2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What could he have done better? Dude didn't miss anything that game and handled the pressure incredibly well.

There were some missed opportunities for huge gains.  I think a guy like ZC or BLM behind centre would have capitalized.

One TD or another chip shot FG = a win

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

There were some missed opportunities for huge gains.  I think a guy like ZC or BLM behind centre would have capitalized.

One TD or another chip shot FG = a win

Wait hold up if we're playing that game.... IF the bombers don't drop 4-5 passes they win that game easily by another 6-13 pts... Also IF my parents were related well, I'd be a rider fan 😛

Edited by BagBlieBulls

6 minutes ago, BagBlieBulls said:

Wait hold up if we're playing that game.... IF the bombers don't drop 4-5 passes they win that game easily by another 6-13 pts... Also IF my parents were related well, I'd be a rider fan 😛

Plus the Lawler TD - IMO that's worst call so far this season.

With a few more games experience - Maier makes some of those plays - that's all I was saying. 

If I'm Ottawa, I would trade for Bethel-Thompson rather than Masoli. I think he will be good in Lapo's offense. Plus his ancestors will be very happy seeing their boy as a starter again. 

I think Michell would rather be an Argo than a RedBlack. 

10 minutes ago, BagBlieBulls said:

Are you sure you're not a Rider fan? 
😂

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

If I'm Ottawa, I would trade for Bethel-Thompson rather than Masoli. I think he will be good in Lapo's offense. Plus his ancestors will be very happy seeing their boy as a starter again. 

I think Michell would rather be an Argo than a RedBlack. 

Idk, mbt doesnt seem like a check down guy. I think masoli would fit their system much better. Wouldnt it be funny if they traded for Arbuckle? 😆

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't think we are the type of tea to trade away assets, especially ones we put a few years into....we have no needs really to even consider a trade, where we would win that trade...

Cant say, you dont usually see deals like this in the cfl. But in the covid year where nfl cuts could be very problematic to bring in we could see some unusual movement. Thats what the speculation is based on. 

If we could trade gray and a pick for an elite wr I dont think we'd hesitate. Gray has been the inactive guy pretty much since nuefeld came back from injury in 19. Hes 27 or 28 I know hes finishing his degree at the U of M but at some point he's not going to be content to be the healthy scratch each week when he would start for maybe half the league. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Idk, mbt doesnt seem like a check down guy. I think masoli would fit their system much better. Wouldnt it be funny if they traded for Arbuckle? 😆

Cant say, you dont usually see deals like this in the cfl. But in the covid year where nfl cuts could be very problematic to bring in we could see some unusual movement. Thats what the speculation is based on. 

If we could trade gray and a pick for an elite wr I dont think we'd hesitate. Gray has been the inactive guy pretty much since nuefeld came back from injury in 19. Hes 27 or 28 I know hes finishing his degree at the U of M but at some point he's not going to be content to be the healthy scratch each week when he would start for maybe half the league. 

50 minutes ago, Booch said:

Nope.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/geoff-gray/163151/

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

A team like the riders would kill for a guy like gray. Absolutely is "injured" every week so we don't lose him.

Hes the 1 healthy scratch every week and yeah its 100%  to protect him. If he was on on the PR im 100% sure atleast edm, ham, ssk, and bc would claim and start him. 

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Gray also is working as an engineer here I believe. He's likely roughly two years into the four year process of getting his professional engineer designation. He might not be open to a move.

Yeah i mentioned hes doing his school at the u of m. But generally that doesnt stop guys from moving. He was in the NFL prior to coming back here. He could put it on hold or transfer else where. Football is a short window. Especially as you start to close in on 30. It also demands an awful lot of your time. If the pull was that strong Id think he'd be a candidate to retire. 

If he wasnt a flight risk either, Im sure he'd be on the PR and would just decline the claim of other teams. We've seen a few guys do that here under the mos era. Spooner comes to mind as one. 

I think he's at an advanced stage, which is why he's missed some time for personal reasons. At least, that's what I believe has happened. 

If he wasn't happy here or with his role, I don't think he would still be here. 

Booch - what are they doing with Geoff? From the outside, he looks like a wasted talent but I know there's more to it, right? 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think he's at an advanced stage, which is why he's missed some time for personal reasons. At least, that's what I believe has happened. 

Booch - what are they doing with Geoff? From the outside, he looks like a wasted talent but I know there's more to it, right? 

He's just not as good as Dejarlais and Eli....so he is the 7th man and what a luxury that is as he could start on any line in the league and be damn good....just tells you the depth of our line.

You have to remember that Eli was a projected higher round draft pick in the NFL prior to his injury, and I believe in his last full season was a projected top 3 center coming out of the NCAA...Landing him where we did in draft was a major coup.

We just lucky Geoff is from Winnipeg, and finishing school in Winnipeg as it makes it easier keeping him, but still...he's getting full pay, on his hometown team and has a Cup and a good shot at another....so he's happy

Edited by Booch

Just now, JCon said:

Could be. Itd make sense why hes frequently on the IR reports. 

Not necessarily. No good competitive player wants to be the back up. Its not that he'd be un happy here even, as much as it would be either he becomes wasted or leaves as a fa for the chance to play when he can. Im a big believer in gray. I didnt get to see TC obviously this year, but last year I thought he was a head of desjarlais in some things. (pass pro and zone blocking) And has much more upside, he has the tools to play tackle which is rare for an NI. 

Qadr spooner declined two teams (i know bc for one) trying to claim him off our PR as he was happy learning here in 2018. and 2019 he signed as a FA in edmonton.  Players are happy backing up till they arent any more. 

Just now, Booch said:

He's just not as good as Dejarlais and Eli....so he is the 7th man and what a luxury that is as he could start on any line in the league and be damn good....just tells you the depth of our line.

You have to remember that Eli was a projected higher round draft pick in the NFL prior to his injury, and I believe in his last full season was a projected top 3 center coming out of the NCAA...Landing him where we did in draft was a major coup.

We just lucky Geoff is from Winnipeg, and finishing school in Winnipeg as it makes it easier keeping him, but still...he's getting full pay, on his hometown team and has a Cup and a good shot at another....so he's happy

Desjarlais has certainly taken a good step forward this year, that guy improves by leaps and bounds. And yeah Eli might start at C or G for every other team in the league. He is an extraordinary talent. When he comes in for heavy sets he just deletes premiere DL from the field. In the last 2 weeks I saw him line up in side the tackles on short yardage, and our side the tackles. You dont see that kind of thing displacing a T like bryant or hardrick. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Could be. Itd make sense why hes frequently on the IR reports. 

Not necessarily. No good competitive player wants to be the back up. Its not that he'd be un happy here even, as much as it would be either he becomes wasted or leaves as a fa for the chance to play when he can. Im a big believer in gray. I didnt get to see TC obviously this year, but last year I thought he was a head of desjarlais in some things. (pass pro and zone blocking) And has much more upside, he has the tools to play tackle which is rare for an NI. 

Qadr spooner declined two teams (i know bc for one) trying to claim him off our PR as he was happy learning here in 2018. and 2019 he signed as a FA in edmonton.  Players are happy backing up till they arent any more. 

Desjarlais has certainly taken a good step forward this year, that guy improves by leaps and bounds. And yeah Eli might start at C or G for every other team in the league. He is an extraordinary talent. When he comes in for heavy sets he just deletes premiere DL from the field. In the last 2 weeks I saw him line up in side the tackles on short yardage, and our side the tackles. You dont see that kind of thing displacing a T like bryant or hardrick. 

Love watching him in short yardage...the dude is a beast...the side of line he is on 9 times outta tens just blows the defense right up

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Love watching him in short yardage...the dude is a beast...the side of line he is on 9 times outta tens just blows the defense right up

Right. I would consider going hurry up out of the 11/21 formation some times. Make defenses have to try and hurry up and defend the road graders. 

I dream of what an OL with dobson and eli could look like. Especially if hardrick is still a human landslide. 

Maybe the best thing about eli is his mobility and we havent really seen it a lot yet. The guy fires off like few others and can keep it going. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Right. I would consider going hurry up out of the 11/21 formation some times. Make defenses have to try and hurry up and defend the road graders. 

I dream of what an OL with dobson and eli could look like. Especially if hardrick is still a human landslide. 

Maybe the best thing about eli is his mobility and we havent really seen it a lot yet. The guy fires off like few others and can keep it going. 

He also took reps at Tackle in college during practices and although a natural center, would also be an all-star quality guard...hence the perfect 6th man

Just now, Booch said:

He also took reps at Tackle in college during practices and although a natural center, would also be an all-star quality guard...hence the perfect 6th man

Yeah he was mr versatility in college. Which is nice to see. Too often a lot of blue chip OL only play one position on one side for a long time. 

And he's just 25. I bet danny mac was grinning ear to ear when we picked him. 

It is a great situation to have if maintainable. Bryant and nuef have more games played then entire teams ols. Bryant probably still has his leather helmet from junior high back in the day dickidy 6.