didn't cherry pick the 18 games in each of last 2 seasons plus playoffs eh?...if he was a backup/part timer THE COACHING staff wouldn't have put him in ahead of someone else

Also of note he kept getting injured the first few year due to being rushed back before 100 percent because we had jack squat in terms of lineman...commendable of him to even suit up and a sign of a guy playing for his boys...exactly what this team is all about

8 minutes ago, Sard said:

I'm wondering if the delay in signing Harris is that he's taking the team first attitude and letting Walters take care of signing the rest of the team and then Harris is willing to come in and "take what's left" as it were for his salary.

Maybe...hope so...

Just now, Sard said:

I'm wondering if the delay in signing Harris is that he's taking the team first attitude and letting Walters take care of signing the rest of the team and then Harris is willing to come in and "take what's left" as it were for his salary.

Until he signs else where, I assume its some thing along those lines. I cant see harris leaving winnipeg for another cfl team at this point. 

Ol, is the ultimate team position. Every good or better OL is more then the sum of its pieces, and maintaining that consistency once you find success is vital.  Its always easy to see the dramatic change when an OL gets good, but the previous year is when the chemistry is built. Thats why saskatchewans OL is constantly a year away, from being a year away. 

The question is, are we trying to win a GC in 2021, or are we trying to just be good. In order to replicate the same level of success in pro sports requires improvement each year. At some point you have to go young other wise you go the way of the dinosaur. Its easier at some positions (db) to go young then others (ol), but I think even if we go young this year we are still a play off team.