2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/22/stampeders-have-five-or-six-key-players-who-remain-unvaccinated-cant-travel-for-playoffs/

Looks like the Stamps are going to be short a bunch of starters if they make the West Final.

Honestly idk how you even keep guys like that. We will play now but we won't get the vaxx to play when it counts. Gtfoh idc who it is. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I assume whatever pylon they bring in for Clark with be better than him. Maybe a tackling dummy?

They should just bring in the 5 fattest people they can find. Atleast they could take up room and force the pass rusher to go wider around the edge. 

Maybe they should call pop Warner teams and find some ol. Least then they'd get more disciplined players with some heart. 

Edited by wbbfan

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk whats up with agudosi on the suspended list wish one of the reporters would ask about him. 

I texted into the Coach's Show a couple of weeks ago. O'Shea said Agudosi went home to attend to a family matter.

O'Shea said Agudosi is still in the team's plans.

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

fwiw, Riders players dropping like flies today....already missing Kyran Moore from a knee injury suffered vs Montreal, AC Leonard a no-show at practice due to unspecified injury, then newly acquired Duke Williams gets injured and taken down the tunnel, and shortly after that, Dan Clark goes down and can barely walk under his own power..... a shallow depth team gets shallower.....

Duke williams has a hamstring issue.

That is the injury he had with Buffalo in camp. I mean it could be the other leg, but the same leg isn't good, and the other leg going isn't good either. 

43 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Duke williams has a hamstring issue.

That is the injury he had with Buffalo in camp. I mean it could be the other leg, but the same leg isn't good, and the other leg going isn't good either. 

In their last game, when Duke recovered the onside kick....I thought he was gone...but not was caught from behind rather quickly. He looked very slow.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps should just cut those players. What good is it for them to even be on the roster??

Right? They clearly put themselves ahead of the team and if they can't play in the most important game why keep them now? Get players in there who will be there to help when it matters.

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly idk how you even keep guys like that. We will play now but we won't get the vaxx to play when it counts. Gtfoh idc who it is. 

They should just bring in the 5 fattest people they can find. Atleast they could take up room and force the pass rusher to go wider around the edge. 

Maybe they should call pop Warner teams and find some ol. Least then they'd get more disciplined players with some heart. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps should just cut those players. What good is it for them to even be on the roster??

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Right? They clearly put themselves ahead of the team and if they can't play in the most important game why keep them now? Get players in there who will be there to help when it matters.

Let’s not forget that the Bombers have an unvaccinated player NDP one with only one shot, who according to Mike is a “star”. Would you cut Collaros right now if it was him, or Willie J?

32 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lions just signed an American kicker. Not happy with Macho Camacho. Probably should have kept the rights to Castillo.......B)

Castillo chose to opt back into his contract in order to make the trade to Winnipeg happen... not so sure he opts back in to join that mess.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess these selfish players spell team with an "I". 

I don't even know if you can safely say selfish in all cases. Some likely legitimately fear the vaccine and believe conspiracy theories.

The "I trust my own immune system" group - selfish. The conspiracy believing group - dumb.

The players are great athletes, not necessarily the geniuses of society.

Just now, WildPath said:

I don't even know if you can safely say selfish in all cases. Some likely legitimately fear the vaccine and believe conspiracy theories.

The "I trust my own immune system" group - selfish. The conspiracy believing group - dumb.

The players are great athletes, not necessarily the geniuses of society.

Bottom line is get vaxxed or leave. FIFO. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s not forget that the Bombers have an unvaccinated player NDP one with only one shot, who according to Mike is a “star”. Would you cut Collaros right now if it was him, or Willie J?

if they are unable to play in the final or grey cup? Yes. I have no tolerance for people who don't get vaccinated. 

8 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yes, I would say get rid of him. I don't care who he is because he won't be playing in the Western Final. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yes, I would say get rid of him. I don't care who he is because he won't be playing in the Western Final. 

Actually they would play on the West final. The vaccine mandate is only about travel for the CFL, so since it is a home game they would be allowed to play. It would only affect the Grey Cup. 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Actually they would play on the West final. The vaccine mandate is only about travel for the CFL, so since it is a home game they would be allowed to play. It would only affect the Grey Cup. 

Not if SpeedFlex was the coach they wouldn't be I think is his point. If they can't play when it matters they won't play at all.

26 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

For the sake of discussion here, if Zach can't play in the GC because he's unvaccinated (which I understand he is vaxxed) then I don't want him. Why would I want Collaros in the West Final & McGuire in the Grey Cup? We saw that Dog & Pony Show before in the Grey Cup with Ryan Dinwiddie after Kevin Glenn broke his arm in the East Final. No thanks. 

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Two entirely different conversations... One guy on the DNP list may be a long term project...

The Stamps are dealing with several starters unable to play in the playoffs... Which is a much bigger problem for them.

End of the day though... All of the above should get vaccinated... It is just the responsible thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Two entirely different conversations... One guy on the DNP list may be a long term project...

The Stamps are dealing with several starters unable to play in the playoffs... Which is a much bigger problem for them.

End of the day though... All of the above should get vaccinated... It is just the responsible thing to do.

Sorry that should have read “and” and not “NDP” (stupid autocorrect a clearly I have spent too much time in the Politics thread). I have no idea who the players are and what their current playing status is. I agree that all should vaccinate for their and their teammates’ safety. 

And the conversation is often different when it is our team vs another team on the same issue.