2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A desperate, futile gesture by someone who knew that the test would show results that he would not want to come out. And the beat goes on.

Leonard is looking at a possible/probable end of his CFL career. 

Sooooo....are the Riders gonna bring back their previous head coach? Sound like he would fit right into that milieu.  

yup...would blend right into that pathetic organization

5 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

and he still need to pee for them. :D

I have been looking for any updated drug policy protocol, but the most current I can find is before 2019. It says any failed test (and refusal counts as that) puts you on the mandatory testing regime, and not just random. Anyone know the difference in frequency of testing? And if he has to be tested before he comes back, if he tests positive would it be treated as a different result worthy of another suspension, or could it be argued that the substance that was in his system before is still there so it is still the same positive as opposed to a new second offence (and how would that change if the first test was refused)? Is it possible to be punished twice for the same infraction?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have been looking for any updated drug policy protocol, but the most current I can find is before 2019. It says any failed test (and refusal counts as that) puts you on the mandatory testing regime, and not just random. Anyone know the difference in frequency of testing? And if he has to be tested before he comes back, if he tests positive would it be treated as a different result worthy of another suspension, or could it be argued that the substance that was in his system before is still there so it is still the same positive as opposed to a new second offence (and how would that change if the first test was refused)? Is it possible to be punished twice for the same infraction?

10 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

if he comes back, he will have to still provide a test, and if he flunks will get a suspension based on the failed test. He is suspended right now for failing to submit.

Mandatory I have seen done monthly, as well as after every game, and also involves randoms too

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

if he comes back, he will have to still provide a test, and if he flunks will get a suspension based on the failed test. He is suspended right now for failing to submit.

Mandatory I have seen done monthly, as well as after every game, and also involves randoms too

Did Harris have to provide another test before coming back last year, or is it only if you refuse in the first place?  And if the former, would another fail be a different result leading to a second suspension?

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yes, but youll only get a positive test for about 14 days after taking steroids. So unless he does them while he's suspended he almost certainly isnt going to pop again.

That said, who knows maybe its some thing else he's on. Maybe its the player wellness and not PEDs that wouldve had him suspended if he peed. 

19 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Did Harris have to provide another test before coming back last year, or is it only if you refuse in the first place?  And if the former, would another fail be a different result leading to a second suspension?

he was under the mandantory after back...not sure the schedule he was on, but provided several

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yes, but youll only get a positive test for about 14 days after taking steroids. So unless he does them while he's suspended he almost certainly isnt going to pop again.

That said, who knows maybe its some thing else he's on. Maybe its the player wellness and not PEDs that wouldve had him suspended if he peed. 

depends on the half life and also what type...some are much longer than 14 days, orals are gone faster, but an oral in-season isn't usually one you would use....though thats not set in stone, and everyone is different in their dosing and preference

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

As for street drugs, if his objective was to cover up the use of a major stimulant like cocaine or meth, his ploy to avoid the pissmaster would sort have worked. Those metabolites (as well as opiates) leave the system more quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

As for street drugs, if his objective was to cover up the use of a major stimulant like cocaine or meth, his ploy to avoid the pissmaster would sort have worked. Those metabolites (as well as opiates) leave the system more quickly. 

correct....the street/recreational drug will be gone a lot quicker, hence why you would/could have to offer up hair samples, then again I have seen guys totally shave and remove all body hair to circumvent that as well...

The PED will still be partly traceable though as it binds different, and as mentioned has a longer half life, and even if the drug is gone, it would red flag elevated levels of natural occurring things in the body, which is an indicator of use

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

he was under the mandantory after back...not sure the schedule he was on, but provided several

depends on the half life and also what type...some are much longer than 14 days, orals are gone faster, but an oral in-season isn't usually one you would use....though thats not set in stone, and everyone is different in their dosing and preference

It would truly be baffling to me if a guy who has earned what he has between the NFL and the CFL isnt on a modern ped, but then I probably shouldnt be surprised. I mean if he was smart he'd be off it during the season, and if he really needed it to recover mid season he'd take oral then micro dose to avoid crashing off it. The fact he isnt off it, or on some thing that cant be tracked should say it all. But I always expect cheaters to be smarter than they are. 

10 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Yeah, unless its some thing he cant stay off. You never know what happens after a year off. More players than most would expect fall into heavy cycles of substance abuse in the offseason, then try to clean up for the season. Im a bit surprised we havent seen more issues with this. From recreational stuff, to pills, to hard drugs. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Edited by Rod Black
Because my comment is in bad taste. My apologies.