2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It can be a lot of things for sure. I have never heard or seen 4 in one day though. Not in any size camp. It could be some thing with causation too. Time will really tell. Its going to be really interesting to see how a lot of vets play and come to camp across the league.

I missed most of my soph year and was out of cleats  and didnt train with cleats on in the off season, as soon as I put them on and made a cut I tweaked my knee.  I also injured my calf once post 30 and have had calf, high ankle, plantar problems a plenty since then.  

I talked to a player at camp. He said that all the injuries happened on the same drill. It seems like maybe that drill was too hard to with coming out of quarantine. 

50 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

I talked to a player at camp. He said that all the injuries happened on the same drill. It seems like maybe that drill was too hard to with coming out of quarantine. 

I would stick with that if I were you.

2 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

I notice the Riders don't want to say what drill it was. Fans & media have a right to know. I think if 4 players go down one after the other, then fans & media alike have to question why the drill wasn't shut down sooner? As well as what the drill was that ended 4 players season before they even started.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I notice the Riders don't want to say what drill it was. Fans & media have a right to know. I think if 4 players go down one after the other, then fans & media alike have to question why the drill wasn't shut down sooner? As well as what the drill was that ended 4 players season before they even started.

Nothing is official right now. It's all offseason, so the Riders couldn't really say anything. All voluntary. 

Streeeeeetch those leg muscles ....When there has been a long lay off and guys are trying to get back to serious playing form this kind of thing in Saskabush is going to happen....I hope we go slow at tc (in the beginning) and break the players in slowly...I think hoping everyone is at peak form and really putting the pressure on is a mistake....I think we have the coaching that will dictate that..I don't know what the hell is going on in Melonville

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

TEN HI-YA-YA!: TheSimpsons

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Nothing is official right now. It's all offseason, so the Riders couldn't really say anything. All voluntary. 

Wow, wow, wow... All teams are doing these workouts. Teams better not stiff their players & not pay them because they are voluntary. They better have been sanctioned. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, wow, wow... All teams are doing these workouts. Teams better not stiff their players & not pay them because they are voluntary. They better have been sanctioned. 

Nope, I don't think anyone becomes the teams responsibility until TC starts this weekend. But, I'll be happy if I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is what MLSE has always wanted. Good riddance I say. How far ahead would the CFL be if they didn't have to constantly float this franchise?

I agree in theory, with the concern that our national TV deal could go kaput without a franchise in Toronto. If we were able to maintain the TV deal without them, then GTFO and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I agree in theory, with the concern that our national TV deal could go kaput without a franchise in Toronto. If we were able to maintain the TV deal without them, then GTFO and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

This has been the argument for a while. And it could be that there is a decent viewership in that city. However considering the on going lack of overall support. I don't buy it. I also think this would open up an opportunity to start a team in the GTA somewhere. 

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Looks like it was a pretty stupid drill:

https://pifflespodcast.com/blog/how-4-riders-went-down-in-1-drill

TL:DR for those not wanting to click:

-all 4 players went down during the same drill in front of a strength and conditioning coach, all within a very short time frame.

-players were told to throw a medicine ball in the air, and then make an explosive cut before the ball hit the ground. It wasn’t until the 4th player went down that the drill was stopped.

It also leaves question marks as to why this drill continued after multiple Achilles injuries occurred in a short span. Given the fact that players are returning to the field for the first time in 2 seasons, it might be wise to ease them into things, rather than throwing them directly in to explosive drills ahead of training camp.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This has been the argument for a while. And it could be that there is a decent viewership in that city. However considering the on going lack of overall support. I don't buy it. I also think this would open up an opportunity to start a team in the GTA somewhere. 

It's not as much about the TV audience IN Toronto (though I understand it's apparently much larger than you'd think), but moreso about the fact that the TV networks are based in Toronto. In order for the league to maintain legitimacy, it needs a franchise in Canada's largest city......or so the argument goes. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

It's not as much about the TV audience IN Toronto (though I understand it's apparently much larger than you'd think), but moreso about the fact that the TV networks are based in Toronto. In order for the league to maintain legitimacy, it needs a franchise in Canada's largest city......or so the argument goes. 

Fair enough if the audience is there. I still think getting a team into the GTA would be better for the CFL then the argos, even if they stay. 

And yeah that argument is always from people like Naylor who just want TO to be something that it isn't and hasn't been for nearly 2 decades.

21 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Looks like it was a pretty stupid drill:

https://pifflespodcast.com/blog/how-4-riders-went-down-in-1-drill

TL:DR for those not wanting to click:

I'm not even sure what the point of that drill would even be....seen a lot and been involved in a lot of innovative things, but thats a head scratcher