Jump to content

2021 (??) CFL Season


Noeller
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I wonder if it could potentially be Oliviera if they don't know how long Harris will be out for.

If its structural damage to Harris' knee, he's done for the year, and bringing another NI running back would make sense.  Especially if he's a good one. Harris has more days behind him than in front of him and retirement is inevitable for all players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

If its structural damage to Harris' knee, he's done for the year, and bringing another NI running back would make sense.  Especially if he's a good one. Harris has more days behind him than in front of him and retirement is inevitable for all players.

Cooper is 🇺🇸 American

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further to Wilder's situation: its been proven again and again that talent is not enough. He will not be missed- the only ones to suffer from him being cut will be his family and community in the US.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Cooper is 🇺🇸 American

Then we can do without him if needed. He would have to be darned good to crack the lineup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If you don’t want to out him, then you really should not be dropping hints. It is a health privacy issue in a way. 

Did I really drop hints? No. I responded to a poster saying it’s probably a nobody on the team and then said “no, not them” to a couple responses and said I won’t be naming names and explained why when people started to guess.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Further to Wilder's situation: its been proven again and again that talent is not enough. He will not be missed- the only ones to suffer from him being cut will be his family and community in the US.

Then we can do without him if needed. He would have to be darned good to crack the lineup.

Short of brady getting hurt too, I think his best shot at cracking the line up would be if grant wasnt able to go. Then he could DI as the KR. Other wise if we used a DI on mcknight and grant again we could sit mcknight and DI shaq. But then we'd have to have a strong package planned for him to make that worth It and I dont see that happening. Especially when demski can run the ball too as needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Did I really drop hints? No. I responded to a poster saying it’s probably a nobody on the team and then said “no, not them” to a couple responses and said I won’t be naming names and explained why when people started to guess.

 

 

Well, not part-time, star, not Bailey, Lawler or Bryant, and would force us to shuffle  our game day roster a bit are all hints to my mind. Not trying to bust your chops here Mike, we all love the inside info you give, just don’t want you to get any heat from the club for discussing an inside issue that does have a privacy component to it, just for the sake of satisfying the curiosity of the chattering masses here, myself included. We can all guess names and if nothing is said, no one is closer to figuring out the masked singer. Like you have said, should be a non-issue by playoff time anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well, not part-time, star, not Bailey, Lawler or Bryant, and would force us to shuffle  our game day roster a bit are all hints to my mind. Not trying to bust your chops here Mike, we all love the inside info you give, just don’t want you to get any heat from the club for discussing an inside issue that does have a privacy component to it, just for the sake of satisfying the curiosity of the chattering masses here, myself included. We can all guess names and if nothing is said, no one is closer to figuring out the masked singer. Like you have said, should be a non-issue by playoff time anyway. 

So... Biggie?

 

😁😆😅

 

 

 

 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

this is always fun: 
https://3downnation.com/2021/10/20/insider-talk-montreals-trade-capital-torontos-rising-receiver-lawlers-breakout-season/

 

I’m not surprised that Kenny Lawler has played so well this season. He didn’t see the ball a lot in 2019 because of scheme but he really looked great on film. He was bound to produce at a higher level.

 

 

 

 

 

 

LaPo being LaPo. Schemed the guy right out of the offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

If its structural damage to Harris' knee, he's done for the year, and bringing another NI running back would make sense.  Especially if he's a good one. Harris has more days behind him than in front of him and retirement is inevitable for all players.

Except If your name rhymes with Tom Brady

Edited by Nolby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is almost always an exception to rules. Brady will simply be a little later in his retirement. I pity him with all that money and a gorgeous wife to fall back on. 

What a crummy fate.  Poor guy will have to keep himself busy making super charismatic commercials and adding to his ridiculous fortune that way -sigh-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

What a crummy fate.  Poor guy will have to keep himself busy making super charismatic commercials and adding to his ridiculous fortune that way -sigh-

It gets worse. As he ages, he's going to have a difficult time lifting his arms with all those rings on his fingers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

It gets worse. As he ages, he's going to have a difficult time lifting his arms with all those rings on his fingers. 

Yeah it wont be long before he's not even able to lift his bucs superbowl ring high enough to hold under belichicks nose. He might have to hire gronk to hold his hands up for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah it wont be long before he's not even able to lift his bucs superbowl ring high enough to hold under belichicks nose. He might have to hire gronk to hold his hands up for him. 

Gronk will be able to help him with just one hand though, since he cant lift his other hand with his own rings also. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/21/cfl-statement-covid-19-testing-results-3/

 

TORONTO — Between Weeks 6 and 11 of the CFL season, the league administered approximately 14,200 COVID-19 tests to Tier 1 personnel, which includes players, coaches and support staff.

Those tests returned a total of four positive cases. Please note that, on occasion, tests that come back positive may later be determined to be false positives upon re-testing.

Any individual who tests positive for COVID-19 is prevented from joining – or is removed from – team activities and is isolated or quarantined in accordance with the CFL’s Return to Play Health and Safety protocol and applicable government public health protocols.

As of Week 12, eight-of-nine clubs have met the 85 per cent fully vaccinated milestone. Based on upcoming scheduled vaccination dates, the league anticipates that 93 per cent of current players will be fully vaccinated by October 31. Being fully vaccinated refers to individuals who have had their second dose for a minimum of 14 days.

The CFL will continue to provide updates on tests administered to Tier 1 personnel. But, as a matter of policy, affected individuals and clubs will not be identified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jpan85 featured and unfeatured this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...