2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What a weird season 2019 was. Chris Matthews gets stabbed, Nichols goes down, Harris gets suspended, the  meltdown in TO, the snow storm game, Gaitor leaving/kicked off the team, Collaros coming in. 

And that was just the regular season

All's well that ends well, to quote the Bard of Avon (no connection to cosmetics)

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

What a weird season 2019 was. Chris Matthews gets stabbed, Nichols goes down, Harris gets suspended, the  meltdown in TO, the snow storm game, Gaitor leaving/kicked off the team, Collaros coming in. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Dude you forgot one of the weirdest things... We surrendered 21 points unanswered to MTL and choked the game away.... And clinched a playoff berth doing so. 

Qft. It was one of the wildest championship runs ever. What a ride. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I use the Agree and Disagree a lot. Can't be more succinct than that and I think the Bombers are the best team in the league. Can't be more positive than that. If you want to go back (I can't be bothered), you'll see examples of both in the last week. To be clear... won't.

Thanks for the response,  I appreciate it. 

I guess that's the thing.  You see what other teams and you say "good move" "nice addition" or what ever with out the temperance of "but", "yet" or anything else... 

Yet with the Bombers, it's always a compliment with the "but, yet" or whatever else... I think you're the Blue Bomber's hard to please father or Tiger dad. And that's a good thing,  it means you care a **** tonne about the Bombers and hold them to a higher standard. 

Well, that's my impression. 

T"iger Dad" Burgess

😁

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Williams needs a certain type of QB to be successful. In Edmonton he had Reilly, who probably throws the most accurate deep ball in the league, or did at the time anyway. He was able to pinpoint back shoulder throws and comeback routes that allowed Duke to use his size to gain a big advantage. Duke is not a burner, or a receiver who even necessarily gets open on the long ball. Ball placement is paramount to his success on deep routes and that is not Cody Vaj's strong suit. 

One of the huge differences I see between Cody Faj 2019 and this year is that defences are keeping him in the pocket more and not letting him extend plays with his legs. Maas seems to be happy with turning him into a pocket passer and he loses everything that was dangerous about him because he is at best an average pocket passer.

I'm just waiting for that reverse pivot & somebody pancakes him. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Why do all these things happening feel like it was 20 years ago? Man Covid-19 has certainly distorted time in a weird way!

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah but didn't you hear? It's the receivers fault. Faj is perfect! He's basically Jesus!

The few games that I have watched with the Riders is that they did have pass drops... but those were mostly 2nd down throws that were 5 - 10 yards deep only.    All of the deep throws that I've seen were terribly inaccurate.  

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Every attempt of 20+ yards for Fajardo.
Yeah, put all your hopes on Duke and keep on chucking 'em Fajardo!

I keep looking at this chart and it keeps looking worse and worse. Man I was worried I was getting a little too hard on his down field ability, apparently no, I was 100% correct the whole time 

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I keep looking at this chart and it keeps looking worse and worse. Man I was worried I was getting a little too hard on his down field ability, apparently no, I was 100% correct the whole time 

They are who we said they were!! Don't ever doubt that. Faj especially is exactly who we know he is.... Career third stringer, Nealon Greene Wannabe... 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I've been saying it for 2 yrs...if he has to make throws...5 yards past Los he is horrible...hence career backup

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't think Duke Williams won't make the Sask deep ball game a lot better. Williams height & jumping ability make him a matchup nightmare.

He's only 6'3...and he's not overly fast...as a wr he kind of a slug.

Definitely is talent but hasn't played here in a while and like others said...u need a ball thrown that's catcheable for a 50/50 and that's the issue...not the guys trying to catch. And hanging your vertical games hopes and dreams on 50/50 balls is not a recipe for success...and maybe he still has the hamstring issue and won't be jumping fir a while ..lol....kind of odd too he won't be there till after the bye.. wouldn't that be when his quarantine started too then?

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't think Duke Williams won't make the Sask deep ball game a lot better. Williams height & jumping ability make him a matchup nightmare.

Duke will be a better receiver than what they've got for deep balls but the fundamental problem with their deep ball game wasn't the receivers. Fajardo has been wildly inaccurate. If Faj somehow manages to develop chemistry with Duke and his OL can keep him upright so he can place his throws that can change but for now the problem stems from the LOS and QB. Duke won't help that.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm just waiting for that reverse pivot & somebody pancakes him. 

That reverse pivot was working wonders for him for about 9 games in 2019 and then the league caught on and his QB rating dropped exponentially after that. Still good numbers but not elite. Faj is a mid tier starter in this league and has been since mid 2019. Early 2019 he was playing MOP ball but he was also facing pretty much every team for the first time and no one had the book on him yet. Now they do and it shows.

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

He's only 6'3...and he's not overly fast...as a wr he kind of a slug.

Definitely is talent but hasn't played here in a while and like others said...u need a ball thrown that's catcheable for a 50/50 and that's the issue...not the guys trying to catch. And hanging your vertical games hopes and dreams on 50/50 balls is not a recipe for success...and maybe he still has the hamstring issue and won't be jumping fir a while ..lol....kind of odd too he won't be there till after the bye.. wouldn't that be when his quarantine started too then?

gotta be honest though. most of our wrs, basically all of them out side of demski are in the duke level of speed. We got a lot of high 4.5 to 4.7 runners who are well balanced big and strong rather than quick or fast. (as of yet grant isnt a wr he's just a kr) 

But yeah I mean he's a horrible fit for them. I dont think he's gonna be very happy in sask. I read today he's not yet reported and they are hoping he will be in for the game after their bye. He's barely gonna end up playing at this rate. 

5 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Say what you guys will about Fajardo, but the guy doesn't throw picks past 45 yards

Thats his secret. If wr's dont have a chance to catch your deep ball, dbs sure as hell wont either. crazy like a fox.  

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

gotta be honest though. most of our wrs, basically all of them out side of demski are in the duke level of speed. We got a lot of high 4.5 to 4.7 runners who are well balanced big and strong rather than quick or fast. (as of yet grant isnt a wr he's just a kr) 

But yeah I mean he's a horrible fit for them. I dont think he's gonna be very happy in sask. I read today he's not yet reported and they are hoping he will be in for the game after their bye. He's barely gonna end up playing at this rate. 

Thats his secret. If wr's dont have a chance to catch your deep ball, dbs sure as hell wont either. crazy like a fox.  

Do you consider Darvin slow?  Even on his long TD's, it seems he always has to slow down to catch the ball.

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Duke will be a better receiver than what they've got for deep balls but the fundamental problem with their deep ball game wasn't the receivers. Fajardo has been wildly inaccurate. If Faj somehow manages to develop chemistry with Duke and his OL can keep him upright so he can place his throws that can change but for now the problem stems from the LOS and QB. Duke won't help that.

That reverse pivot was working wonders for him for about 9 games in 2019 and then the league caught on and his QB rating dropped exponentially after that. Still good numbers but not elite. Faj is a mid tier starter in this league and has been since mid 2019. Early 2019 he was playing MOP ball but he was also facing pretty much every team for the first time and no one had the book on him yet. Now they do and it shows.

87.2 efficiency rating right now is proof positive...midway point in the season is a good measuring stick...compared to 113.6....111.11... and 90.6 for Reilly, Zack and Adams who have played all games, MBT and Harris who have played 5 and 4 have 110.3 and 99.7, and Evans and Maier are at 101.7 and 99.4 (though only 3-4 games each)

Also that 7 TD to 8 INT ratio just validates it more...guys a back-up...cut and dried, And Duke is coming from a lousy BILL's camp where he was slowest guy there, and basically couldn't get open, he will be a nice toy but not take them anywhere they already haven't ventured to this year...