2021 Season

Jpan85

Is there any way to short that Sask pick? This is a joke, right? I expect them to finish even with BC, just ahead of the bottom, Edmonton E.... some-or-others....

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

LMFAO those have got to be the worst odds i have ever seen. Edmonton whos offense looks like theyre going to put up 50 points a game dead last? Sask ahead of us after loosing like half their D?? Whoever came up with these was hitting the pipe big time.

I don't expect Harris to be on his feet long enough to put up big points. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Is there any way to short that Sask pick? This is a joke, right? I expect them to finish even with BC, just ahead of the bottom, Edmonton E.... some-or-others....

I don't expect Harris to be on his feet long enough to put up big points. 

Their o-line will be better this year i suspect, especially if Rogers is completely healthy.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

LMFAO those have got to be the worst odds i have ever seen. Edmonton whos offense looks like theyre going to put up 50 points a game dead last? Sask ahead of us after loosing like half their D?? Whoever came up with these was hitting the pipe big time.

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-tied-for-league-lead-in-quarterbacks

you mean you haven't heard? "the riders are tied for the league lead in quarterbacks"!!

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

LMAO. I see the green koolaid is flowing strong this offseason. They must spike it with antifreeze. But i can see why such an article deserved to be penned, with the Hall of Fame likes of Franklin and Harker waiting in the wings. Theyve got a steep hill to climb however, trying to unseat Doug Flutie Jr........errr i mean Cody Fajardo.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The nature of betting institutions.  Just means put some money on the blue n gold. 

I'm really new to all that stuff....how does one take advantage of those odds within Canada and place a bet? Or does it have to be done in Vegas only?

A reminder these are betting odds and not the probability of winning the Grey Cup.  

Betting odds are impacted and changed based on popularity many times and how they predict money will be placed down for future bets.  It's much more prelevent in Boxing/MMA fights with people betting on names they recognize (Connor McGregor) rather then actual who is the better talent. 

They have Saskatchewan high because it's more likely that Rider fans are willing to throw money down on a bet.  

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Riders and Argos rated ahead of Bombers..(snort).

CFL 2021 Grey Cup odds

Team Odds to win the Grey Cup (as of Feb 20)
Hamilton Tiger-Cats +328
Saskatchewan Roughriders +446
Winnipeg Blue Bombers +502
Calgary Stampeders  +503
Toronto Argonauts +637
B.C. Lions +900
Montreal Alouettes +900
Edmonton Football Team +1,000
Ottawa Redblacks +1,000

Odds courtesy of Sports Interaction

Actually Hamilton and Riders, but I prefer Odds shark's take anyway:

Who will win the 2021 Grey Cup?

CFL Grey Cup Odds 2021
Team Odds
Hamilton Tiger-Cats +300
Winnipeg Blue Bombers +450
Calgary Stampeders  +500
Saskatchewan Roughriders +500
Toronto Argonauts +800
British Columbia Lions +850
Edmonton  +900
Montreal Alouettes +900
Ottawa Redblacks +1400

It's truly insane that the Riders get ranked that high by anyone outside of the province. That is a bad football team with a bad QB who was a mirage in 2019....the team wasn't good then, and has become much worse since...

It seems that the same cast of characters post here every spring saying how god awful the Riders are and how they are so overrated, and yet they somehow managed to top the Western conference last season (2 years ago) and finish 2nd and host a playoff game the year before that. Hate on them all you want, but they were objectively a very good team last time out. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It seems that the same cast of characters post here every spring saying how god awful the Riders are and how they are so overrated, and yet they somehow managed to top the Western conference last season (2 years ago) and finish 2nd and host a playoff game the year before that. Hate on them all you want, but they were objectively a very good team last time out. 

Truthfully I really don't care where the Riders are in terms of talent other then making sure we scheme correctly when playing them.

The only need to be objective here is yea they are important for the league but that's as far as I need to go. 

I really dislike them and enjoy every minute when we beat them, not feeling the need to objectively announce if they are a good team. I'll save that announcement for the Bomber players and coaching staff in their standard pregame interviews to limit billboard material. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Having objective discussion about the Roughriders on this forum...?

we don't do that here - GIF on Imgur

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Objectively they were a lucky team last year. Anyone actually think Cody Fajardo is going to play at that same level again? They are also a team that relies heavily on older players. They might have finished with a better record but they were paper tigers which is why the Bombers were able to beat them at home in the playoffs both years.