2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

I wouldn't say no to Devonte Dedmon and they've got one DB that's not bad (blanking right now...) but other than that.............

I thought this was the crapping all over arrogant  Desjardins thread? After those expansion draft comments this whole situation looks great on him.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

No coach can win when they have to start 5 or is it 6 different starting QB's. I'd give PLAP another year to sort things out.

Agreed, but I do not think that will save his butt after next year. Whatever it takes to be a successful HC, he ain't got it.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think mac leaves. The schedule and flexibility is most important to him from what I understand. Goveia though, yeah I think thats pretty likely. Unless for some reason they give plop the GM title too lol. 

Didn’t Goveia decline the Als GM position last season? Tough to imagine someone turning down Montreal only to take on the mess in Ottawa. 

I suspect he may be in the running for the far more desirable Lk’s position after Sunderland gets heaved. He will also get to pick his own HC because Elizondo ain’t gonna last either. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Good lord I don’t particularly like or respect Donald Trump but it’s crazy how obsessed people are with him and always bringing him into conversation. As John Stewart said on CNN time to let him go he’s living rent free. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Didn’t Goveia decline the Als GM position last season? Tough to imagine someone turning down Montreal only to take on the mess in Ottawa. 

I suspect he may be in the running for the far more desirable Lk’s position after Sunderland gets heaved. He will also get to pick his own HC because Elizondo ain’t gonna last either. 

I believe thats the case yes, and I dont blame him for declining that option. They were a potential 1 hit wonder with unstable ownership at that point. If I was him I wouldnt take that job either. Ottawa is worse, but at the same time its low expectations. He'd get a chance to build his own team, and coaching staff, and get a good amount of time to make it work. 

Honestly Id take the RBs over the elks job. The RBs suck out loud. But atleast it isnt a toxic cesspool in the middle of antivaxx outbreak land. 

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd take Avery in a heartbeat, 

Taryn christion is a guy worth developing. They have a couple guys on D worth a look, Obviously leone and ward are valuable. Mulumba is a decent teams depth / developmental NI. Auclair is even better. Delance looks like he belongs in the league. Id take petey back in a heart beat. Behar, coombs, davis, and harris Id take in a heart beat. Coombs and behar would back up woli in a n instant. Id take davis and harris over darvin at this point. Devonte dedmon? Yep, id take him too. 

Id take more guys from ottawa than from the riders right now tbh. Of course some of those guys might not fit FIFO, but I cant really speak to that on either end. And any wr that plays for this bomber team has to be willing to give 100% to their blocking. 

Edited by wbbfan

2 hours ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

I like that Brandon Alexander force on Reilly that caused him to throw up the ball for the Jefferson INT.  The BC running back doesn't even try to block Alexander because he doesn't even see him, he's into the backfield so fast.  That's a play you don't see very often.

37 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I like that Brandon Alexander force on Reilly that caused him to throw up the ball for the Jefferson INT.  The BC running back doesn't even try to block Alexander because he doesn't even see him, he's into the backfield so fast.  That's a play you don't see very often.

BA's had a number of those this season.... he's so good at timing the snap.

There was one where he forced a fumble getting to the QB before he was able to finish handing off the ball in a shotgun-handoff.