2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Both these idiots Ferguson and some other clown picking Hamilton 

Whoever the media picks loses... leafs Habs Ticats. 

Bombers are better. More than a TD win 

Hamilton is missing some major pieces in Addison,Ted Laurent and Frankie Williams at DB. I feel bad for Ted but in the end it's the next man up. They don't have our horses and they don't have all of theirs,Harris will have a monster game and my dark horse MVP will be Darvin. LETS ******* GO!!!!!!!!

For the commies in the crowd. Whenever two teams play, the winner must give half the points they are in front at the end of the event to the other team. 
western final results would have been tie 19 points to each squadron of revolutionaries. One team, the Winnipeg Comrades 19 and the Saskatchewan Peoples Front 19. It would be tied. And no one would be happy. 
Vlad Miller is rejoicing that 387 peasants gladly starved to death in the concourse so the ruling elite could enjoy an additional hot dog during the competition. 

Edited by Rod Black

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Just an awful awful trade. So awful it seemed fixed.

Second only to the “Troy Davis to Edmonton from Hamilton for their Grey Cup run in exchange for Jason Maas, but we’ll let Maas stay with the Esks until next year so they still have a QB for the playoffs, then move hiIm after the season for a retired player and pretend it’s a separate legitimate deal” 

Aside from my personal opinions on change I think the 4d etc changes are impossible for the cfl. 

If we played 4 down football on our current fields it would become arena football. You'd be scoring on every posesion. As it is we've seen a few games this year, when offense was down, with only a couple punts combined. 

To go 4 downs you would have to shrink the field. you probably need to go down go 11 players too. But most teams share their field with a cis team and usually host hs championship games. Changing the field ruins all of that. Those leagues could change eventually but not that fast. They are low on resources at the best of times. 

Half the teams in the league can't afford to change their fields whole sale and the newer good stadiums are optimized for the big field. You'd ruin game day experience for 6 to 7k fans in the strongest markets. 

Aside from all of that You'd ruin watchability for a good year. Coaches would be in a place where they have no idea how to play call game plan or build rosters. 

You can't mess with the ratio too much either. That would kill grass roots football which is the keystone to getting back viewers in the 18 to 35 target demographic.

My personal opinion is that the originality and differences between our game and the us game is what let's it survive. Cfl is faster better to watch and allows the best athletes to excel. It also demands more of players stamina and toughness. 

I bet every thing that makes me a bomber fan that 3 downs 12 men on the field and the field size and the ratio will not be over hauled. I bet xfl talks return again but that again it's nothing burger when it comes to mergers etc. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Reports out of Edmonton is that the Edmonton Ungulates have asked for permission to speak to Mike O'Shea for the GM/HC openings there. 

This hasn't been reported by anyone reputable and TSN hasn't even uttered a word about it in 3 hours and an "insider" segment each hour.

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Anyone remember this commercial? Strap Ambrosie to a chair and force him to watch this until he gets it.

Why do you think I dislike Randy Ambrosie so much? He's all talk, no action & the **** that comes out of his mouth makes no sense. We've had 3 years of his garbage. He is fricking clueless. He couldn't lead a pack of Hyenas to a dead carcass on the Kalahari Desert in broad daylight.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Reports out of Edmonton is that the Edmonton Ungulates have asked for permission to speak to Mike O'Shea for the GM/HC openings there. 

I call "BS" to his report by Arash Madani & 3 Down ... Wally Buono (won't let this happen doing Grey Cup week) has been hired to oversee the hiring & interviewing of the Elk openings... If this news came out next week, say Tue/Wed, I would put some stock into it... 

1 minute ago, camper_2 said:

I call "BS" to his report by Arash Madani & 3 Down ... Wally Buono (won't let this happen doing Grey Cup week) has been hired to oversee the hiring & interviewing of the Elk openings... If this news came out next week, say Tue/Wed, I would put some stock into it... 

during Grey Cup*