2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

We all know who had superb protection and who didn't.  It doesn't make sense to just cherry pick the WRs. Look at the whole offensive system. 

AC never succeeded without one of the best OL the leagues ever known.... 

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

AC never succeeded without one of the best OL the leagues ever known.... 

Name a QB that did. Reilly hasn’t, yet he is still seen as all-time by some. When he was at his peak his line was much better. Ray was greatest when his line was at it’s best. McManus was a superstar when he only got sacked three times one entire season. But lots of QBs with great lines have not been as stellar (see Nichols, Collaros and Streveler with the current o-line) or had the enduring success of Calvillo. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Name a QB that did. Reilly hasn’t, yet he is still seen as all-time by some. When he was at his peak his line was much better. Ray was greatest when his line was at it’s best. McManus was a superstar when he only got sacked three times one entire season. But lots of QBs with great lines have not been as stellar (see Nichols, Collaros and Streveler with the current o-line) or had the enduring success of Calvillo. 

Ricky Ray.... Forever an awful line and is still a Top 5 all time. 

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Doug Flutie was basically a cheat code. Guy was stupidly good. Too young to have seen Warren Moon but from my perspective Flutie the best to play the position in the CFL. 

Moon could run & he was deadly accurate. He played as well in the CFL as he did in the NFL. Immensely talented But in their primes, I'd still take Flutie. 

9 hours ago, Stickem said:

Flutie was a Heisman trophy winner ....a very rare breed to ever come and play the three down game....The NFL said he was too small to ever be anything in their league....While he finally ended up back there he sure lit up our league and proved that their assessment of him, in his early days, was out to lunch....Glad he played here and certainly gave the CFL a lot of recognition......Two of my favourite qb's to ever play in the CFL....Tom Clements and Flutie.......(besides Ploen of course and a forgotten guy by the name of Jim Van Pelt)

Did you know that the Bombers wanted to sign Jim Van Pelt & bring him back for the 1962 season? He was a VIP guest of the Bombers for the 1961 Grey Cup & the team wined & dined him. He left the Bombers after the 1959 season as he was drafted & spent 2 years in the US Air Force. Van Pelt decided that he wanted to remain retired. He lived in Chicago & got involved in private business there.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did you know that the Bombers wanted to sign Jim Van Pelt & bring him back for the 1962 season? He was a VIP guest of the Bombers for the 1961 Grey Cup & the team wined & dined him. He left the Bombers after the 1959 season as he was drafted & spent 2 years in the US Air Force. Van Pelt decided that he wanted to remain retired. He lived in Chicago & got involved in private business there.

Yes I did know Jim wanted to call it quits, probably motivated by that devastating tackle out of bounds by esks., Rollie (dirty) Miles, that separated his shoulder....Van Pelt was fantastic the year he showed up here....in fact took Ploen's job as no 1 qb.....something Grant had a hard time with cuz Kenny was also a top end qb.....Van Pelt ran with it though and proved to be a talented winner....Smart and a pin point passer doesn't come along that often  BUT it did and Grant made the right decision....We lost a good one when he decided to call it quits....

RBs sign kenny stafford. If they wouldve also grabbed namaan they'd have some decent pieces in the wr core. But no wr is gonna save that offense. They need to send nichols packing, bring in another qb that can play in the cfl, and get a new rb to start.

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/12/redblacks-sign-veteran-receiver-kenny-stafford/

Yet another former first round pick in the NFL is reporting to the argos. Dude is 31 and last played in 2017. I get going for high potential but dang. Coming back from being out of football for that many years is nuts.

Its funny dinwiddie said if martavis bryant reported he didnt see him un seating any of their wrs. They bring in Wright, but I would hands down take the talent of bryant over him in a heart beat. I remember there being some issue with him getting his passport done n junk maybe he didnt want to go through quarantine or some thing.  Braverman hit the 1g IR, maybe it means he will be out for a bit. But they got a stacked wr core as it is. 

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/12/former-first-round-nfl-draft-pick-kendall-wright-to-report-to-argos-this-week/

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/13/chris-jones-resigns-as-south-pittsburg-high-school-head-coach-to-join-toronto-argos-coaching-staff/

Omg whaaaaaaaat? Man I hate that guy being back in the league. Such a toxic ****. I feel like thats gotta be pressure on dinwiddie at HC. Which is dumb, he's been exceptional for them. Id take him as an OC here in a heart beat. 

So far dinwiddie looks like he deserves to be a HC in the cfl. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

This is Chris Jones declaring himself available for RedBlack's GM/HC gig.  

Poor Glen Young. 

True that too, glen young has also been really good as their DC. I love their coaching staff decisions up to this point. 

Just now, JCon said:

I'm kind of surprised he got vaxxed. 

Right? I wonder hth they are gonna fit his pay in under the coaches cap...

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Jones bouncing on yet another team is typical.

Right? Hes bouncing on kids, thats low. SPHS isnt some rando school either. Its a serious prep, and they just got reinstated and are on probation for 2 years. So it probably works out for them any way. Chris jones lead team thats already on 2 years of probation doesnt stand a chance. 

Chris Jones will ride this DC gig for the rest of this season but will either shoot for the RedBlack's GM/HC in expense of Desjardins/Lapolice or Pinball stepping down as Argos' GM firing Dinwiddie as HC then declares Jones as GM/HC.

I think the latter is more likely. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This smacks of MLSE to me, doesnt at all seem pinball esq. 

There's got to be more to it than them just firing Young to get Jones unless there was some bad off field exploits by Glen.. It makes no sense really. Besides, would MLSE really have a hot clue about the inner workings of the team?

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Jones likes athletes over guys with technical abilities wonder how the talent on the Argos D meshes with what he wants to do.

Hoping he wont see Oakman fits his style of D. I would love to have that guy playing with our Jeffs. 🤤

Edited by M.O.A.B.