2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Oshea was hated as he was good, and intense....not cause he was dirty...did he take liberties..u bet..all guys did/do but was never suspended from what I know...played hard whistle to whistle...tough and mrean byut by no means a blatant dirty guy....and this is what our teasm does now...

What happens in those piles stays in those piles type mentality? lol

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

now THAT was a nasty sonofabitch on the field.......

We've always had a knack for finding the meanest OL in the league. Suhk Chunghs scouting report probably just said, "HE MEAN." 

(Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ offensive guard Drew) Desjarlais is such a s*** disturber. He’s so nasty in the trenches. God, I wish we had him on our team.

From 3dn today. I think thats the biggest advantage desjarlais has. He's the nastiest guy on the field every game. We have various linemen down field blocking in the run on most every play. But no matter what, DD is coming up from behind the play to punish any one he can. Every single snap. 

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/22/insider-talk-hamiltons-qb-injuries-the-cfls-best-canadian-receivers-winnipegs-s-disturber/

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

We've always had a knack for finding the meanest OL in the league. Suhk Chunghs scouting report probably just said, "HE MEAN." 

(Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ offensive guard Drew) Desjarlais is such a s*** disturber. He’s so nasty in the trenches. God, I wish we had him on our team.

From 3dn today. I think thats the biggest advantage desjarlais has. He's the nastiest guy on the field every game. We have various linemen down field blocking in the run on most every play. But no matter what, DD is coming up from behind the play to punish any one he can. Every single snap. 

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/22/insider-talk-hamiltons-qb-injuries-the-cfls-best-canadian-receivers-winnipegs-s-disturber/

You just know Mike O'Shea beams with pride at a comment like that.

When it comes to Guards, you need to find the nastiest sonofabitch who will win a bar room brawl with anyone. That's what made Matt Sheridan great, and so many others. The Tackles, there's more finesse involved...but the Guards......angry brawlers. And we've had some of the all time best on this team, thankfully...

19 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Getting Khan and St.Germaine when Ottawa folded was huge. Our line was absolute do do for a few years there. 

The whole ott dispersal draft and spreading of talent profited the bombers far more than any other team. We ended up with the korey banks fiasco, but got use out of henri childs, we traded brad banks away, we ended up with jerome haywood, and we stabilized our OL. We ended up with kyries hebert as well. It was crazy good for us. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You just know Mike O'Shea beams with pride at a comment like that.

QFT

10 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I remember being disappointed that they didn't take Banks - because we had an absolutely awful secondary in '05.

Until a friend laughed at me and said: "Mark, it's about protection - protecting the QB is #1."

Yep! We needed Khan more then we needed Banks at the time. 

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

supplementary discipline of the week and another ******* berating the doping officials: 

If Dickey is able to tame Mike Rose, he will really have something. But, right now he's as much of a hinderance as a benefit. 

Wasn't he the guy who got 2 RTP penalties against us that helped seal our win?

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

If Dickey is able to tame Mike Rose, he will really have something. But, right now he's as much of a hinderance as a benefit. 

Wasn't he the guy who got 2 RTP penalties against us that helped seal our win?

He had 3 penalties (1 illegal contact on receiver, and 2 roughing the passer penalties). He did not register a tackle... One of his own penalties negated his own sack lol

One of my friend's father played for the Stamps in the 60's. He told me a story about  a longtime Stamps offensive lineman who was going to beat up one of the black players on the team because the guy dared have a shower at the same time he did. He was an American & a proud racist. He was enraged that his black teammate dared have a shower when he was already in it & didn't know his place. I know the names of the 2 players involved but as I don't know if the story is true or not, I won't name names. 

That was fairly common back then on CFL teams. A lot of General Managers & Head Coaches along with their assistants were from the Southern US & the racism that existed in American society towards Blacks also existed on the 9 CFL teams as well. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was fairly common back then on CFL teams. A lot of General Managers & Head Coaches along with their assistants were from the Southern US & the racism that existed in American society towards Blacks also existed on the 9 CFL teams as well. 

I read about that in a CFL player's biography when I was a kid.  To this day, I can't remember who the author / player was.  He said there was an invisible line through the middle of the locker room. 

19 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I read about that in a CFL player's biography when I was a kid.  To this day, I can't remember who the author / player was.  He said there was an invisible line through the middle of the locker room. 

That was probably true about every team back then. Wuith so many management & coaches from the US it had to be.

On 2021-09-23 at 11:54 AM, Mark H. said:

That line extended to nights out after the games all the way to the late 80's. The white players at their tables and the black players at their tables.