2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I had the exact same thought when I saw McCallief's stupid ******* SNet piece. I have spent a small fortune on the Bombers over the years...the fans aren't the problem. It's making NEW fans that's the issue. 

MicAlief is a CFL fan. He has said so on a number of occasions. It's the fact Rogers isn't... as they want to supposedly bring an NFL team to Toronto. The guy works for Sportsnet. He doesn't want the CFL to fail. He's one of the lucky ones who still has a job in the media. Now his ******* former partner was the exact opposite. He didn't like the CFL. I saw MicAlief defend the CFL when Sid Sixeiro was trashing it. MicAlief isn't wrong. He also isn't talking to STH's across the league. He's talking to the fans in BC, Toronto & Montreal who no longer go to games. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sports Net (and some TSN employees) are challenging fans who complained about the XFL talks to "put their money where their mouth is". And honestly that straight up pisses me off. I've spent a damn fortune on this team, but my spending habits are the problem? **** right off. Sure they're mostly talking about the major markets that are lacking....but the logic bending that needs to happen, to assume fans who took the time to care/complain about those issues are also the fans that dont spend enough is ******* insulting. Tim from sports net even talked about how successful other domestic leagues are...well (I'm assuming) completely ignoring the way their media/social media accounts treat those leagues. I'm so sick of TSN/SN and the CFL blaming the fans for the ******* mess they're in. 

Fans have been complaining for years about lack of innovation from the league and the lack of actual support from the media, but noooo it's all on us? **** you!

Ok rant over...

The hypocrisy of those guys talking about us needing to pony up when they dropped out of the running to show cfl games after like one season 20 years ago makes me really angry. 

How bout they put in a bid and push what tsn pays. Sn is all talk no quality content and does the minimum to support any sport and league. 

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jesus...that was definitely the worry for a lot of teams. Guys not having done any real football stuff for a couple years. Easy to tweak something. Knock on wood we escape this relatively unscathed...

As I understand, the Bombers athletic department had given the players routine workouts for the past few months and they (and the coaches) are monitoring each player.
Also, Neufeld mentioned that some of the players are collaborating and monitoring/timing each other. 

But yup, hoping we don't suffer any injuries. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

As I understand, the Bombers athletic department had given the players routine workouts for the past few months and they and the coaches are monitoring each players.
Also, Neufeld mentioned that some of the players are collaborating and monitoring/timing each other. 

Al Couture is a ******' GEM..... lucky to have that guy

28 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

As I understand, the Bombers athletic department had given the players routine workouts for the past few months and they (and the coaches) are monitoring each player.

Great teams are great because of their culture. Top to bottom I dont worry about our guys coming into camp soft and out of shape. If we missed a season under Coach Ritchie, boy itd be atleast another lost season getting guys back into shape. 

Say they traded for a player who is already in Canada (and already completed the required quarantine from their team's province),
do this player need to do the quarantine again in Regina?  

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Say they traded for a player who is already in Canada (and already completed the required quarantine from their team's province),
do this player need to do the quarantine again in Regina?  

4 achilles....I mean, Jesus...what are the odds of that? Frig. I'd feel sorry for any franchise but them...

The Bombers just made the best business decision of their lives. Somehow my buddy was able to swing 6 season tickets for $1200. Sounds like we ripped them off, right?

Nuh-uh. I guarantee all 6 of us will spend $200/game per person (this figure does not include merch) at absolute minimum on beer and 50/50. I don't need Sportsnet to tell me that I'm not spending enough!

Edited by Dr Zaius

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats insane. I wonder if thatll be the mark of out of shape guys in TC. I cant imagine that all 4 are coincidence. 

Achilles can be a variety thing, it can be related to over work or being tired, a calf injury that is not healed ei Kevin Durant in the 2019 finals, taking steriods or being out of shape. Lots of these non contact injuries are freak so as injuries happen in camp don't assume it is because someone is out of shape. 

Just now, stevethe3rd said:

Achilles can be a variety thing, it can be related to over work or being tired, a calf injury that is not healed ei Kevin Durant in the 2019 finals, taking steriods or being out of shape. Lots of these non contact injuries are freak so as injuries happen in camp don't assume it is because someone is out of shape. 

It can be a lot of things for sure. I have never heard or seen 4 in one day though. Not in any size camp. It could be some thing with causation too. Time will really tell. Its going to be really interesting to see how a lot of vets play and come to camp across the league.

I missed most of my soph year and was out of cleats  and didnt train with cleats on in the off season, as soon as I put them on and made a cut I tweaked my knee.  I also injured my calf once post 30 and have had calf, high ankle, plantar problems a plenty since then.