2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's hard to understand the state of denial the Riders Dickenson is in RE penalties.

Penalties:

-Cost you field position

-Keep your defense on the field

-Take your offense off the field

These outcomes take points off the board for your team and set the other team up to score points.  They only contribute to losing, if you win you've overcome these deficits and you probably aren't facing an equal opponent or your opponent has also hurt themselves with penalties and turnovers. 

Its called "grasping at straws"

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ottawa outcoached in Hamilton (& 11 other thoughts on losing to the Ticats) | 3DownNation

Hey look, people other than Bomber fans are finally seeing what weve all seen for years.....

Yeah, Lapolice isn't going to develop a QB.  He never has going on 3 decades.  The fact he started this season with Nichols-Davis proves that he has no interest in it.  Ottawa is done this season.  They need to let Evans play and make mistakes to learn.  The yo-yo stuff is just stupid.  Playing a new QB every week.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah, Lapolice isn't going to develop a QB.  He never has going on 3 decades.  The fact he started this season with Nichols-Davis proves that he has no interest in it.  Ottawa is done this season.  They need to let Evans play and make mistakes to learn.  The yo-yo stuff is just stupid.  Playing a new QB every week.

If Lapo wants to be successful as HC, he needs an OC. He can help formulate the offensive gameplan for the week but let the OC call the plays.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Leopards can't change their spots. 

Agree. Given his failure on his first gig as HC and seeing for the previous years how O’Shea run things, I thought he would be successful this time around. But not. Though not 100% the blame is on his. Desjardins should carry most of the blame because of the lack of talent on this team.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

LaPolice seems like a decent enough person but he appears to be very limited in his adaptability. He keeps using the same approaches again and again even though it is obvious they are not working well. 

Yep. I think he's a decent player coach too.  But man he's not good at making the best of his weapons. 

Here’s something I found pretty interesting:

With Winnipeg clinching the west division last night, it gives us 3 different top seeds in 3 seasons (Calgary ‘18, Sask ‘19, Winnipeg ‘21)

The last time that happened was ten years ago (Sask 09, Calgary ‘10, BC ‘11)

That is an absolutely bizarre stat. Between 2012-2018, Calgary won the division 5 times, BC once, and Edmonton once.

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

LaPolice seems like a decent enough person but he appears to be very limited in his adaptability. He keeps using the same approaches again and again even though it is obvious they are not working well. 

Saturday's game was vintage LaPo. Putting both his qbs into situations where they couldn't win. Inexplicable play calls. Little or no support from the bench. Duck Hodges is not a short yardage qb. So, why even put him in that situation? Evans should be doing short yardage. Evans looks like he could be a pretty good qb if he is developed properly. At times, he was flailing away on the field like a drowning man crying for help. Instead of throwing him a life preserver, LaPo threw him a rock. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Expect Danny Mac and/or Ted Goveia to get an interview on that opening. If any of them gets the job Lapo’s job might be safe. 

I dont think mac leaves. The schedule and flexibility is most important to him from what I understand. Goveia though, yeah I think thats pretty likely. Unless for some reason they give plop the GM title too lol.