2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Insider Talk is a weekly feature on 3DownNation that features anonymous quotes from people around the CFL — players, coaches, personnel people, executives, and agents — regarding the latest news around the league.

I know that’s what they say, but if it is true then their hot takes and insights are nothing special. Montreal has a QB who they could trade for good value, Winnipeg is the best team right now, Mourtada can’t make field goals, If Ottawa traded Ward they should seek a high price? Nothing but opinion that I would see on this site (and presumably others) on any given day. 

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I know that’s what they say, but if it is true then their hot takes and insights are nothing special. Montreal has a QB who they could trade for good value, Winnipeg is the best team right now, Mourtada can’t make field goals, If Ottawa traded Ward they should seek a high price? Nothing but opinion that I would see on this site (and presumably others) on any given day. 

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season. - Hugo Drax

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Mike O'Shea tells the media that 99 percent of the team is partially vaccinated and 98 percent of the team is fully vaccinated.#Bombers | #ForTheW | #Winnipeg | #CFL

Wonder who the holdout is?

This is an interesting quesiton. Im hoping its some one who is on the PR and who wont be traveling or playing in the play offs either way. 

14 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Mike O'Shea tells the media that 99 percent of the team is partially vaccinated and 98 percent of the team is fully vaccinated.#Bombers | #ForTheW | #Winnipeg | #CFL

Wonder who the holdout is?

If I had to bet, I would assume it's likely a PR guy. Or someone who doesn't get a lot of playing time...if any. FIFO and all.

27 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season. - Hugo Drax

You got me. I’m James Bond. 
be51b52e39fee7012414c78bcc040a40.jpg

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He was still trying to land a job in the NFL very recently so i would assume he is vaccinated, as not being would make it that much harder.

Maybe, but there are a bunch of non-vaxxed NFL players and as far as I know no mandate.

Just spitballin’ with my guess. Could be anyone, But if it is someone currently on the team who has been here a while, they would have a pretty isolated life if not vaccinated, given the passport requirements to get into most public places, including IG Field. 

So the XFL has been having some meetings with no news breaking which has had me thinking. They just parted ways with their former president, who was supposed to stay on. I think itll be interesting to see when news does break from them.

When the talks broke off with the cfl, the XFL announced they would try to come back in 2022, with some people currently speculating 2023 is more realistic. The USFL scooped the XFLs fox tv spot, but fox is investing 150m to the usfl over the first 3 years. I suspect the XFL will need to partner with either the USFL or the CFL to get any traction. Building roster, front offices, coaching staffs and support crews is very intensive and some positions like experienced scouts and pro head coaches are kind of limited. If they arent partnering with the CFL, I could see them making an announcement around and before the grey cup game.  Especially if their announcement is a partnership with the USFL. If they make an announcement and start making official moves after the grey cup, I think its likely that they return to the table and establish some sort of CBA and partnership. Even if its just access to players coaches etc or even shared advertisement fluff stuff. 

With out a president, or much of any football minds involved they are pretty destabilized for a spring league aiming for a 2022 launch. Making 1 big announcement with a new president, some football types and maybe another media type would be a big step towards starting again. (before probably folding yet again after 1 year) 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

He was still trying to land a job in the NFL very recently so i would assume he is vaccinated, as not being would make it that much harder.

It looked like from his twitter that he is vaxxed. Also I dont see any chance the bombers would trade for him and bring him up if he wasnt vaxxed and wouldnt be play off  / gc eligible. 

Just now, Noeller said:

On the contrary, I would think that if it was a relatively unimportant player, they'd be gone by now. I wonder if it's one of the more important players that outright refused the jab. Too important to just cut....

This is possible, fifo you would think would have a PR guy sent packing. Unless, its a guy on the 6 game who wont be back this year, like crapinga or maston. Both of whom I believe are recovering at home.

Or, it could be Carlton agudosi. Last week (iirc) he was moved from the PR, to the suspended list. We never heard why that happened. Could be he informed the team he didnt intend to get vaccinated and he was put on the suspended list. Maybe they wanted to activate him for the game too, but he wasnt vaxxed and the bombers werent willing to do the full hassle of the isolated room bringing him food etc.