2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

I'd like to see Stewart come in for Adams if he's banged up and McKnight get more targets downfield.  He'll be an important piece if we ever get Collaros on the move, he needs to fill Demski's role.  Buck is way too locked into Lawler and Bailey.

Williams could get a look on returns, but we have no idea if he can handle punts and that's a big deal, defer to the coaches on that one.

Any NFL cut is realistically 4-6 weeks away from practicing and playing, not really realistic this year.

Anyone know if Naaman Roosevelt stayed north after the Als cut him?

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd like to see Stewart come in for Adams if he's banged up and McKnight get more targets downfield.  He'll be an important piece if we ever get Collaros on the move, he needs to fill Demski's role.  Buck is way too locked into Lawler and Bailey.

Any NFL cut is realistically 4-6 weeks away from practicing and playing, not really realistic this year.

we have an NFL talent in house if he can get healthy....big if....but if.....

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Sadly, Duke isn't available. He was injured, which is why the Bills waived him. He cleared waivers and the Bills have re-signed and placed him on the IR. They must still want him. 

Sucks the guy is hurt, but im glad the bills are keeping him around. He deserves the look. Thanks for the clarification. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

With Duke not available i'd be all for bringing this guy in, especially if he can return. Nelson is a wet blanket out there on returns. No explosion plays at all.

He returned a little bit for calgary and a little bit in college. Hes not a returner by trade but hes quick and shifty with just enough experience to do it. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

we have an NFL talent in house if he can get healthy....big if....but if.....

I dont think we ever heard what his injury was, Idk why we didnt keep him on the IR instead unless it was gonna be more than 6 games. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Williams could get a look on returns, but we have no idea if he can handle punts and that's a big deal, defer to the coaches on that one.

Anyone know if Naaman Roosevelt stayed north after the Als cut him?

Id like to see agudosi get some looks too. I doubt naaman has stuck around. Im pretty meh on him too. 

Michel would fit in nicely with our demski role and capable returnman could be a good fit. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

So far, we do not seem to have a game-breaker receiver who scares the poop out of defensive backs. Collaros has the arm and attitude and it would loosen up things for the possession receivers and the running game.

Lawler has the tools to be that receiver, IMO. He's currently third in receiving yards (323), tied for the league in TDs, and leads the league in both receptions (25) and targets (36).

Just have to get the offense into more of a rhythm as the season progresses. It's easy to forget there was no pre-season and there's some still some fine tuning required.