2021 Season

Jpan85

Just now, Stickem said:

That population wouldn't be in T.O. would it.....shocking....A lot of wannabe's there...

Oh, yes, this was Twitter back-and-forth and they were a Leafs fan too from Toronto. I mean if you've already given up all hope, what's the big deal with another down, right? 

Just now, CodyT said:

Unfortunately I've brought this up to a few of my friends who are not currently cfl fans (all in there 20s) and they love the idea

But, will they go to games? 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Oh, yes, this was Twitter back-and-forth and they were a Leafs fan too from Toronto. I mean if you've already given up all hope, what's the big deal with another down, right? 

But, will they go to games? 

And I quote "Woww. Might actually start watching the bombers now"

And "It's gonna be so much better haha. Bigger names in the league, 4 downs, more teams"

******* idiots don't get it 

My first reaction was What the F???? My second reaction was WHY?

IF... It just means cross promotion, then this is much ado about nothing.

IF... It means CFL rules played in both countries, then I'm for it. I don't care about field size. I know it would mean killing the ratio, but it's not the passports that matter, it's the rules.

IF... It means 4 down, NFL rules in both countries, then I'd rather let the CFL die.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/~2157440

CFL to explore opportunities for alignment with XFL

The CFL and XFL owners Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson, and RedBird Capital announced that they have agreed to work together to identify opportunities for the leagues to collaborate. TSN's Dave Naylor has more on what the deal means for both leagues, including a potential merger, and why talks between the two leagues are taking place.

Video!

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/~2157440

CFL to explore opportunities for alignment with XFL

The CFL and XFL owners Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson, and RedBird Capital announced that they have agreed to work together to identify opportunities for the leagues to collaborate. TSN's Dave Naylor has more on what the deal means for both leagues, including a potential merger, and why talks between the two leagues are taking place.

Video!

Doesn’t take a lot of reading between the lines in hearing Naylor in that video to surmise that the CFL is in major financial trouble and may essentially be dead. 

36 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

IF... It means 4 down, NFL rules in both countries, then I'd rather let the CFL die.

I had a similar thought this morning. I'd rather the league die an honourable death than see it become something awful like Minor League NFL.....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

4. US Immigration. Canadians weren't allowed to play on American CFL teams because it took away American jobs. I doubt that's changed. To compensate, rosters on CFL teams would have to drastically cut Canadian players & replace them with Americans. The good ones will make it. The borderline Canadians will all be gone.

Correction here... it's not that they weren't allowed to play on the American teams.... there was just no minimum Cdn player requirement.... i.e. the ratio....

Unless I'm mistaken... then someone please correct me... 

I listened to Wade on 680. And he honestly made me feel better lol. Said nothing from this is going to impact this year. Reassured that the league is aware of the tradition of the CFL (though he didn't say they would 100% not be changing rules etc). 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7688348/cfl-xfl-talks-winnipeg-blue-bombers-reaction/