2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

One down, one to go. 

This is obviously tied to his work with the NBA and the start of the season. TSN cares little about the CFL. 

I dont mind him nearly as much in basketball. Enthusiasm takes you a lot further in the frenetic back and forth sports than in the cfl. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Just to hit other teams right in the nads even more than we do when we play them, we should make a play to land Arbuckle. 🙂

With my respect given to Sean McGuire, a Collaros Arbuckle tandem would look pretty nice. 

Not going to happen but oh that would be sweet. 

I wouldnt give up much of an asset for arbuckle. I dont see him being able to start cold and win a play off game so I dont see a lot of point in it. Especially considering that in the off season we will need to shave some dollars. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Trade our 1st rounder (likely 9th overall) to get him
then trade him to any of MTL, OTT and EDM 1st rounder (which is likely higher than ours)  :D

Just kidding

It may just be a joke, but we could be a secret middle man for an eastern team to get him at a cheaper price and still get a bit of value our self. Like what toronto did to get us glenn back in the day. 

If I was TO I wouldnt trade him to MTL or Ham for less than an impact starter. 

I would actually do some thing based around Gray to toronto, arbuckle to montreal, david cote to us. Id want more back giving up gray, and at this point with yoshi banged up I dont think itd happen. 

23 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Toronto Argos quarterback Nick Arbuckle subject of trade discussions

The Argos are open to dealing from a position of strength but aren’t going to giveaway an asset like Arbuckle to a rival. Toronto is currently first in the East Division at 6-3, two games ahead of the Als and Tiger-Cats with five left to play.

Is there something up with Arbuckle? Ottawa had him, didn't want to re-sign him....now TO looking at trading him, even though their QBing has been suspect. Seems odd that you'd consider trading away a "starting" quality back up QB when you're in a tight race near the end of the year....? 

Rod Black is a pro, and has mad respect from colleagues across the networks in this country. Really curious where his next gig is. While I wasn't necessarily a huge fan of his CFL calls, there are a lot of people who do like him on PBP for various things. His next gig is likely his last one before retirement, so I'm sure he didn't make the choice lightly. Congrats to him on a great run with CFL...

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Sudden to us but in the works for a while? 

Weird timing.  Just on Monday he was talking about how great the Thanksgiving turkey was that he and Forde were eating during the Montreal game.  And now he's just gone?  What?  In the middle of the season?

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Weird timing.  Just on Monday he was talking about how great the Thanksgiving turkey was that he and Forde were eating during the Montreal game.  And now he's just gone?  What?  In the middle of the season?

Fired, it sounds like. I don't think TSN factors the CFL into these decisions, only the NBA broadcasts. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Fired, it sounds like. I don't think TSN factors the CFL into these decisions, only the NBA broadcasts. 

well if this leads to Chris Cuthbert coming back I'm all in.  TSN is shedding people like crazy.  What happened to O'Toole?  Onrait just looks lost now without his buddy.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

well if this leads to Chris Cuthbert coming back I'm all in.  TSN is shedding people like crazy.  What happened to O'Toole?  Onrait just looks lost now without his buddy.

Cuthbert left to do NHL, including playoffs, at Sportsnet. He's not coming back, unfortunately. 

O'Toole is unemployed. So, if you have work for him, I bet he would be appreciative. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I dont mind him nearly as much in basketball. Enthusiasm takes you a lot further in the frenetic back and forth sports than in the cfl. 

I wouldnt give up much of an asset for arbuckle. I dont see him being able to start cold and win a play off game so I dont see a lot of point in it. Especially considering that in the off season we will need to shave some dollars. 

It may just be a joke, but we could be a secret middle man for an eastern team to get him at a cheaper price and still get a bit of value our self. Like what toronto did to get us glenn back in the day. 

If I was TO I wouldnt trade him to MTL or Ham for less than an impact starter. 

I would actually do some thing based around Gray to toronto, arbuckle to montreal, david cote to us. Id want more back giving up gray, and at this point with yoshi banged up I dont think itd happen. 

Arbuckle won’t go back to Ottawa because of his contract dispute with Desjardins. So we give up a first rounder for Arbuckle, flip him to Montreal, they send Adams Jr to Ottawa (plus other compensation to be determined if his injury is long-standing) and Ottawa sends us Lewis Ward. Easy peasy. 

https://leaderpost.com/opinion/opinion-in-canada-a-cfl-malaise-symbolizes-a-nation-thats-lost-its-mojo

What a terrible article. Wow, I mean an all time stinker. 

"On a warm Sunday afternoon in early September, the 2021 game was played in Regina’s beautiful new Mosaic Stadium , one of North America’s best venues."

It goes on to say the rider fan base is the perfect mix of diversity, from gender to race. It paints a picture of the league and country falling apart as the riders lost. As if "canadas team" and their false hope held the league and country together. And it just drones on and on and on. 

really curious who's calling the GC. I assume it'll be Rod Smith due to seniority...and he's a solid game caller. But prior to RB leaving, he would have been the guy with seniority, and frequently called the radio broadcast of the game. Now it's a lot more wide open. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

https://leaderpost.com/opinion/opinion-in-canada-a-cfl-malaise-symbolizes-a-nation-thats-lost-its-mojo

"On a warm Sunday afternoon in early September, the 2021 game was played in Regina’s beautiful new Mosaic Stadium , one of North America’s best venues."

It goes on to say the rider fan base is the perfect mix of diversity, from gender to race. It paints a picture of the league and country falling apart as the riders lost. As if "canadas team" and their false hope held the league and country together. And it just drones on and on and on. 

What an absolutely idiotic article. And a strange analogy, to be sure.

Also: since when is IGF West one of the "best venues" on this continent?

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They are ******* up their own ass and delusional.

Exhausting 

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I don't wanna go there but Saskatchewan is the whitest province I've ever been to. I just say that because to me CFL is about diversity and ppl of all backgrounds races colors whatever else. When I think CFL... and diversity... the province of Saskatchewan isn't first that comes to mind. Mosaic prob is the nicest CFL stadium tho. BC place likely better but Mosaic was built for CFL. It's pretty nice. Concourses bigger also 

Continent? Yeah... not in the top 10 or 50 probably but I'd rank mosaic higher than IGF... 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't wanna go there but Saskatchewan is the whitest province I've ever been to. 

And here I thought they were green....In any event the article is so kiss arse and full of schmooze it gives one a nauseas feeling.....They must need some tire pumping over there, after their team has fallen flat on their  a$$....

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

QFT. Any one who thinks igf west is in the top 50 football venues in north america has never seen any d1 or big HS game down south. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

1. That article is terrible.

2. Not a Rod Black fan but hopefully he is moving on to something better and not getting let go.

I cant imagine they are letting him go. he's pretty well liked in basketball, and the old people sports. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I don't wanna go there but Saskatchewan is the whitest province I've ever been to. I just say that because to me CFL is about diversity and ppl of all backgrounds races colors whatever else. When I think CFL... and diversity... the province of Saskatchewan isn't first that comes to mind. Mosaic prob is the nicest CFL stadium tho. BC place likely better but Mosaic was built for CFL. It's pretty nice. Concourses bigger also 

100%. The only diversity balance I noticed in the stands at the LDC was the amount of gingers to none gingers. Lets also not forget that Coach hall openly claimed ssk as the most racist place he's ever coached. Lets keep in mind he spent most of his career in edmonton, and was born in south texas in 1960. 

Is IGF west one of the nicer stadiums in the cfl? Sure, for a toilet bowl shaped venue its in the top tier. But its also one of 2 stadiums in canada built for the CFL only.