2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Supposedly 100% according to MOS in late August.

There was a story in the Freep after the first bye week (Sept 27) that 98% of the team had at least one dose and 88% were double.

So we are probably at least at 98% or will be within the next week. Hopefully the remaining 2% have gotten it because you are not getting paid in the playoffs, travelling or not, if you aren't vaccinated.

Edited by Geebrr

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There was a story in the Freep after the first bye week (Sept 27) that 98% of the team had at least one dose and 88% were double.

So we are probably at least at 98% or will be within the next week. Hopefully the remaining 3% have gotten it because you are not getting paid in the playoffs, travelling or not, if you aren't vaccinated.

That 2-3 percent would only be 2 or 3 people as well.  If you're basically the only guy on the team not Vaxxed, that's not a good look.

17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So we are probably at least at 98% or will be within the next week. Hopefully the remaining 3% have gotten it because you are not getting paid in the playoffs, travelling or not, if you aren't vaccinated.

Thanks. Hopefully the remaining ones would now get it (should be just enough time now before the west final and cup), or at least is nobody too important.

6 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

His tweet about how much he has sacrificed as a family man and how much he has sacrificed to the people of Edmonton to win a GC and how many people have supported him with his beliefs, gag. It all makes much more sense now with his ridiculous flex's. Look how much I sacrificed to get this three yard gain. Flex. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Someone pointed out, that when it came to BLM etc he didnt have any issues with politics being in sports....can also add the Truth and reconciliation events (warm up jerseys), the Diversity matters campaign and land acknowledgements before games. Funny how politics are a problem NOW.

For the record I'm all for the kneeling etc.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Vaccine status isn't politics it is a public health issue. 

I agree...though it being a mandate from the government blurs that line a bit. Wilder said something like "...because we brought politics into our sport..." like it was something new. I was just pointing out all the other times politics has been a part of it and he never had any issues then.

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree...though it being a mandate from the government blurs that line a bit. Wilder said something like "...because we brought politics into our sport..." like it was something new. I was just pointing out all the other times politics has been a part of it and he never had any issues then.

And I am just clarifying that despite what these morons think it's not politics, it's public health and safety measures. Seat belts aren't political but they are also a mandate from governments. 

Edited by 17to85

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

So we are probably at least at 98% or will be within the next week. Hopefully the remaining 2% have gotten it because you are not getting paid in the playoffs, travelling or not, if you aren't vaccinated.

Yup free to choose anything but not free of it's consequences good, bad or indifferent.

this is always fun: 
https://3downnation.com/2021/10/20/insider-talk-montreals-trade-capital-torontos-rising-receiver-lawlers-breakout-season/

I’m not surprised that Kenny Lawler has played so well this season. He didn’t see the ball a lot in 2019 because of scheme but he really looked great on film. He was bound to produce at a higher level.

Winnipeg is still head and shoulders above everyone else. Nobody will beat them straight-up. If they lose again it’ll be because they beat themselves. Zach Collaros is playing great and they’ve got the best offensive and defensive lines in the league by a large margin — a really large margin.

When (Mike) O’Shea says (Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ kicker Ali) Mourtada hits the same ball every time he’s not wrong: it’s always outside the posts.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is always fun: 
https://3downnation.com/2021/10/20/insider-talk-montreals-trade-capital-torontos-rising-receiver-lawlers-breakout-season/

I’m not surprised that Kenny Lawler has played so well this season. He didn’t see the ball a lot in 2019 because of scheme but he really looked great on film. He was bound to produce at a higher level.

Winnipeg is still head and shoulders above everyone else. Nobody will beat them straight-up. If they lose again it’ll be because they beat themselves. Zach Collaros is playing great and they’ve got the best offensive and defensive lines in the league by a large margin — a really large margin.

When (Mike) O’Shea says (Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ kicker Ali) Mourtada hits the same ball every time he’s not wrong: it’s always outside the posts.

Yeah, I can eat these up like salted peanuts. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is always fun: 

Why do I always get the feeling reading these comments that the “insiders” are just random fans on various team sites or beat writers whose wisecracks or observations were deemed the best fodder for posting on 3down?