2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Thursday Night Football at IGF to see the Bombers begin their title defense...?!

So Exciting GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

With a capacity crown no less! Gotta figure its going to be sold out. The casual fan is going to want to be there after a year and a half of nothing. We freakin' better be able to sell out after a Grey Cup win+pandemic!

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It’s in the COVID guideline page on the Blue Bomber website. 

Well, that's shitty, but absolutely makes sense. As they say on the website, they're awaiting approval from the province to allow out of province fans to attend. Hopefully that gets worked out before too long. Have a chance to be there on the 29th, and would enjoy being at the stadium, but definitely understand the current situation...

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Well, that's shitty, but absolutely makes sense. As they say on the website, they're awaiting approval from the province to allow out of province fans to attend. Hopefully that gets worked out before too long. Have a chance to be there on the 29th, and would enjoy being at the stadium, but definitely understand the current situation...

Darren Cameron has mentioned a few times that the team is working on getting this resolved.

the wife is pretty bummed about it (but hoping for a miracle) but honestly, for me........ I've been in Alberta for 14 years now. I can't even begin to put into words what an incredible feeling it is for me to be in Winnipeg on a Bombers game day. I was saying to the boys in our group chat that its' almost a religious experience for me. I took it for granted for 27 years, but not anymore. Whether I watch the game at the stadium or at a bar, or out at our cottage at Victoria Beach, or wherever......it's an indescribable feeling of joy just being in the province on game day. 

On 2021-07-15 at 4:12 PM, Noeller said:

the wife is pretty bummed about it (but hoping for a miracle) but honestly, for me........ I've been in Alberta for 14 years now. I can't even begin to put into words what an incredible feeling it is for me to be in Winnipeg on a Bombers game day. I was saying to the boys in our group chat that its' almost a religious experience for me. I took it for granted for 27 years, but not anymore. Whether I watch the game at the stadium or at a bar, or out at our cottage at Victoria Beach, or wherever......it's an indescribable feeling of joy just being in the province on game day. 

In all of our lives, there is usually only one place that feels like home. I have lived in four provinces and Winnipeg is home to me.  When we returned after three years in Alberta, the sense of being where I belonged was overwhelming and got better every day. Its an imperfect city in an imperfect province, but its home, now and forevermore.

Edited by Tracker

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

In all of our lives, there is usually one one place that feels like home. I have lived in four provinces and Winnipeg is home to me.  When we returned after three years in Alberta, the sense of being where I belonged was overwhelming ang got better every day. Its an imperfect city in an imperfect province, but its home, now and forevermore.

I just love this so much. There's going to come a day (hopefully before too long) when I'll be able to come home again, and I almost can't even wrap my head around how good it's going to be. I lay awake at night dreaming about it. 

27 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Darren Cameron has mentioned a few times that the team is working on getting this resolved.

I have a different problem. Live in Manitoba, long time season ticket holder, doubly vaccinated, but one shot (the 2nd) happened in Ontario and Manitoba Health does not have my updated vaccination record, despite me sending them all the info. So for now I can’t get the passport, and I confirmed with the Bomber office that nothing else will suffice, even though I have other documentation that shows I am fully vaccinated. So I may be barred from going to the stadium because Manitoba Health has screwed up their records despite me giving them all the correct info. Hope to get it all corrected before August 5. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I just love this so much. There's going to come a day (hopefully before too long) when I'll be able to come home again, and I almost can't even wrap my head around how good it's going to be. I lay awake at night dreaming about it. 

Talk about setting things up for a disappointment. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

In all of our lives, there is usually one one place that feels like home

moved to van island a few years ago.

wife loves it.

its ok,  but I like the prairies, and Manitoba. the open space, the sky, the light, the shield, the lakes, rivers.  it is so facking crowded here. 

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have a different problem. Live in Manitoba, long time season ticket holder, doubly vaccinated, but one shot (the 2nd) happened in Ontario and Manitoba Health does not have my updated vaccination record, despite me sending them all the info. So for now I can’t get the passport, and I confirmed with the Bomber office that nothing else will suffice, even though I have other documentation that shows I am fully vaccinated. So I may be barred from going to the stadium because Manitoba Health has screwed up their records despite me giving them all the correct info. Hope to get it all corrected before August 5. 

I've seen a small sample of the issues with the vaccine records and that does not surprise me one bit.  Between system errors and the huge data entry backlog, mb health has a very big hole to dig out of.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Well Noeller, our adopted province has really gone down the toilet bowl the past 28 months with Jason Kenney as Premier. Alberta ia beautiful place to live but politically it's become ugly.  I don't know what to think anymore. The pandemic has brought out the worst in everybody & shown how weak & ineffectual Jason Kenney is as our Premier. 

Disappointed as an out of province fan I can't buy tickets as I'm double vaxxed. I have no idea what "being worked on" means.... Our dumbass Premier says AB won't issue domestic passports to show proof of vaccinations & the anti vaxxers supporters here cheer wildly. Thye vast majority of Albertans vaccinated would support something to show they're vaxxed but that ain't happening. I'm sure hoping that Albertans remember this clusterfuck of a government & vote Kenney out in less than 2 years. 

On 2021-07-09 at 12:39 PM, Noeller said:

I agree in theory, with the concern that our national TV deal could go kaput without a franchise in Toronto. If we were able to maintain the TV deal without them, then GTFO and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

The Toronto centre media in this country claims we all love the Blue Jays & Raptors. They think we even love the Leafs ahead of our own NHL teams. Well .... them. Never in a million years will I ever like or cheer for any pro sports team from Toronto. For reasons like this.