2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

The lapo love in interesting.  He was a boring coach who thought he was the smartest guy in the room. He has a hand in how bad Ottawa is.  Eventually u realize after 3 or 4 head gigs... he's not a leader tho 

Some guys are good prep cooks and not good chefs.. to me lapo is that.. a good prep cook or coordinator but a bad chef aka coach. Lapo just doesn't inspire.  

Edited by Goalie

Lapo might be humble outside football but as a coach he is extremely arrogant. Remember how much he talked about needing to have more input into the players on offence? Think about how nothing ever changes... it's his offense and if you don't fit then you won't make plays. 

Some people might consider it simply being poor coaching but it is really the arrogance. He KNOWS that he is the smartest guy there. He might not be brash and in your face about it, but the arrogance is real nonetheless 

I would argue to be a coach or head coach you need to have confidence bordering on arrogance. Osh is humble yes but a bit smug at times. Difference is osh dominated playing in the league and is winning.  Lapo never played CFL ball... I feel he thinks he's just smarter than everyone else. Why? Dunno. Vibes I guess  

What is arrogance as a coach cuz Bill Belichek is and Winner. 

If coaches are arrogant and us fans talk **** online about them... what does that make us? Ass holes? 

Edited by Goalie

What a mess in Ottawa.....as for the next GM, Herb Zurkowski in Montreal is beating the drum for Duane Forde. As good as DF might be one day, you don't take a pure rookie GM with zero front office experience and hand him this mess. They need an experienced hand on the rudder. If you're going to take someone from TSN, it's likely Barker...

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What a mess in Ottawa.....as for the next GM, Herb Zurkowski in Montreal is beating the drum for Duane Forde. As good as DF might be one day, you don't take a pure rookie GM with zero front office experience and hand him this mess. They need an experienced hand on the rudder. If you're going to take someone from TSN, it's likely Barker...

Yeah I think director of Canadian scouting is more realistic to start with. I wouldn't put him ahead of dyce or Ted here. 

Might be better if he worked for the league even. 

34 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Jim Barker, Eric Tillman (currently with Atlantic Schooners) and Brendan Taman (currently with the Als) might get a look. 
Among those 3, Taman might have a good chance to retain Lapo. 

Feel sorry for Paul.....Things don't look good for him right now..especially if a new gm wants his guy....He could dump the crappy season on Desjardins I guess....but that might not keep him around....Name of the game is win.....and he didn't

Edited by Stickem

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Feel sorry for Paul.....Things don't look good for him right now..especially if a new gm wan't his guy....He could dump the crappy season on Desjardins I guess....but that might not keep him around....Name of the game is win.....and he didn't

Unless of course, RedBlack wants a GM that will keep Lapo, which they do... and that limits their pool of available GM candidates. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

On 2021-10-21 at 5:26 PM, Noeller said:

It's cool that Doug Flutie is a humble guy and all, but c'mon now............

Come on is right. Flutie was a magician. So agile. So smart. Bo can throw to open receivers. But not under pressure. Flutie would disappear under pressure and reappear for a first down. 

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but true in spirit. 

11 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Come on is right. Flutie was a magician. So agile. So smart. Bo can throw to open receivers. But not under pressure. Flutie would disappear under pressure and reappear for a first down. 

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but true in spirit. 

Football smart, I guess. 

Otherwise?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/577052-tom-glavine-doug-flutie-to-join-trump-for-herschel-walker-event

Just now, Wideleft said:

This is not a mensa board thank god. Of course I meant football smart. I didn't know the politics stuff and will leave that to the side.