2021 Season

Jpan85

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

So, when exactly did Canada emulate U.S. Covid policy? When did we follow their lead? 

We didn't, so having the US below us doesn't mean squat. We could have emulated Australia or New Zealand or any other country that locked down tight for long enough. Heck, we could have emulated Japan and made sure that everyone wore masks, stayed 1 meter apart, made businesses install forehead heat sensors at their doors and not let anyone in who ran a temp. It worked for them.

Instead, we let the politicians make wrong decision after wrong decision. Open up, close down, open up, close down. Call non-essential businesses essential. Let folks walk around without masks, instead of no mask, here's your ticket. Let religious gatherings happen without any repercussions. In Alberta, we even went as far as to ticket people and throw one or two of them in jail, only to let them go without even paying a fine.  They're now talking about spending millions of dollars on advertising to get people to get the vaccines instead of no vaccine, no entry. They don't even want people to have to have vaccine cards to prove they've been vaccinated in case it stigmatizes those who choose not to. All this means we don't get back to normal, likely for years.

Edited by TBURGESS

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Looks like the NDP has taken over the lead in the polls recently in Alta...Just how bad is Kenny's govt....???that says a lot

Given the fact that the Alberta economy has cratered under the UCP (although not entirely their fault), the NDP might be wishing that they do not win the next election. Bob Rae in Ontario had a similar experience,

I'm beating a dead horse here but the CFL has made its own bed. 

How long have the fans been screaming for more information?

We want to know who's on the neg list but for years they wouldn't tell us who's on it. Why? Finally, they open up 10 names. A joke. 

We want to more about salaries and cap management but they never tell us. Why? It's some sort of secret despite every other pro league manages to get that info out. 

Gambling is a big deal and all major sports leagues get that but not the CFL. 

There's money out there to be made. There is a large demographic of fans being ignored because the CFL won't give us the information that every other league provides. 

On 2021-03-26 at 8:11 PM, JCon said:

We want to know who's on the neg list but for years they wouldn't tell us who's on it. Why? Finally, they open up 10 names. A joke. 

We want to more about salaries and cap management but they never tell us. Why? It's some sort of secret despite every other pro league manages to get that info out. 

There's money out there to be made. There is a large demographic of fans being ignored because the CFL won't give us the information that every other league provides. 

Yep. Things were in bad shape before the pandemic. No one listened to the fans. We were ignored. 

On 2021-03-27 at 5:27 PM, Noeller said:

Except it will be variants & the number of people vaccinated that will determine how far this goes. 

On 2021-03-26 at 9:11 PM, JCon said:

Absolutely, not to mention the impact a CFL video game could have on potential young fans. I know growing up my friends would have loved a CFL video game and it likely would have made them life long fans.

20 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Absolutely, not to mention the impact a CFL video game could have on potential young fans. I know growing up my friends would have loved a CFL video game and it likely would have made them life long fans.

Being a hardcore gamer and following the game industry...  the best case scenario for a CFL game would be an "indie" game that would rip off something like Tecmo Super Bowl.   EA is never making a CFL game,  they would never profit off of it.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Being a hardcore gamer and following the game industry...  the best case scenario for a CFL game would be an "indie" game that would rip off something like Tecmo Super Bowl.   EA is never making a CFL game,  they would never profit off of it.  

At this point with EA it's probably better. Their last few madden games have lacked any creativity. Essentially the same game with slightly better graphics every year. 

56 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

At this point with EA it's probably better. Their last few madden games have lacked any creativity. Essentially the same game with slightly better graphics every year. 

This is why I only buy every third or fourth installment. I get to be wowed by all the 'new changes' only to play the same old franchise mode with the same old custom stadiums they had 10 years ago.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Itd probably be better quality in that case too lol.

I think that'd be awesome though. You could have it available on the app store / xbox / ps store etc. Id play the hell out of an old school CFL remake of tecmo. 

Edited by wbbfan

On 2021-03-26 at 8:28 AM, TBURGESS said:

We didn't, so having the US below us doesn't mean squat. We could have emulated Australia or New Zealand or any other country that locked down tight for long enough. Heck, we could have emulated Japan and made sure that everyone wore masks, stayed 1 meter apart, made businesses install forehead heat sensors at their doors and not let anyone in who ran a temp. It worked for them.

Instead, we let the politicians make wrong decision after wrong decision. Open up, close down, open up, close down. Call non-essential businesses essential. Let folks walk around without masks, instead of no mask, here's your ticket. Let religious gatherings happen without any repercussions. In Alberta, we even went as far as to ticket people and throw one or two of them in jail, only to let them go without even paying a fine.  They're now talking about spending millions of dollars on advertising to get people to get the vaccines instead of no vaccine, no entry. They don't even want people to have to have vaccine cards to prove they've been vaccinated in case it stigmatizes those who choose not to. All this means we don't get back to normal, likely for years.

I have no sympathy for people who claim their rights are being discriminated. Screw them. 

I see Gable retired. Another victim of Covid19 likely. Good for him on his career though.

I remember seeing a lot of talk online about "more" players going this route and was worried for a bit. But I honestly haven't seen anyone retire who is a really big loss. (yet).

Edited by Bigblue204

On 2021-03-31 at 9:53 AM, Brandon said:

EA makes garbage games anyways - but EA used to make arena football games. I never understood how the arena league could have a game made when the CFL couldn’t. 

I would’ve liked to have seen the CFL partner with 2K for a fun arcade style game. 

The old 2K football games were legendary. They got too good so EA bought exclusive rights. I've read decent things about the Axis Football series, but haven't played it. Kind of fits the whole indie angle that I think would be good. Maybe they have a CFL mod or could get licensing eventually. Could be good for both sides.