2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Just now, TBURGESS said:

How do we know that?

We don't know anything yet. I'm just saying you can get Covid even if you're fully vaxxed and you can spread it. Your outcome is statistically going to be better than those that are not. We'll have to wait to find out. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

We don't know anything yet. I'm just saying you can get Covid even if you're fully vaxxed and you can spread it. Your outcome is statistically going to be better than those that are not. We'll have to wait to find out. 

Apparently you can be double-vaxed, contract it again, be asymptomatic and still be a spreader. Thus there is NO valid reason to abandon the masks and distancing with the Delta variant looming.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

are there unvaccinated players on rosters?

if yes, I dont understand it. this makes no sense.

league is in a precarious state, dont need to be letting stupid people decide about this.

not vaccinated, off the team. if your an American, leave the country.

talk about politically correct. 

On Ottawa TSN radio show this morning, one of the sports announcers said that none of the CFL teams has reached 85% yet. I can't verify if he's correct, but I'm absolutely shocked if this is true.

LaPolice was asked what percentage of the RedBlacks were vaccinated. He danced around the question then added, "We have some players going to get vaccinated today."

The Flames just announced a few minutes ago that they will require proof of vaccination to get into Flames, Hitmen, Roughnecks & Stampeder games. I'd have liked to have seen that for the LD game vs Edmonton but a lot of people have bought tickets, I guess. If anyone remembers the post I made about a month ago where I spoke with the Stamps ticket manager saying I didn't feel safe going to games not knowing if the guy next, above or beside me was vaccinated & he just sloughed it off like it was no big deal. Well, I think they took a look at their attendance figures & saw fans are staying away in droves. That they didn't feel safe going. All of a sudden seeing other teams making decisions to have proof of vaccinations they did an about face. Boggles the mind that such a stupid decision was made in the first place. 

38 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

On Ottawa TSN radio show this morning, one of the sports announcers said that none of the CFL teams has reached 85% yet. I can't verify if he's correct, but I'm absolutely shocked if this is true.

LaPolice was asked what percentage of the RedBlacks were vaccinated. He danced around the question then added, "We have some players going to get vaccinated today."

Just saw that Hamilton just became first team to 85%.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He has to clear waivers. so he might be claimed by an NFL team. 

That would be tough. He must be out of PR years? I think his window to the NFL has closed and a new window has opened in Winnipeg. Here's hoping!

1 minute ago, JCon said:

That would be tough. He must be out of PR years? I think his window to the NFL has closed and a new window has opened in Winnipeg. Here's hoping!

You know our track record with elite CFL receivers. If we didn't have bad luck then we'd have no luck at all. I'd think he'd want to hook up with Michael Reilly or Jason Maas in Saskatchewan before us.