Underappreciated Plays

Y2C

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I hear that. I couldn't bring myself to PVR any of the playoff games for fear of jinxing us. I should have taken the Monday off work and stayed in Calgary to party after the game, but again didn't want to be presumptuous and jinx us. Damnation. Just never imagined it could actually happen for us.... 

When you have a 22 year drought from 1962-84 & then a further 29 year drought from 1990-2019 as fans our heads get filled up with paranoid thoughts of doom & gloom because we've seen just about every bad thing happen to our Bombers in the playoffs. Hard to stay positive when winless championship droughts routinely last 2-3 decades. Meanwhile jack **** teams like the Argos win Grey Cups year after year. It is maddening. Yet, through it all we still are #3 in all time wins behind Edmonton & Toronto.  Whenever I think of that I can stick my chest out a little further with pride. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When you have a 22 year drought from 1962-84 & then a further 29 year drought from 1990-2019 as fans our heads get filled up with paranoid thoughts of doom & gloom because we've seen just about every bad thing happen to our Bombers in the playoffs. Hard to stay positive when winless championship droughts routinely last 2-3 decades. Meanwhile jack **** teams like the Argos win Grey Cups year after year. It is maddening. Yet, through it all we still are #3 in all time wins behind Edmonton & Toronto.  Whenever I think of that I can stick my chest out a little further with pride. 

I really hang on to that total GCs thing. Had a bunch of Riders and Stamps fans yipping about how we finally won one and I was just saying "We tried to let everyone else catch up to us and you still couldn't..." All those yappers have absolutely nothing to say anymore. The 1990 thing is old news and the game wasn't a fluke. We destroyed the best team in the league. **** em all. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really hang on to that total GCs thing. Had a bunch of Riders and Stamps fans yipping about how we finally won one and I was just saying "We tried to let everyone else catch up to us and you still couldn't..." All those yappers have absolutely nothing to say anymore. The 1990 thing is old news and the game wasn't a fluke. We destroyed the best team in the league. **** em all. 

Losing that 100 lb chain around our necks as an organization meant everything. We're no longer the team with the longest GC losing streak. The other teams can go .... off! I said this the night we won a year ago & I still mean it. I'm absolutely thrilled that the younger fans here that never experienced a Grey Cup win & never knew the feeling that goes with winning a championship  finally had that chance to experience what that win meant!!!! Even for an grizzled old fan like me it brings tears to my eyes still. Mike O'Shea got it.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I do as well. Winning 11 Championships is a big deal. We brought the Tiger Cats to their knees. It was an old fashioned **** kicking. Brandon Banks was shut down by the middle of the third quarter. They lost their most explosive player to injury but truth be told he quit before he got hurt when he told Steinhauer to stop giving him the ball. He was scared. Their qb Dane Evans was so far out of his mind from being hit every play that he was useless to them in the 2nd half. 

Remember how the Tiger Cats acted at the CFL Awards banquet the Thursday before the game? Man, they thought all they had to do was show up & the Bombers would just lie down & they'd just take the championship that they felt belonged to them back to Steel Town. I think they just fired up the Bombers even more being disrespected like that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2020-11-21 at 6:41 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I do as well. Winning 11 Championships is a big deal. We brought the Tiger Cats to their knees. It was an old fashioned **** kicking. Brandon Banks was shut down by the middle of the third quarter. They lost their most explosive player to injury but truth be told he quit before he got hurt when he told Steinhauer to stop giving him the ball. He was scared. Their qb Dane Evans was so far out of his mind from being hit every play that he was useless to them in the 2nd half. 

Remember how the Tiger Cats acted at the CFL Awards banquet the Thursday before the game? Man, they thought all they had to do was show up & the Bombers would just lie down & they'd just take the championship that they felt belonged to them back to Steel Town. I think they just fired up the Bombers even more being disrespected like that. 

Interesting about Banks not wanting the ball. I’ve never heard that. Where did you hear that?

53 minutes ago, Bombers9256 said:

Interesting about Banks not wanting the ball. I’ve never heard that. Where did you hear that?

There was a mic during the game caught him whining about being targeted 3 times ina row and how he was tired. Aka coach they are playing too hard.

That was the thing I love most about that team. They all played a hard tough style.

I just tell 'Rider fans to call me when they need two hands to count their GC rings.

Also, they're such a trash franchise, their first ever GC win was against the Ottawa Rough Riders. They are the only goddamn team name in existence that won the Grey Cup while also losing it.

23 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Really sad we didn't have the home opener this year against him... I planned on making a sign referring to him as Speedy Me for his selfish ways lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-11-21 at 6:30 PM, Noeller said:

I always just laugh because 1990 is the ONLY thing they had on us... and now they have nothing.... if anyone still wants to bring it up I usually hit them with something along these lines...

"yeah, that 29 years was pretty bad... now just imagine if your team averaged a championship every 29 years and your team has existed for 110 years... that would give you, what, about 4 cups total? Now that would be brutal." 

Edited by bearpants