Bombers Signings

Noeller

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Anyone who was on the 2019 will have a special place with me won’t slag. He is a hell of a football player.

Not slagging Sayles. It's just he's not a Bomber anymore. I'll cheer for guys who want to be here. Not ones who have left. Yes, he was a big reason we won but times change. This is what those stupid 1 year deals have done. Fans can't relate to players anymore. Half of the CFL fans out there can't tell you player names, numbers or what they look like on their favourite teams which is leading to a disconnect with the CFL fanbase. 

Without transparency of salaries it's hard to speculate, but with the cap crunch this year some impact player was always going to be gone. I thought it was going to be Jeffcoat. 

He might be the highest paid db in the CFL now, and that very well may not work within Walters' budget and he decided to go with the lower priced players like Taylor, Mason. It is what it is.

Edited by Dr Zaius

53 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Without transparency of salaries it's hard to speculate, but with the cap crunch this year some impact player was always going to be gone. I thought it was going to be Jeffcoat. 

He might be the highest paid db in the CFL now, and that very well may not work within Walter's budget and he decided to go with the lower priced players like Taylor, Mason. It is what it is.

I have to believe this isn't far from the truth.

We are going to want guys who can cover but what is more important is our dominant defensive line and linebackers.

Meanwhile guys like Taylor and Maston are probably a bit underrated. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not slagging Sayles. It's just he's not a Bomber anymore. I'll cheer for guys who want to be here. Not ones who have left. Yes, he was a big reason we won but times change. This is what those stupid 1 year deals have done. Fans can't relate to players anymore. Half of the CFL fans out there can't tell you player names, numbers or what they look like on their favourite teams which is leading to a disconnect with the CFL fanbase. 

He played out his two year rookie contract never was on a one year deal.

We have enough returning DB's from the team that won the Cup, plus some new ones coming in who will fill the void (vets/rookies) and I will not be surprised this year if one of the Hallett boys or Exume don't take over the safety spot now that Alexander is re-upped...He was never the long-term fix, just the solution for last year. So Sayles and most likely one of the higher DB salaries he would command wasn't really needed. or worth it...good player for sure but wasn't the piece that put us over the top, nor would be the loss to prevent us from repeating..There is a good chance Kongbo will be here this summer, so use that money for the ratio flex guy

With Taylor, Maston, M.Jones, Alexander and Josh Johnson all coming back that right there is a more than capable back end. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Chris Lyles will bring, tho most likely a solution for the boundary corner, and Malyk Boynton is coming back too to compete for a HB spot...was kinda shocked he was cut loose last year, tho perhaps it was due to injury??...not sure, but he comes back with CFL experience, and a whole season to study...so he will hit ground running.

Edited by Booch