2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I dunno...I was thoroughly entertained by "who's going to actually win this insane contest??" It wasn't well played football by any means, but it was entertaining from a certain viewpoint...

Bum arm Nichols with stupid sexy Flanders and Lapo with all his issues seems to equal zero offence in Ottawa.  I was actually pulling for Matty but it appears that he is done.  Same goes for Mike "Floater" Reilly.  Wow that was hard to watch.  Looked like a rec league flag football game where Bob from accounting is suddenly forced to play QB and just starts chucking ducks up on a wing and a prayer.  Those throws made some of our old noodle-arm QB's look good.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If Reilly, Bo-Levi and Nichols are all gibbled up, this is bad news for their respective fans as well as the CFL. Gonna be some hard to watch games.

yup just like in the NFL, time for the old guard QB's to give way to the newbies.  Going to be some growing pains but fresh blood is always a good thing.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

If Reilly, Bo-Levi and Nichols are all gibbled up, this is bad news for their respective fans as well as the CFL. Gonna be some hard to watch games.

I'm excited to see new QB's in the league,  it makes the games much more exciting to see the ups and downs.  

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Ehh maybe not too bad. The offenses are already hampered with covid rust and no pre season with many new coaches around the league. It probably wouldn't have been great no matter what. And just being back will make up for a few weeks of crappy games. Might be the best time for a new wave to step in.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm excited to see new QB's in the league,  it makes the games much more exciting to see the ups and downs.  

The Lions may have the next Russ Jackson on their hands....as half the members here say....

What We Know About the Show So Far (with GIFs!) - JordanCon

Ok how about the next Gerry Dattilio? 

Who GIFs | Tenor

Greg Vavra?

Who GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Danny Brannagan?  OK I give up.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/11/insider-talk-player-vaccinations-global-kickers-potential-gm-hires/

"...I watched tape on all the CFL’s offensive tackles this summer. The best one is (Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ veteran right tackle) Chris Van Zeyl, especially when it comes to pass pro."

....cough........

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/11/insider-talk-player-vaccinations-global-kickers-potential-gm-hires/

"...I watched tape on all the CFL’s offensive tackles this summer. The best one is (Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ veteran right tackle) Chris Van Zeyl, especially when it comes to pass pro."

....cough........

Can't look bad when you sit out against the best pass rushers in the league.

think-smart.gif

....cough........

Must not have watched the Grey Cup. 

Alternately it's  quote from. Chris Van Zeyls  mother.

On 2021-08-09 at 9:33 AM, Noeller said:

I dunno...I was thoroughly entertained by "who's going to actually win this insane contest??" It wasn't well played football by any means, but it was entertaining from a certain viewpoint...

Yeah the whole "can the elks possibly give this one away?" thing in the fourth quarter was pretty compelling, a welcome relief from the lapo/Nichols football malpractice storyline of the first three quarters. Thank you Abdul Kanneh, new favorite non-bomber.

That said, I spent a lot of the game on a second screen searching for dink jokes to post in the game thread. Growing up rural taught me to make my own fun

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Yeah the whole "can the elks possibly give this one away?" thing in the fourth quarter was pretty compelling, a welcome relief from the lapo/Nichols football malpractice storyline of the first three quarters. Thank you Abdul Kanneh, new favorite non-bomber.

That said, I spent a lot of the game on a second screen searching for dink jokes to post in the game thread. Growing up rural taught me to make my own fun

Kanneh also has the best hair I've seen on a DB since Chijioke Onyenegecha.

So apparently Labatte has told the Riders that he might consider coming back once restrictions are eased and he doesn't have to do anything like quarantining or wearing masks or anything..........imagine being this *******'s teammate...... you all went through the hoops, the rigamorole of getting this season underway safely.....this guy said "Nah, I'm not going to do it....I can't be bothered..." and then says he wants to come back once he doesn't have to do all that stuff. Can you even imagine?? I mean, their OL is such a pile of dog ****, that they desperately need him, even at his reduced abilities.......but ****. 

So apparently Labatte has told the Riders that he might consider coming back once restrictions are eased and he doesn't have to do anything like quarantining or wearing masks or anything..........imagine being this *******'s teammate...... you all went through the hoops, the rigamorole of getting this season underway safely.....this guy said "Nah, I'm not going to do it....I can't be bothered..." and then says he wants to come back once he doesn't have to do all that stuff. Can you even imagine?? I mean, their OL is such a pile of dog ****, that they desperately need him, even at his reduced abilities.......but ****. 

I would trade a first rounder for a decent guard - before I'd take him back with that attitude. 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I would trade a first rounder for a decent guard - before I'd take him back with that attitude. 

I remember Pinball saying back in his playing days (I believe O'Shea was his team mate at the time) that the Argos had a motto - FIOFO.  Fit in or ---- Off.  I think O'Shea has brought that philosophy to the Bombers, and in that kind of locker room Labatte wouldn't last very long.  Neither would a Wilder or a Duron Carter.