Bombers Signings

Noeller

The past couple of years we've made pretty good scores in FA at the DB position. Im not sure thatll continue as we seem to have a pretty good mix of vets and some good young experienced guys ready to step up.   I think thats going to be one of the positions to watch this off season and into TC.  Will Brandon alexander stay at S? (i hope so)  Will Exume take the next step and start getting some serious reps on D?  

23 hours ago, Noeller said:

Josh Johnson was on Insta recently commenting on a Bombers signing post that he's still waiting for a phone call. Came off a bit like complaining/whining, but who knows with social media posting... hopefully his deal gets done at some point.

I thought this said Jovon Johnson at first and I was extremely confused. 

19 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

He is a free agent I believe

We have 2 other kickers (Riley and Lieggio) on the roster so I don't know how it will play out re Medlock re-signing (or not res-signing). At some point you have to take/give chance to the younger guy. 

Same with Rempel, 2 LS (can LS) in the roster - Latoure and Miles. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Mark Liegghio....now this kid has a leg...Watched some of his field goal efforts from last year and he was putting them through the uprights from the fifty with ease...Ham. really wanted a shot at him at the draft but we picked their pocket...Could be the future here

If he is good and he is not the now (meaning we hold on to Medlock) Im afraid we will not see him play for the blue and gold. 

On 2021-01-11 at 9:30 AM, Booch said:

We have enough returning DB's from the team that won the Cup, plus some new ones coming in who will fill the void (vets/rookies) and I will not be surprised this year if one of the Hallett boys or Exume don't take over the safety spot now that Alexander is re-upped...He was never the long-term fix, just the solution for last year. So Sayles and most likely one of the higher DB salaries he would command wasn't really needed. or worth it...good player for sure but wasn't the piece that put us over the top, nor would be the loss to prevent us from repeating..There is a good chance Kongbo will be here this summer, so use that money for the ratio flex guy

With Taylor, Maston, M.Jones, Alexander and Josh Johnson all coming back that right there is a more than capable back end. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Chris Lyles will bring, tho most likely a solution for the boundary corner, and Malyk Boynton is coming back too to compete for a HB spot...was kinda shocked he was cut loose last year, tho perhaps it was due to injury??...not sure, but he comes back with CFL experience, and a whole season to study...so he will hit ground running.

Too bad Bombers cant find a way to make Alexender work at Safety with the ratio. He was a game changer back there. 

2 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

Too bad Bombers cant find a way to make Alexender work at Safety with the ratio. He was a game changer back there. 

They can find a way, they start 6 Canadians (Harris, Demski, Wolitarsky, Desjarlais, Neufeld and Couture) on Offense and Thomas on Defense. They can play 5 American DBs if they want to. 

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

3DN & TSN trying to make it sound like Harris & the Bombers are having trouble getting a new deal done. 

I dont see a 3DN article related to it. 

Ive seen the TSN. It’s Lalji still hoping Harris will come back to the West Coast.