2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

42 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is what MLSE has always wanted. Good riddance I say. How far ahead would the CFL be if they didn't have to constantly float this 

This just seems childish. You won't play the way I want so I'm leaving and starting my own game. If you can't draw 5000 people to games in a  legitimate league with over 100 years of history, an exciting structure of game, Canadian rivalry and known players, how many will you draw to games in  a league that is just another reincarnation of a league that is a serial failure. Its the same old Toronto is to big for the CFL  mindset. It just pisses me off to tell the truth. Other than the TV money I'd like to help them through the door with a boot in the butt. In what way will any of this BS help them get more cheeks on the seats right now ? And I would suggest that's the desired effect of the storey. Good. Leave.

5 minutes ago, the watcher said:

This just seems childish. You won't play the way I want so I'm leaving and starting my own game. If you can't draw 5000 people to games in a  legitimate league with over 100 years of history, an exciting structure of game, Canadian rivalry and known players, how many will you draw to games in  a league that is just another reincarnation of a league that is a serial failure. Its the same old Toronto is to big for the CFL  mindset. It just pisses me off to tell the truth. Other than the TV money I'd like to help them through the door with a boot in the butt. In what way will any of this BS help them get more cheeks on the seats right now ? And I would suggest that's the desired effect of the storey. Good. Leave.

This would be monumentally bad for the CFL.  Our TV deal would be seriously affected if Toronto goes.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

This would be monumentally bad for the CFL.  Our TV deal would be seriously affected if Toronto goes.

.....I don't buy it....This assumes people in TO only watch TO games. I know a lot of CFL fans and we all watch more then just Bomber/whatever team you cheer for games. I don't think there would be a huge drop off in viewership.

CFLPA reax to achilles-gate: 

The Canadian Football League Players’ Association has issued the following memo to its membership league-wide. It was obtained by 3DownNation on Friday afternoon.

Gentlemen,

Despite the CFL’s assurances that player health and safety is a high priority for the league and teams, we have confirmed six members experienced Achilles Tendon injuries yesterday (four of six occurring within six minutes on one team). This clearly contradicts those assurances.

The reports we have received regarding the circumstances cause us great concern that the coaching staff were not respecting the protocols in place for the first week of player isolation. We will continue to seek answers and demand more rigorous oversight on proper player safety standards.

We strongly recommend all members be personally proactive with their health and safety and understand that you can and should speak out when you feel your health and safety is being put at risk. Immediately contact your player reps and Association if you feel your health and safety is being compromised. The CFLPA will immediately act on your concerns. We continue to place the health and safety of our members at the forefront and we will ensure the CFL does the same.

Your CFLPA

Four of the players who suffered torn Achilles tendons on Thursday were members of the Saskatchewan Roughriders — running back Jonathan Femi-Cole, defensive end Freddie Bishop III, linebacker Larry Dean, and defensive back Nelson Lokombo. Bishop III and Dean were projected starters, while Lokombo was the No. 2 overall selection in the 2021 CFL Draft.

The identity of the remaining two players remains unknown.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Oh I get that but what is the alternative. Allow the owners of one team to blackmail the rest ,kill a 100 year old league and join another that by all likelihood will fail ? The whole story is written to throw a shadow on the CFL. Its BS and I for one am sick and tired of hearing this crap out of Toronto. 

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Looks like it was a pretty stupid drill:

https://pifflespodcast.com/blog/how-4-riders-went-down-in-1-drill

TL:DR for those not wanting to click:

Now I know why O'Day apologized to the fans. The conditioning & strength coaches who ran this drill should be fired. 

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Oh I get that but what is the alternative. Allow the owners of one team to blackmail the rest ,kill a 100 year old league and join another that by all likelihood will fail ? The whole story is written to throw a shadow on the CFL. Its BS and I for one am sick and tired of hearing this crap out of Toronto. 

Yeah, it gets old. 

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

I agree in theory, with the concern that our national TV deal could go kaput without a franchise in Toronto. If we were able to maintain the TV deal without them, then GTFO and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

And when the xfl folds for the 4th time after again not finishing a season then what. 

I'm not sure how tsn would re act. What are they gonna fill all the missing time slots with?  They gonna air golf games played by nhlers in their off season? 

I wonder if at some point the league is better off cutting out the dead weight of a franchise like the argos and building around strengths. This young generation in the gta is never coming over to the cfl. 

The league has to make in roads in its strong markets with a younger audience. We've spent the last decade trying to prop up and fix broken Franchises and its brought the league to its knees. Maybe it's time to stop hanging around with an ex hoping she will take us back. 

That drill in riderville is beyond idiotic. I hope we are being smarter than that. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

And when the xfl folds for the 4th time after again not finishing a season then what. 

I'm not sure how tsn would re act. What are they gonna fill all the missing time slots with?  They gonna air golf games played by nhlers in their off season? 

I wonder if at some point the league is better off cutting out the dead weight of a franchise like the argos and building around strengths. This young generation in the gta is never coming over to the cfl. 

The league has to make in roads in its strong markets with a younger audience. We've spent the last decade trying to prop up and fix broken Franchises and its brought the league to its knees. Maybe it's time to stop hanging around with an ex hoping she will take us back. 

That drill in riderville is beyond idiotic. I hope we are being smarter than that. 

There are probably things growing in the back of your fridge that are smarter than that.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Poor TJ. 130K to play a sport for 6 months out of the year that most people play for free out of shear joy.

Listen, I laughed at the quote because it's super douchey and sounds like a guy that nobody wanted trying to make it seem like he left on his own terms...... But I never ever look down on these guys for wanting to maximize the money. This is a sport where you can break your neck in a heartbeat and never work again. And on top of that, it's a full time, 12 months a year job keeping in shape to play all summer.