2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Oi vey. 

Not all Albertans are like that. Should we judge all Manitobans because of idiots from Steinbach & Winkler?

Absolutely. When you have a conservative political dynasty and wannabe Texans in Canada they 100% deserve our judgement. They need to be better. The province of Alberta is sub 66% of fully vaccinated. 

It's an absolute joke and they should be judged. No doubt. Give them an inch and they'll take a foot for selfish FrEeDumZ. They've proven that with their ridiculous "reopen for summer alberta 2021" or whatever the **** plan

Edited by Dr Zaius

49 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Absolutely. When you have a conservative political dynasty and wannabe Texans in Canada they 100% deserve our judgement. They need to be better. The province of Alberta is sub 66% of fully vaccinated. 

It's an absolute joke and they should be judged. No doubt. Give them an inch and they'll take a foot for selfish FrEeDumZ. They've proven that with their ridiculous "reopen for summer alberta 2021" or whatever the **** plan

Politics has trumped (appropriate reference) science and common sense in many places, including a lot of Albertans and Saskatchewanites. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not all Albertans are like that. Should we judge all Manitobans because of idiots from Steinbach & Winkler?

Not an apt comparison. The southern MB morons are a relatively small minority. The redneck ******* Albertans are an overwhelming majority. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Not an apt comparison. The southern MB morons are a relatively small minority. The redneck ******* Albertans are an overwhelming majority. 

In steinbach things are slowly trending a bit more left, about 1/3 of votes went to ndp/libs. The SE is home to a hyper vocal minority of religious right wing extremists though. The deep south, winkler/morden etc are still pretty entrenched. But luckily on the whole the province is much more progressive. Having lived in both these areas I sure wouldnt want to be painted with the same brush. 

Alberta is like the area around those cities. Mostly people are pretty neutral and quiet. But sadly that just lets the wing nuts have their way. But then I dont think its fair to generalize and paint groups in mass. By that notion all of canada could be painted pretty poorly with respect to a lot of native issues. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We both live here & know it's a vocal minority of assholes... Kenney is scared shitless of them, though. 

Because kenney knows he needs them to win. You can't win alberta just with the rural ridings and Edmonton leans pretty left so you gotta get rural plus calgary to get your majority and kenney can't seem to find the tightrope to walk to keep both sides happy.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Based on his overall play and inconsistency I'm having a hard time figuring out where he fits at all.

Post of the day. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Man, you have to wonder what the Redblacks would look like if they had just kept Arbuckle.

They were the easiest team to beat in modern history before they went to caleb. Imagine the beat down they wouldve put on the ELK if they had arbuckle. 

Just now, Noeller said:

imagine going all in on Macleod Bethel Thompson........

Or vaj, fajardo, nichols, and BLM this year. Year of the qbs it is not. 

I really think TO will look to make a splash and get atleast harris (i know un vaxxed troglodyte, off season for him) Masoli/evans, reilly if bc falls to peices, or worst of all Collaros in the off season. 

Zach signed a 2 year deal in 20, and the deal was restructured prior to this season which generally means its just for the rest of the season. Some thing that hasn't been talked about is if zach wins mop, and or another GC here, he would become the hottest CFL FA in recent history. 

Im sure the bombers would have a huge edge in retaining him, but Im also sure TO, ott, edm, and mtl would try hard to wine and dine him. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Arbuckle to Montreal is interesting. What's the cost, a first or more?

I bet itd be much the same as collaros deal. 4th ish round pick, + a first if he signs an extension. To might try to hold the als feet to the fire for more but I dont see a bunch of starters moving around. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I don't think I would see Collaros leaving Winnipeg easily. The place that rejuvenated his career, got a championship (maybe more than one?) and let's him play behind a top OL... Lotta reasons to stay here. 

Only way Zack leaves here is if we don't sign him again....both sides right now know where their bread is buttered...to be honest....without that trade happening last year who knows where or what might have happened to Zack's career this year...he was assumed as damaged goods in 2019, and could have been playing in T.O before trade....but wasnt

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Only way Zack leaves here is if we don't sign him again....both sides right now know where their bread is buttered...to be honest....without that trade happening last year who knows where or what might have happened to Zack's career this year...he was assumed as damaged goods in 2019, and could have been playing in T.O before trade....but wasnt

Collaros and his life insurance agent  already know what would happen to him playing behind a bad O-line. He hasn't had to pick himself up very often since arriving here.

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Collaros and his life insurance agent  already know what would happen to him playing behind a bad O-line. He hasn't had to pick himself up very often since arriving here.

yeah...in the 13 games played....I hardly can think of him getting pulverized hard once, let alone have a game where he takes multiple shots or sacks....heck we have only gave up 9 all year.

He must have some kind of comfort level back there and it shows

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I don't think I would see Collaros leaving Winnipeg easily. The place that rejuvenated his career, got a championship (maybe more than one?) and let's him play behind a top OL... Lotta reasons to stay here. 

Bombers better be prepared to almost double his salary, if he wins his second cup he might want to be paid in the same range of Reilly and BLM.