Religious Issues

Mr Dee

Hal Anderson had a great chat with Pastor Bruce Martin of Calvary Temple today. While I’m not the member of any church I could easily sit and listen tomPastor Bruce for a couple hours. He just gets it if you ask me. 

Starts about 5:40 of this clip. 

https://omny.fm/shows/cjob-afternoon/pastor-present

10 hours ago, JCon said:

That's some serious coin. When are we going to tax these entities? I would be curious to see how much they spend on items for their staff beyond just the salary? 

Grifting game is strong with Springs. 

I really recommend watching this episode of John Oliver.... it's crazy what they get away with in the States and apparently in Canada also. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I really recommend watching this episode of John Oliver.... it's crazy what they get away with in the States and apparently in Canada also. 

"Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption"- ******* brilliant.

Yeah- Last Week tonight have shone the light on a lot of bullshit over the years- with hilarity and biting wit.

13 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Hal Anderson had a great chat with Pastor Bruce Martin of Calvary Temple today. While I’m not the member of any church I could easily sit and listen tomPastor Bruce for a couple hours. He just gets it if you ask me. 

Starts about 5:40 of this clip. 

https://omny.fm/shows/cjob-afternoon/pastor-present

Bruce Martin is a gem. He married one of my best friends back in 2012 (I was the best man) and he was just awesome throughout the entire thing. Never sanctimonious, never "pushy" with an agenda, as well as easygoing, openminded, and very down to earth. He truly epitomizes what it means to be Christian, IMO.

The current crop of Protestant evangelists have repeated all the mistakes of the Catholic church when it was at the height of its power and corruption in the Middle Ages. At that time you could purchase an "indulgence" whereby you could, for the right price, get forgiveness of a sin (or sins)  in advance of doing it. Sort of the pre-emptive pardons Trump is preparing to give out in exchange for donations to him. So few clergy are willing to speak out to condemn these travesties. 

Edited by Tracker

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

The follow-up back story to this is quite something. After he opened his own phony church and asked for money, Oliver shut it down. Not because he had to, but because people sent more than just money, and it became a public health issue. Won’t spoil it if you don’t know, but here is the link to the progression of episodes.