2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I was thinking a 3 yard gain and getting clobbered by 2 - 3 linebackers.  Very few backs can take punishment the way Andrew Harris can. 

It would help if we did more off tackle stuff. I'd love to see a spray chart on his runs.

Brady is pretty ideal to eat up some of the inside reps. Quickness to cut back or shake and bake and the 230 lbs of bowling ball to run through any arms and a bunch of bodies. I hope he pans out and stays healthy. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

His shoulder couldnt handle that.

I think you just figured out how it really got hurt in the first place!

Ottawa's final cuts (some already announced):

Recievers Joe Walker Shannon Smith, Terry Williams, Kendrick Rogers and Wesley Lewis, offensive linemen Nick Buchanan, Jack Kramer, Taylor Tappin, and Josh Dunlop, linebackers D’Juan Hines, Kean Harelimana and Jawuan Johnson, defensive lineman Thomas Grant and defensive backs Jonathan Alston, Marcus Roberson, Ironhead Gallon, Dominique Hatfield and Nate Hamlin.

Ottawa Redblacks cut down roster, announce practice roster to begin 2021 CFL season – Lil’ Z, Big R (wordpress.com)

Just now, wbbfan said:

The argos are busy today. I feel like its never a good sign when the team that "won" free agency is scooping other teams cuts on cut down day before making their own. 

They'll have to dump salary somewhere. Diggs is only in his 2nd year so he'd be cheaper than one of the vets they've picked up.  I saw someone (Hodge maybe?) speculating he might replace Judge or Muamba.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

They'll have to dump salary somewhere. Diggs is only in his 2nd year so he'd be cheaper than one of the vets they've picked up.  I saw someone (Hodge maybe?) speculating he might replace Judge or Muamba.

Yeah that cut down is the biggest cut day mess ive seen in a long time. I cant imagine judge would be the odd man out.  I wonder if the the argos are just going wild on the phones trying to cut a deal to get some value from vets they are about to cut right now. Gonna be interesting thats for sure. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah that cut down is the biggest cut day mess ive seen in a long time. I cant imagine judge would be the odd man out.  I wonder if the the argos are just going wild on the phones trying to cut a deal to get some value from vets they are about to cut right now. Gonna be interesting thats for sure. 

Yeah I checked and Derek Taylor was the one who mentioned Judge because they place the same spot.  They've also got Bear Woods & Dexter McCoil  at LB (amongst others) who could get cut loose.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah I checked and Derek Taylor was the one who mentioned Judge because they place the same spot.  They've also got Bear Woods & Dexter McCoil  at LB (amongst others) who could get cut loose.

Yeah they spent like drunk sailors and didnt pay any mind to who they had.  Man I would still love to get judge here. Idk if hed want the role and pay hed get here but thatd be a great luxury for us. 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You beat me to it. Not a single big name vet released......something fishy in TO

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/07/30/blue-bombers-transactions-9/ and here are the bombers.

Edited by Bigblue204

no surprises that Toronto is allowed to do whatever the hell they want. There's been shenanigans for years to try and keep them afloat by gifting them a winner. You will NEVER convince me that the Ricky Ray trade wasn't rigged to gift them a championship and hopefully bring fans back. Complete horseshit. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

no surprises that Toronto is allowed to do whatever the hell they want. There's been shenanigans for years to try and keep them afloat by gifting them a winner. You will NEVER convince me that the Ricky Ray trade wasn't rigged to gift them a championship and hopefully bring fans back. Complete horseshit. 

yup worse trade ever.

Back on December 12, 2011 former Edmonton Eskimos GM Eric Tillman stunned the CFL by dealing Ricky Ray to the Toronto Argonauts for a first-round pick , quarterback Steven Jyles and kicker Grant Shaw.

I don’t understand why people are so confused about the Toronto roster and how they afford it. They’ve got their money allocated in strange ways, but it’s pretty easy to see how they afford things.

Their OL is pretty underwhelming and they’re not paying 200k to a running back. They’re going to be an interesting team to watch, but they’ve got all kinds of question marks and their money is so poorly allocated. No protection whatsoever for Arbuckle, but sure have fun with your 38 different star linebackers.