2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Just saw on Twitter from the WPG police that the organizer has been arrested lol.

**** with the Governments money and you're about to feel the long arm of the law. lol.

https://twitter.com/wpgpolice/status/1418238934681673733?s=20

(just posting the link properly) :)

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Some anti vaxer & his followers are planning on blocking the streets leading to IG Field before the game on August 5th. If they are allowed to do that (as in the cops do nothing to prevent it), I think they'll find out pretty fast that it was a very bad idea. 

well at least the jackass is going to pay for it 

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

TSN and Sportsnet both went out of their way to point out that the Toronto FC match at BMO field last night was the most attended game at a Canadian sporting event since the pandemic arrived last year. Would be nice to blow that number out of the water on August 5 when the CFL returns. 

Meanwhile MLS is in more trouble than the cfl despite its TV deal. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Meanwhile MLS is in more trouble than the cfl despite its TV deal. 

after the really physical  hockey playoffs, I though I d try to watch soccer. 

put on a game, and not more than thirty seconds in, a player was felled like a tree, by someone brushing their finger against him.

no thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Mark F said:

after the really physical  hockey playoffs, I though I d try to watch soccer. 

put on a game, and not more than thirty seconds in, a player was felled like a tree, by someone brushing their finger against him.

no thanks. 

I've never been able to get behind soccer. I'd rather watch billiards or poker. With in 2 years they will probably have half as many teams as they do now. 

nfl getting tough on anti vaccinationers.

"The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding, per sources."

there is a long twitter thread on this.  Pelissero.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding, per sources."

The players can also lose their game cheque. I think it’s great.  Get vaccinated and get on with it.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Some anti vaxer & his followers are planning on blocking the streets leading to IG Field before the game on August 5th. If they are allowed to do that (as in the cops do nothing to prevent it), I think they'll find out pretty fast that it was a very bad idea. 

Winnipeg Police service is involved and have arrested the yahoo organizing this nonsense.

59 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Winnipeg Police service is involved and have arrested the yahoo organizing this nonsense.

He's probably given orders for it to happen in his absence. If it does, the cops better stop it or I can se angry fans confronting these morons. There'll be a lot more Bomber fans so it won't be pretty. 

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

Imagine being 'that guy"??

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Meredith is practicing I'll agree to that but it's already 10 days since he last practiced.
"Can't make the club from the tub", so they say. 

Out since the beginning of camp & still a week from getting back on the field according to Tait's latest Quick Hits article.  I hope he can get/stay healthy so the club can really know if he can still play.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's probably given orders for it to happen in his absence. If it does, the cops better stop it or I can se angry fans confronting these morons. There'll be a lot more Bomber fans so it won't be pretty.

Its probably for the best that word got out about this, cause it would have (maybe still will) turned ugly real quick. 

Even if other people are going to protest there is guaranteed to be heavy police presence now.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Its probably for the best that word got out about this, cause it would have (maybe still will) turned ugly real quick. 

Even if other people are going to protest there is guaranteed to be heavy police presence now.

Tagging the Bombers in his post is a great way for word to get out. This guy is clearly a genius.

Just now, WildPath said:

Tagging the Bombers in his post is a great way for word to get out. This guy is clearly a genius.

Lol he actually tagged them? Wow...even if he wasn't already under orders to not do that kind of thing, that would have been stupid...but the fact that he had a court order to not set up protests just makes it all the more funny 

24 minutes ago, WildPath said:

For the most part really dumb people who seem to have zero ability to think logically - "quarantine the sick, not the health". But for the real loud ringleaders like this guy, I'm also concerned about mental instability.

In some aspects the current environment facilitates mental instability. E.g., social media

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Out since the beginning of camp & still a week from getting back on the field according to Tait's latest Quick Hits article.  I hope he can get/stay healthy so the club can really know if he can still play.

According to Bauming, the team is still very high on him.  But yeah, it would be nice to get him back into the practice field.