World Junior Championships 2021

16 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Germans were forced to play short-handed and 2 nights in a row. That’s on the WJH org. But if ever there was a chance to try different line combinations, this was it.

There is no sportsmanship in a game like that.

According to TSN, the Germans were given the option of rescheduling their initial games once the COVID outbreak hit. They chose to keep the games as they were. The rationale was that they were going to lose these 2 games anyway, so the scores don’t matter, and they would rather get their full compliment back for the games that matter to them against the Swiss and the Slovaks to try and crack the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I heard the Germans had an opportunity to tweak their schedule and opted not to.  They knew their first 2 games were likely loses, regardless.

I have no idea what you mean by ‘no sportsmanship in a game like that’.  What would you have team Canada do?  Let up and risk injury?  If they won 8-2, would that make you feel better?  Because if either German goalie could make a few routine saves or not cough the puck up, that may have happened. I just don’t get this narrative that the Canadians did anything unsportsmanlike.  It’s ridiculous.

I was literally typing my response at the same time. You are just faster on the send button. 🤣

13 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I just don’t get this narrative that the Canadians did anything unsportsmanlike.  It’s ridiculous.

I didn’t say the Canadians intentionally did anything unsportsmanlike, but a game like that does not promote sportsmanship.

But if you guys didn’t mind that slaughter...so be it.