2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Darren Cameron saying home opener tickets are selling well. Looks like a ton left on ticketmaster when i checked a few minutes ago. Like some sections still only half sold. Ill be nationally embarrassed if its a shitty sparse crowd.

Is there a difference between nationally embarrassed and just normal embarrassed?

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Is there a difference between nationally embarrassed and just normal embarrassed?

Big time. Last thing i want is those melonheads thinking they are better than us and trashing our fanbase. Sure, their banjo playing, watermelon defiling, and cousin seducing is top notch, no one does it better. Ill give them that, buts thats it!

7 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Darren Cameron saying home opener tickets are selling well. Looks like a ton left on ticketmaster when i checked a few minutes ago. Like some sections still only half sold. Ill be nationally embarrassed if its a shitty sparse crowd.

I wouldn't expect a sell out. We only sell 25k to that stadium at the best of times. Add on the fact that people are hesitant of crowds now, plus the league has been out of the national spotlight for over a year now. I think crowds are going to trickle, rather than roar back, and I won't be surprised if it happens league wide.

7 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Big time. Last thing i want is those melonheads thinking they are better than us and trashing our fanbase. Sure, their banjo playing, watermelon defiling, and cousin seducing is top notch, no one does it better. Ill give them that, buts thats it!

Rider fans can say what they want. We have this

AM800-SPORTS-FOOTBALL-CFL-GRE-CUP-WINNIP

We also have a policy of only allowing those fully vaccinated with proof, while I believe Saskie is wide open to anybody regardless of vax status. I wonder how many people that would normally attend won't because they aren't vaccinated. Would also be interesting to know how many in Sask won't attend because they are totally open to non-vaxxers.

I don't really have much interest in someone that's been cast off at this point in camp....... our own recruits likely a better option. As Mike said, if two years of recruiting can't uncover something better than other teams castoffs, then we're likely hooped anyhow...

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't really have much interest in someone that's been cast off at this point in camp....... our own recruits likely a better option. As Mike said, if two years of recruiting can't uncover something better than other teams castoffs, then we're likely hooped anyhow...

I think we really deep at wr if every one else stays healthy. Filling one spot with grant meredith and Nelson doesn't worry me in the short term. 

16 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I'd be surprised if Meredith wasnt given a long look too. Him and Darvin have the same body type/size for what its worth.

If Meredith is practicing I'll agree to that but it's already 10 days since he last practiced.
"Can't make the club from the tub", so they say. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Some anti vaxer & his followers are planning on blocking the streets leading to IG Field before the game on August 5th. If they are allowed to do that (as in the cops do nothing to prevent it), I think they'll find out pretty fast that it was a very bad idea. 

Let’s not go inciting riots, Speed. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Some anti vaxer & his followers are planning on blocking the streets leading to IG Field before the game on August 5th. If they are allowed to do that (as in the cops do nothing to prevent it), I think they'll find out pretty fast that it was a very bad idea. 

If you're blocking a public roadway , the cops have every reason to remove the obstruction...IF they don't there would have to be some serious repercussions following...For everyone's sake let's just hope this is just so much hot air emanating from some anti-vaxer's orifice 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stuff like this makes me more angry than I could ever properly express.

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/rise-with-us-canada-returns-to-the-gridiron-as-the-2021-cfl-on-tsn-season-kicks-off-august-5/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rise-with-us-canada-returns-to-the-gridiron-as-the-2021-cfl-on-tsn-season-kicks-off-august-5

Rise With Us: Canada Returns to the Gridiron as the 2021 CFL ON TSN Season Kicks Off August 5

— July 22, 2021

– CFL ON TSN’s exclusive live coverage begins with the season opener featuring the Winnipeg Blue Bombers hosting the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Thursday, Aug. 5 beginning at 8 p.m. ET on TSN –
– Kate Beirness joins the CFL ON TSN panel as host alongside Matt Dunigan and Milt Stegall, along with Davis Sanchez and Jim Barker –
– 2021 CFL ON TSN sponsors include The Brick, Save-on-Foods, and Expedia –

Tags: @CFLonTSN, @TSN_Sports, @TSN_PR, @CFL

TORONTO (July 22, 2021) – The wait for the highly anticipated return of Canadian football is over as TSN today announced its complete CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule, including exclusive live coverage of all 63 regular season games, all four divisional playoff matchups, and the 108th GREY CUP, live from Tim Horton’s Field in Hamilton on Sunday, Dec. 12. Visit TSN.ca for the complete CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule.

The 2021 CFL season kicks off on Thursday, Aug. 5 with a rematch of the 107th GREY CUP as reigning champions Zach Collaros and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers host Jeremiah Masoli and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats beginning at 8 p.m. ET on TSN, live from IG Field in Winnipeg.

As the excitement builds, the CFL ON TSN primes football fans for the new season with a full evening of exclusive preview coverage on Tuesday, Aug. 3, including CFL TOP 50 PLAYERS at 8 p.m. ET, the 2021 CFL FANTASY SPECIAL PRESENTED BY TSN EDGE at 8:30 p.m. ET, and the 2021 CFL PREVIEW SPECIAL at 9 p.m. ET, breaking down the biggest storylines heading into the 2021 campaign.

The network’s extensive coverage is highlighted by its dynamic broadcast team, including:

• The CFL ON TSN panel, led by new host Kate Beirness, joined by CFL Hall of Famers Matt Dunigan and Milt Stegall, TSN football analyst Davis Sanchez, veteran CFL head coach and GM Jim Barker, as well as special guest analysts throughout the season

Throughout the season, SPORTSCENTRE provides comprehensive coverage of the league, delivering highlights, news, analysis, and features on key storylines as teams prepare for the road to the 108th GREY CUP. The TSN Edge also delivers daily content specific to CFL fantasy and sports betting.

TSN complements its CFL ON TSN broadcast with a slate of digital content covering all angles of the league, available on TSN.ca and the TSN app. Highlights include:

• Daily news and roster updates from around the league
  • Highlights and must-see clips from every game
  • Up-to-the-minute scores, game recaps, and more
  • Weekly columns and video analysis from Naylor
  • Photos, videos, and viral content posted across TSN’s official social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
  • DIGITAL SPORTSCENTRE features guests from around the league throughout the season to chat all things CFL

TSN’s exclusive live coverage of every CFL game is available to stream live and on demand for TSN and TSN Direct subscribers via TSN.ca/Live and the TSN app.

The slate of sponsors for the 2021 CFL ON TSN season includes:

• FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL presented by The Brick
  • Save-on-Foods Touchdown to Win program
  • Expedia sponsoring the starting lineup throughout the regular season and playoffs

Through ongoing collaborations with Universal Music Canada, TSN features recording artist Steven Lee Olsen’s new track “What You’re Made Of” as the CFL ON TSN Song of the Season, which soundtracks CFL ON TSN broadcast coverage throughout the 2021 campaign.

TSN and RDS are the exclusive Canadian broadcasters of the CFL, delivering live coverage of every regular season game, complete playoff coverage, and the 108th GREY CUP, one of 60+ championship events that live on TSN, airing live from Tim Horton’s Field in Hamilton on Dec. 12, 2021.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The cops are out at the intersections 2 hours before game time. And Pembina is a major provincial land line. I don't see any chance of them just doing nothing. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I like Rod Smith and Nielson calling games.

Rod's pretty good....Dustin is coming along, but not quite there yet. It takes time. I'd prefer to see more Gord Miller....really underrated CFL game caller. I'd say I enjoy him more on CFL than NHL....

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just saw on Twitter from the WPG police that the organizer has been arrested lol.

**** with the Governments money and you're about to feel the long arm of the law. lol.

https://twitter.com/wpgpolice/status/1418238934681673733?s=20

Edited by Bigblue204