2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

CFL West Division preview: Blue Bombers look to repeat after long layoff - Sportsnet.ca\

Yet another outlet that thinks were taking a step back and predicts the Riders 1st in the west lol. Were going 8-6 apparently.

The 3dn article was much better. Most people had us 2nd and riders last or 2nd last. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Quality OL+Quality DL = Football success. See 2019 Blue Bombers, 2020 TB Bucs. Reporters this one is free for you since so many of you seem to know Jack Squat.

Qft and the right vet qb. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Can't blame the national media. We've been 3rd or worse 7 of the last 8 years including last season.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Just cuz I'm not a kumbaya singing, blue coolaid drinking unicorn farting ranbows doesn't mean I'm a troll.

giphy.gif

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Boy, people around here sure are butt hurt sensitive about what TBurg has to say every time. And once again, he has said nothing factually wrong. The Bombers have finished 3rd in 7 of the past 8 seasons. And since the media is operating simplistically (the projected standings for the West are a mirror of the 2019 season) he is accurate in his assessment that this is the rationale they are basing our 3rd place predicted finish on. 

Now all TBurg has to do is not take the bait and just let his statement stand and we avoid the usual nonsense of flaming posters. But If he gets equally sensitive about the personal jabs and doubles down with what will slide into an exaggerated claim to justify his original reasonable position, he will then discredit himself as he has done before in an effort to defend his ego, and he will overstate leaving himself vulnerable to a more ridiculous and easily refuted point. Which seems to be the all too often pattern on this board. 

I guess we will see. This site makes for a fun psychological experiment at times. 😂

Each year I rely on this site to give me insight into the teams around the league.   And each year I hear how horrible the riders will be which makes me feel good.    And then they do far better then everyone expects. . 

So either these posters are on the Money and the riders just have something that elevates them, or we don’t know **** or I dunno. 

I expect them to be decent but hope they suck horribly.  

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Each year I rely on this site to give me insight into the teams around the league.   And each year I hear how horrible the riders will be which makes me feel good.    And then they do far better then everyone expects. . 

So either these posters are on the Money and the riders just have something that elevates them, or we don’t know **** or I dunno. 

I expect them to be decent but hope they suck horribly.  

Your last sentence explains the mentality here perfectly. Except many on the site take that hope for Rider suckitude and turn it into a firm belief that they are really as bad as we hope them to be. Same on any fan site - unrealistic expectations for the home team and unrealistic derision of a hated rival based on emotion in both cases. So as much as we Pooh Pooh the so called media experts, they at least can offer some objectivity in the process. At least more so than a biased fan site. 

46 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Your last sentence explains the mentality here perfectly. Except many on the site take that hope for Rider suckitude and turn it into a firm belief that they are really as bad as we hope them to be. Same on any fan site - unrealistic expectations for the home team and unrealistic derision of a hated rival based on emotion in both cases. So as much as we Pooh Pooh the so called media experts, they at least can offer some objectivity in the process. At least more so than a biased fan site. 

It depends on the poster.  When certain posters say the Riders have a bad O line and give decent rationale for it, you can take it to the bank.  I'll let you figure out who they are, if you don't already know. 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The media for whatever reason is afraid of saying anything negative about the riders. I just don't get it... 

Honest question, is there a qb in the west you would take Fajardo ahead of? Cause I don't think there is. All the other guys are so much more talented and proven than he is. 

I honestly think that Fajardo isn't as bad as some here say he is but there's no way he's as good as Rider fans think he is. 

I'd rate Fajardo fifth best in the West behind in this order... BLM, Reilly, Collaros, Harris & Fajardo. Rest assured though... there's not much of a difference between 1 to 5. Razor thin.... All 5 can ball. 

It seems that Reilly and Bo-Levi are both not 100% with lingering owies. I really like Reilly for his talent and high pain threshold, but nobody can take the pounding he has endured without consequences, and he ain't no spring chicken any more. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems that Reilly and Bo-Levi are both not 100% with lingering owies. I really like Reilly for his talent and high pain threshold, but nobody can take the pounding he has endured without consequences, and he ain't no spring chicken any more. 

Yup, which is another reason why I don't get the love the Stamps are getting. An injured Bo is not a good Bo. Especially when you look at his supporting cast.

I see Nye is back with his weekly predictor on CFL.CA . I know youre all going to be shocked, but he's picked the Riders with 100% certainty on his confidence meter lol. And ofcourse picked Hamilton to win too. I think there was one year a while back where IIRC he picked against the Bombers every week for the entire season.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I see Nye is back with his weekly predictor on CFL.CA . I know youre all going to be shocked, but he's picked the Riders with 100% certainty on his confidence meter lol. And ofcourse picked Hamilton to win too. I think there was one year a while back where IIRC he picked against the Bombers every week for the entire season.

If Reilly cant play then it would be an easy win for the Riders. I believe Reilly has not practice all week.

Edited by M.O.A.B.