2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Because kenney knows he needs them to win. You can't win alberta just with the rural ridings and Edmonton leans pretty left so you gotta get rural plus calgary to get your majority and kenney can't seem to find the tightrope to walk to keep both sides happy.

He's going to lose more than a few seats in Calgary. Rural voters hate him & urban ones too. In Calgary & Edmonton.

17 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Other players will be due for a new look at their salaries. Bighill took a huge Covid haircut and will be due for a well deserved raise.

I would think biggie and Jefferson likely move on and retire sooner than later 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I would think biggie and Jefferson likely move on and retire sooner than later 

A reminder that Bighill and Jefferson stayed with the Bombers for less money.   Plus Bighill has his "other" job in town which I assume pays him a nice bonus to stay in Winnipeg.   

I'd say guys like Jeffcoat will be hard to keep. 

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

According to 3D Nation, Collaros makes about 400k and BLM and MR amke about 500K, not sure its a huge raise to keep him.

Reilly got the crazy money though. 700k a year. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Someone will pay Jeffcoat...and he's earned it. 

he's 30 and just coming into his peak. Id love to see him stay though.

Some thing will have to give in the off season. Its probably going to be walters hardest with respect to the cap and salary decisions. Lawler will want a good raise if he isnt NFL bound. Biggie will need a raise again. Richardson probably in line for a raise. BA. 

Retirement or a new gig? Seems like the latter but it's hard to be sure based on how seemingly sudden this announcement is.

https://www.tsn.ca/sportscaster-rod-black-signs-off-from-tsn-1.1706343

TORONTO, October 14, 2021 – TSN announced today that prominent sportscaster Rod Black is signing off from the network. The voice of CFL ON TSN and host of NBA ON TSN concludes a remarkable career with Bell Media after over 30 years.

“I’ve been a broadcaster for almost 40 years, with over 30 of those spent with the Bell Media family, and have had a front row seat to some of the most magical moments in sport,” said Black. “I’ve had the chance to travel the world, but more importantly I’ve been able to cover this country from coast-to-coast-to-coast. I will miss the network, and particularly those who have sat beside me and worked with me during all of the incredible events we’ve covered. I can’t extend my thanks enough to all those who’ve been part of this journey. I’m so excited for the next chapter, which will be the most exciting chapter of all.”

Black’s broadcasting career spans almost 40 years, and during that time he has been involved in a multitude of events and competitions. His knowledge, versatility, and enthusiasm have earned him the reputation as one of Canada’s most recognized and distinguished sportscasters.

For the complete release, click here.

Edited by blue_gold_84
content added

Just now, wbbfan said:

Thats pretty good for the CFL on tsn tbh. Just gotta get rid of suitor now. 

One down, one to go. 

This is obviously tied to his work with the NBA and the start of the season. TSN cares little about the CFL. 

Edited by JCon

Toronto Argos quarterback Nick Arbuckle subject of trade discussions

The Argos are open to dealing from a position of strength but aren’t going to giveaway an asset like Arbuckle to a rival. Toronto is currently first in the East Division at 6-3, two games ahead of the Als and Tiger-Cats with five left to play.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Toronto Argos quarterback Nick Arbuckle subject of trade discussions

The Argos are open to dealing from a position of strength but aren’t going to giveaway an asset like Arbuckle to a rival. Toronto is currently first in the East Division at 6-3, two games ahead of the Als and Tiger-Cats with five left to play.

Just to hit other teams right in the nads even more than we do when we play them, we should make a play to land Arbuckle. 🙂

With my respect given to Sean McGuire, a Collaros Arbuckle tandem would look pretty nice. 

Not going to happen but oh that would be sweet. 

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just to hit other teams right in the nads even more than we do when we play them, we should make a play to land Arbuckle. 🙂

With my respect given to Sean McGuire, a Collaros Arbuckle tandem would look pretty nice. 

Not going to happen but oh that would be sweet. 

Trade our 1st rounder (likely 9th overall) to get him
then trade him to any of MTL, OTT and EDM 1st rounder (which is likely higher than ours)  :D

Just kidding

Edited by M.O.A.B.