Bombers Signings

Noeller

as I have mentioned before....best all around set of tools in tool box then we have had in a longtime...and has a right cannon.....safe to say one of best in league...wont see him underthrowing anyone on deep bombs, or having a ball hang there for a 50/50...If we get a guy behind coverage (hello Lucky)...they gone!!

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm excited he's back. Obviously, the back-up QB is the best player on any team but watching him in practice and during warmup, gives me great hope!

Agreed but in fairness he came to the club and beat out Bryan Bennett who also showed a lot (and could play special teams) and hasn't looked completely lost whenever he has been on the field.   

I know it's hard to say our back up QB is the next greatest thing when over the years nearly every QB we brought  in people have said they will be the next greatest player (Marve, Ellliott, Davis, etc...)   but this time around I think he is legit.   As much as people loved Strev....  I think McGuire would of been the better long term solution. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know anything, but I just like the way he throws a ball. His mechanics seem really sound. Smooth. But the biggest thing you need to play QB in the CFL is a top notch brain. If he can think the game properly, then we are set. 

he also has craze pocket sense, and iron balls in the pocket...will stand in there to let things develop and take his shot..no happy feet and behind our o-line...he's gonna get even more polished hanging in there knowing he won't get be-headed...this is huge for a young thrower...too many guys have been ruined playing behind swiss cheese....look no further than Willy right here in the Peg

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't have any opinion about how good or bad McGuire is yet, because I haven't seen him play enough. I hope you guys are right though, because he'll likely be our starting QB sometime next season.

I think @Booch touched upon the fact McGuire will be surrounded by a good amount of talent that he will be able to perform well. I think it will be similar to the situation the Ti-Cats had last season when Evans stepped in under center. They were very successful and I think we will be too.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think @Booch touched upon the fact McGuire will be surrounded by a good amount of talent that he will be able to perform well. I think it will be similar to the situation the Ti-Cats had last season when Evans stepped in under center. They were very successful and I think we will be too.

Like I said, I hope you guys are right.

On 2021-01-01 at 10:28 AM, TBURGESS said:

I don't have any opinion about how good or bad McGuire is yet, because I haven't seen him play enough. I hope you guys are right though, because he'll likely be our starting QB sometime next season.

I hope so too.  Given our history with backup QBs, it is indeed difficult to not be cynical.