2021 Season

Jpan85

Why does the name have to start with an E? So they don't have to change the decal on their helmets?

The reality is, that a renaming starts and ends with Greengolds. It's an homage to every Albertans' favorite place...Ottawa.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

Ok seriously. So far today Brandon has announced that he’s hard because of roster signings, Blueandgold is announcing his preference to abstinence over an unhappy sex life, and JCon just broadcast that he only gets laid every other year or so. Match.com fellas or it’s going to be a long Valentine’s Day for all 3 of you.

TMI !!!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok seriously. So far today Brandon has announced that he’s hard because of roster signings, Blueandgold is announcing his preference to abstinence over an unhappy sex life, and JCon just broadcast that he only gets laid every other year or so. Match.com fellas or it’s going to be a long Valentine’s Day for all 3 of you.

TMI !!!!!!!!

I have two young children.... I do no sex :P

I just wanted an excuse to post this video... it always makes me laugh

On 2021-02-11 at 8:09 AM, Brandon said:

I have two young children.... I do no sex :P

I just wanted an excuse to post this video... it always makes me laugh

Guess you don't know the foolproof trick when you have young uns'....It's called vaseline....smeared all over the doorknobs of the bedroom

Don't like the prognostication about the season....Nobody is getting any younger around here....especially some guys on the club....Trying to paint this as anything but devastating and whistling by the graveyard is fool hearty...I can't see us surviving another year without some form of Cfl played...I hope the report has been blown out of proportion...but by the sounds of it there's going to be a few worried looks around the league and a big WTF

Bob Irving said if they miss a second season, the league would likely fold altogether. I can't even wrap my head around that. But...I also believe that because of B117 and a WAY too premature "relaxing" of restrictions, we're going to see a massive 3rd wave of COVID that is going to make things extremely difficult come late spring/early summer. So, while we all want some football this year, I'm worried about how it'll be possible. Could there be a shortened season starting after Labour Day? Is that even possible? Virtually everyone will be vaccinated and hopefully numbers at a manageable rate by that point........? 

3 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Bullshit. Get it done.

"Take the year to plan for 2022 and get it right so you can have a focused format for years to come"

Why not just make it an even 2025 then? They've had plenty of time to plan. That's what the last 10 months have been for

No kidding. Rudderless leadership from you know who & the BOGs!! Scarf Boy was stylin' & profilin' last December pronouncing the league was BACK(!!!!) & even released a schedule. We even believed him. Then we read this.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

And people jumped on me because I said it was bullshit that having no plan to play without fans in the stands was a severe lack of effort on the CFLs part. 

**** you Randy Ambrosie. I swear to God if you kill the CFL on me....

And that whole line about guarantee packed stadiums..... how stupid are they? Out of sight out of mind. People will move on with 2 canceled seasons.

These guys have had a year to figure this out but it looks like they didn't & learned nothing by missing the season. For Ambrosie to come out in December & lie to us that the season will take place makes me so angry. They had no plan. They sat on their asses & are still wanting government money in the form of a loan.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

These guys have had a year to figure this out but it looks like they didn't & learned nothing by missing the season. For Ambrosie to come out in December & lie to us that the season will take place makes me so angry. They had no plan. They sat on their asses & are still wanting government money in the form of a loan.

That's the part that floors me. They did literally nothing... every other league van figure out a plan but not the CFL? Get ******.

Gotta say this doesn't shock me because they didn't let anyone know what the plan was for this year. Sucks for everyone if they can't get a season in, but the pandemic takes precedence over everything. Canada can't have 4 super spreader events a week. 

Maybe rapid testing at the door is an answer. Maybe only people who have been vaccinated (Vaccination cards?). Maybe 25% occupancy and masks for social distancing. Maybe all of the above.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's the part that floors me. They did literally nothing... every other league van figure out a plan but not the CFL? Get ******.

It still feels like nine teams all on their own. It shows with free agency. Some teams claiming they don't have the money to be big spenders like Winnipeg & calgary while others like the Argos seem to be spending like crazy. Teams have to work together to come up with a business plan during the pandemic & not on their own. The cap should have been slashed by half temporarily. All contracts renegotiated. Any player not willing gets cut. And they can't sign with any other CFL teams. Is it fair? No. Is it right? No. But these are desperate times which calls for desperate measures. The CFLPA can go pound sand. But, nope. And here we are going into Year 2 of the pandemic & the CFL is still clueless.