2020 USA ELECTION!!!!

Wanna-B-Fanboy

8 hours ago, bustamente said:

If he says it enough he thinks people will eventually agree with him

This one Republican affidavit says everything you need to know about the sorry state of today's GOP

The Daily Kos November 12, 2020

The Trump campaign released a 234-page stack of affidavits from poll watchers in Detroit alleging supposed intimidation. This Twitter thread highlights many of the absurd claims, such as complaining that independent poll watchers were too liberal, or this one complaining about "a very large man in 'Count the Vote' gear," or this one about people being mean to him. But one stood out to me, because it says so much about the sorry state of the Republican Party and the conservative movement today. Let's take a look.

A Republican poll watcher found it suspicious that Joe Biden would get military votes. As the affidavit states, "I did find it odd that, throughout the day/night, I saw a few dozen military ballots be counted. Although I cannot provide specific numbers or names, I can estimate that at least 80% of the military ballots I saw were straight ticket democrat or simply had Joe Biden's name filled in on them. I had always been told that military personnel tended to be more conservative, so this stuck out to me as the day went on."

Oh, this is so juicy.

• "How many compliant judges are going to throw themselves on the ground in front of that train?" the lawyer said. "And how many legislatures are going to go along with it?" Instead, he said, Trump may try to "scare the living bejeezus out of everyone to gain leverage and then cut a deal for him and his family."

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:
  • "How many compliant judges are going to throw themselves on the ground in front of that train?" the lawyer said. "And how many legislatures are going to go along with it?" Instead, he said, Trump may try to "scare the living bejeezus out of everyone to gain leverage and then cut a deal for him and his family."

No surprise there. Trump's GOP is well aware this is a long shot, but the more delays they can create to install their kind of people in key government positions and destroy public confidence, the better off they feel they will be. This is a major step towards installing a disguised dictatorship in the name of "law and order". Putin must be rolling on the floor in glee. He could not have dreamed a better outcome.

Pennsylvania postal worker recants claims of voting ‘irregularities’ — says that Project Veritas penned his affidavit

According to Boburg, Bogage and Bennett, "Hopkins surreptitiously recorded the interview on Monday, then revealed to the agents that he had done so at the end of the session, according to the recording. Project Veritas, an organization that initially aired Hopkins' claims last week, released the recording on Wednesday, claiming that it showed he was coerced and pressured into signing a 'watered down statement drafted by them using their words.'"

Project Veritas, the reporters note, "has sought to bolster unproven allegations of widespread voter fraud, offering a $25,000 reward for evidence of election improprieties in Pennsylvania in recent days and promoting fundraising efforts for Hopkins."

Reuters: Top U.S. Cybersecurity Official Expects to Be Fired After Debunking Election Lies: Report

Jonathan Ernst/Reuters
The United States’ top cybersecurity official has told those close to him that he expects to be fired, Reuters reports. Chris Krebs, head of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), has drawn the ire of the White House with his agency’s “Rumor Control” page, which debunks election misinformation as part of its work defending U.S. elections against digital interference and hacking. President Donald Trump has promoted false claims of widespread voter fraud and filed a series of unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the results of the election. White House officials have reportedly requested that CISA remove its debunks, specifically one that put out accurate information deflating a conspiracy theory that a clandestine intelligence agency computer program could have altered votes across the country. The bureau has declined. Krebs himself did not confirm the news of his impending departure. Bryan Ware, assistant director of CISA, resigned Thursday.

Reuters: Trump Keeps Coming Up With Absurd and Unworkable Ideas to Stay in Office, Says Report

During his long days barricaded inside the White House, President Donald Trump is reportedly watching cable news coverage about his demise while coming up with scattershot ideas to cling to his office. The New York Times reports that, following a Wednesday meeting with advisers who have told him he has no chance of remaining president, Trump asked them if red states could put forward pro-Trump electors to give him the electoral votes he needs to overturn the election result. Sources told the paper Trump doesn’t appear to believe any of his schemes will actually work, but are more about killing time while he works out what he’ll do next. “He knows it’s over,” one adviser said, but the president seems to believe that the controversy is a good way to keep his supporters engaged.