2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

There's got to be more to it than them just firing Young to get Jones unless there was some bad off field exploits by Glen.. It makes no sense really. Besides, would MLSE really have a hot clue about the inner workings of the team?

I think its desperation by MLSE to drum up interest in the argos. They are a good team and on the right path, but they arent gonna be a contender this year. I think MLSE plans to axe dinwiddie and maybe pinball and give jones every thing he wants to try and replicate what he did in ssk in To. 

MLSE has no idea how to market or sell the argos. They've never had to work to sell sports. 

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Chris Jones will ride this DC gig for the rest of this season but will either shoot for the RedBlack's GM/HC in expense of Desjardins/Lapolice or Pinball stepping down as Argos' GM firing Dinwiddie as HC then declares Jones as GM/HC.

I think the latter is more likely. 

I suspect the RBs, or even edm, maybe ssk are all his fall back. If it doesnt pan out this year for him I can easily see one of those teams going to him hat in hand and giving him all he wants. Its not a dumb move for him, though it is a real douchy move. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Jones likes athletes over guys with technical abilities wonder how the talent on the Argos D meshes with what he wants to do.

First I bet Shane ray bounced back from his 6 game stint on the IR much sooner then expected. After that itll be interesting to see if mccoil suddenly gets the majority of reps. And if his impact is just on D or of its on O too. I havent heard what his official role will be yet. 

I cant see jones and dinwiddie getting a long well. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Hoping he wont see Oakman fits his style of D. I would love to have that guy playing with our Jeffs. 🤤

Id love that guy here. Idk how we'd fit him but hes a monster. Hes kind of an over all athlete than a 1 stand out trait guy. He's the future of DL physically. They wont all be sky scrappers like him though. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think its desperation by MLSE to drum up interest in the argos. They are a good team and on the right path, but they arent gonna be a contender this year. I think MLSE plans to axe dinwiddie and maybe pinball and give jones every thing he wants to try and replicate what he did in ssk in To. 

1) No way you can say they won't contend.

2) Fire Pinball ?!?

1) No way you can say they won't contend.

2) Fire Pinball ?!?

They wont. They dont have the qbing to beat mtl or hamilton in the play offs. MTL plays ottawa 4 times this year. To gets ott twice, and edm in the middle of their 3 in 6 days. But for the argos that game only has 3 days rest between it and hamilton. If edm wins one of those 3 games thats gonna be it.

Write it down and quote me on it at the end of the year. I love what the argos having going on roster wise and coaching up till this. They arent in a position to contend this year. 

MLSE doesnt give a damn about the cfl, or argos history. They'd be happy to pull the team out of the cfl and play in the XFL 3.0. 

Pinball and dinwiddie have some thing great brewing. If they can continue to develop an OL, run more, and get a steady QB they would dominate the east like hamilton did last year, but better.

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Id love that guy here. Idk how we'd fit him but hes a monster. Hes kind of an over all athlete than a 1 stand out trait guy. He's the future of DL physically. They wont all be sky scrappers like him though. 

He's 6'9" of a monster.
Imagine an all-American starting DL of  Jefferson-Oakman-Stove-Jeffcoat. That's gonna be bloody scary. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

He's 6'9" of a monster.
Imagine an all-American starting DL of  Jefferson-Oakman-Stove-Jeffcoat. That's gonna be bloody scary. 

With kongbo, jake, and hansen rotating. That'd be lights out.  We'd get all the sacks. I like sayles and walker too, But damn.  Actually we'd probably still carry a healthy 8+ dl any way :P 

Ahh I see glenn young is now not with the team as is their DB coach... sad. 

Just now, Dodge and Burn said:

Dont understand what the Argo's are doing here. 

They have a good thing going on D, our guy Glen Young has done a great job. 

Why interject a guy like Jones who everyone knows will be gunning for a HC job... 

Din and Young will be looking over thier shoulders.  Shame. 

Looks like young is suspended along with their DB coach. Its being made out that they arent vaxxed MLSE is forcing all none CBA members (ie any one but players) to get vaccinated. Is young that type of guy? Idk but I would think and hope not. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They wont. They dont have the qbing to beat mtl or hamilton in the play offs. MTL plays ottawa 4 times this year. To gets ott twice, and edm in the middle of their 3 in 6 days. But for the argos that game only has 3 days rest between it and hamilton. If edm wins one of those 3 games thats gonna be it.

Write it down and quote me on it at the end of the year. I love what the argos having going on roster wise and coaching up till this. They arent in a position to contend this year. 

MLSE doesnt give a damn about the cfl, or argos history. They'd be happy to pull the team out of the cfl and play in the XFL 3.0. 

Pinball and dinwiddie have some thing great brewing. If they can continue to develop an OL, run more, and get a steady QB they would dominate the east like hamilton did last year, but better.

What is your definition of contend? Make the playoffs? GC?

Because I know of a third place team that wasn't supposed to contend (their away record was 3-6).  They won 2 road playoff games + a GC with a broken down QB who hadn't played all season.

Also, tell me about Vernon Adams' stellar background that makes him the better choice than Arby + Tinfoil at backup.

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Looks like young is suspended along with their DB coach. Its being made out that they arent vaxxed MLSE is forcing all none CBA members (ie any one but players) to get vaccinated. Is young that type of guy? Idk but I would think and hope not. 

Now it starts to make sense.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I would welcome Young back with open arms. 

What is your definition of contend? Make the playoffs? GC?

Because I know of a third place team that wasn't supposed to contend.  They won 2 road playoff games + a GC with a broken down QB who hadn't played all season.

Also, tell me about Vernon Adams' stellar background that makes him the better choice than Arby + Tinfoil at backup.

Now it starts to make sense.

The bombers were only a 3rd place team due to injuries, we wouldve been the top team other wise. But we were a bit of a miracle. If collaros wasnt insanely good we wouldnt have won. 

A contender is a team that you expect to win play off games and be in the grey cup. Our team in 2019 was a contender, then injuries derailed us, and one of the greatest player come backs of all time left us better then we started. 

I expect TO to make the play offs in the 3rd seed, with heavy pursuit from a cross over team, and lose a close game in the east semi or lose by a lot in the east final. 

Vernon adams doesnt need to have a stellar background. On that team, he doesnt even need to be very consistant. They can run the ball extremely well. To, can run well in limited touches. They dont have a line that can run the ball 25 times a game to win. They have the back, but not the OL or the system for that. 

Vernon adams has shown that he can take over games by him self. MBT, and arbuckle havent shown that. 

The als dont need the same thing to win from their QB as TO needs from theirs. And despite needing less, Vaj has shown he can do more. 

Who do you replace from the existing staff to fit him in?

If we didnt have cap space to just add him, the lber coach role could be taken off stanley. If we had to remove some one it'd probably be patterson at dl coach as a first year guy. He could be rolled into the organization in another role. 

IF its for refusing the vax, I wouldnt take him back. If he is vax'd Id take him back with open arms. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The bombers were only a 3rd place team due to injuries, we wouldve been the top team other wise. But we were a bit of a miracle. If collaros wasnt insanely good we wouldnt have won. 

A contender is a team that you expect to win play off games and be in the grey cup. Our team in 2019 was a contender, then injuries derailed us, and one of the greatest player come backs of all time left us better then we started. 

I expect TO to make the play offs in the 3rd seed, with heavy pursuit from a cross over team, and lose a close game in the east semi or lose by a lot in the east final. 

Vernon adams doesnt need to have a stellar background. On that team, he doesnt even need to be very consistant. They can run the ball extremely well. To, can run well in limited touches. They dont have a line that can run the ball 25 times a game to win. They have the back, but not the OL or the system for that. 

Vernon adams has shown that he can take over games by him self. MBT, and arbuckle havent shown that. 

The als dont need the same thing to win from their QB as TO needs from theirs. And despite needing less, Vaj has shown he can do more. 

We can agree to disagree, except I remember their running backs eating our lunch a few weeks ago (even without using the bulldozer-Declan Cross), so there is that.

We can agree to disagree, except I remember their running backs eating our lunch a few weeks ago (even without using the bulldozer-Declan Cross), so there is that.

They can run in small amounts exceptionally well. Because the backs can carry that. The OL however cant carry the load of doing it when teams know its coming. Foster has 16 carries in 3 games, and white has 54 in 5 games. Youre talking 10-12 running plays a game. When youre pushing 20 consistently defenses occupy gaps, run blitz etc to counter the run. Nearly all of torontos runs we didnt have guys covering each gap. 

Every time TO runs its basically the effect of a draw on defenses. Almost a trick. If they increased the work load 50% defenses would change how they play them and take it away. They would have to double their run game in order for it to carry them. 

Edited by wbbfan

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Yeah this is terrible. CFL doesn’t need QBs dropping. Masolli out a while yet or was that just last game? I don’t even know who they have for a third string. 

Yeah missing starting qbs hurts every one . 

Masoli has been on the 1g injured list. But he will have to be revoked, david watford went in for them this week. He's the only other qb they have on the roster. So unless they ****** a vax'd qb from another teams PR or trade for one, they wont have enough. 

"Glen Young is on leave as defensive coordinator of the Toronto Argonauts until further notice. Along with defensive backs coach Joshua Bell. Veteran assistant Rich Stubler will call the defensive game plan for the Argos this week against Saskatchewan. Today, GM Michael Clemons told the media that Young would retain his DC title while he is on leave from the team.

Reports are that Young and DB coach Joshua Bell are away from the team because they have not followed MLSE’s vaccination policy, which requires all employees to be vaccinated. The Argonauts have not confirmed that. Both Bell and Young’s absence is being characterized as being of a personal nature."

Sounds like Cov-Idiots to me.