2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No one will pick him up on that contract. He will need to be released.

I still think he retires or restructures to stay in BC. 

BLM to Toronto. 

Maier stays in Calgary. 

Jesus Tinkles stays in Riderville.

Collaros stays here. 

Edmonton will go with Yukon Cornelias and Arbuckle. 

Montreal keeps VA and Trevor "Not the Best" Harris. 

Ticats keep Evans. 

RBs get Masoli. 

What if it's Jeffcoat? 🤯

You read my freakin mind actually, I was literally just thinking that. Because if you have a guy who isnt going to get the shot you would sit him and let some one else get reps at the end of the season. 

I hate the idea, but tbh if it is JJ he can kick bricks. Get him outta here. Im a huge fan of the guy, but no room for crap like that. 

Could also be a DB, which would play into bringing back Rose. Could be Grant, and thats why we are seeing a 2nd game of fumbleitis returning kicks. My other thought when we were tossing names at the wall last time was what if its a canadian like jake.  Scary thoughts. 

Just now, bigg jay said:

That would be disappointing and hurt the team but if Kongbo can keep playing as well as he did against Montreal, then it's a lot easier to take.

If kongbo can keep up his play from the last 2 games, especially vs mtl, then its time for him to start for good. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

You read my freakin mind actually, I was literally just thinking that. Because if you have a guy who isnt going to get the shot you would sit him and let some one else get reps at the end of the season. 

I hate the idea, but tbh if it is JJ he can kick bricks. Get him outta here. Im a huge fan of the guy, but no room for crap like that. 

Could also be a DB, which would play into bringing back Rose. Could be Grant, and thats why we are seeing a 2nd game of fumbleitis returning kicks. My other thought when we were tossing names at the wall last time was what if its a canadian like jake.  Scary thoughts. 

I feel like the fact that Jeffcoat's sister was able to come up and attend a game (implying that she's vaccinated), then he would be as well.

Grant would make some sense based on him not playing last week or this week.

15 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Its not Jeffcoat he put a picture of himself getting the vaccine  this spring on his Instagram story.

That is fantastic news. Was it his 2nd shot? Iirc isnt our hold one 1 shot in and not getting the 2nd? I might have that wrong. 

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If it was Grant, I feel like they would be trying out more players at returner than just Cooper - especially after last week.

With the time left I dont think it'd be much of an option. We also werent air lifting in return men when Nelson was stinking up the joint. Speaking of which, he's still a guy they like entirely too much. Plus, I bet they will have mcknight splitting return duties with cooper. He took one or two late in the MTL game. I think it's going to come down to how cooper looks being rotated in at rb and how mcknight looks starting at wr too. 

Even If its not grant, I think those two are vying for a roster spot and usage. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That is fantastic news. Was it his 2nd shot? Iirc isnt our hold one 1 shot in and not getting the 2nd? I might have that wrong. 

With the time left I dont think it'd be much of an option. We also werent air lifting in return men when Nelson was stinking up the joint. Speaking of which, he's still a guy they like entirely too much. Plus, I bet they will have mcknight splitting return duties with cooper. He took one or two late in the MTL game. I think it's going to come down to how cooper looks being rotated in at rb and how mcknight looks starting at wr too. 

Even If its not grant, I think those two are vying for a roster spot and usage. 

Not sure if it was second or first it was a few months ago 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

did I miss something where it was confirmed that we're missing a guy due to unvaxx?? I thought we were 99.9% vaxxed and the last guy was getting his shot like a month ago...?? 

Yes, that's what I thought too but I'm not sure the question has been asked recently of the team. Or, rather, it probably has but I don't remember seeing it. 

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

No one will pick him up on that contract. He will need to be released.

I still think he retires or restructures to stay in BC. 

BLM to Toronto. - I think a lot depends on the playoffs for CGY. But I think Bo is a stamp next year. 

Maier stays in Calgary. 

Jesus Tinkles stays in Riderville.

Collaros stays here. 

Edmonton will go with Yukon Cornelias and Arbuckle. 

Montreal keeps VA and Trevor "Not the Best" Harris.  - I think Harris has already come out and said that MTL can't keep both of them. So One or the other will be on the move.

Ticats keep Evans. 

RBs get Masoli. 

What if it's Jeffcoat? 🤯

As for the non vaxxed players. Didn't @Mike say the only player of concern would be fully vaxxed by the 5th?

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

did I miss something where it was confirmed that we're missing a guy due to unvaxx?? I thought we were 99.9% vaxxed and the last guy was getting his shot like a month ago...?? 

That was my question, are we at 100%, or is there still a hold out?  If there is a holdout, theories on who it is 😀

The quote from O’Shea a month and a half ago was “we are 98% fully vaccinated, and 99% partially vaccinated”. That would imply two players not fully vaxxed, and one with no shot. Mike intimated that the partially vaxxed player was a star player whose absence would cause some significant roster shifting, and it took some convincing to get them their first shot. Apologies if that is inaccurate, that is what my memory of it is. Who knows what the status is now. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

What if it's Jeffcoat? 🤯

3. Good to see so many Bombers, including Jefferson, helping lead the vaccine-awareness campaign. That list also includes Andrew Harris, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jake Thomas, Pat Neufeld, President and CEO Wade Miller, head coach Mike O’Shea and now new long-snapper Mike Benson, a born-and-bred Winnipegger: