2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Media for some reason always has to jerk off the riders to appease the fans. No idea why....

Sadly true. Weve managed to retain pretty much all of our GREY CUP WINNING team yet were too old, have question marks all over the place, cant replace LaPolice, etc, etc, in pretty much every article ive read. Yet the Riders who lost their 2 best defensive players, and had their already below-average o-line completely dismantled by retirements and free agency, but with Fajardo at the helm theyre the class of the west!!!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So I was thinking today how even after he had emerged as a starter in 2000 and had thrown for 30 tds and led Winnipeg to a playoff win, Khari Jones still got doubted in the media. Fajardo throws 18 tds and loses his only playoff game and he's an MOP candidate. My conclusion is this, the media does not know

jack-squat.jpg

I suspect it has something to do with the 2000 Bombers finishing 8-10 and 3rd in the East, and Saskatchewan finishing 13-5 and 1st in the West in 2019. Same reason they are falling all over Hamilton after a 15-3 season. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On 2021-07-06 at 1:30 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah i truly have no idea where all this love for Fajardo has come from. The guy averaged 1 passing TD per game in a pass-happy league. Christ, Bethel-Thompson had 8 more passing TD's and only played like 12 full games lol. Where are all the puff piece articles proclaiming the greatness of MBT?!?!?

I really don't understand either extreme in his evaluation... I think he's a serviceable QB you can win with if all the other areas of your team are clicking... somewhere between automatic MOP and complete bum (which seem to be the only evaluations of him out there) 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I really don't understand either extreme in his evaluation... I think he's a serviceable QB you can win with if all the other areas of your team are clicking... somewhere between automatic MOP and complete bum (which seem to be the only evaluations of him out there) 

Hes a talented guy with a knack for making plays out of nothing.  I dont think hes as good as early casey printers was and I dont think he would end up as bad as late casey printers. 

Mr, BLM and harris are still the top tier of cfl QBs. They are more human and closer to the rest of the pack then ever before. And thats just from 2019, not including the missed season.  But these are the guys who are proven commodities and who you can expect will produce at a high level.

Dane evans, Fajardo, Vaj and MBT are all pretty even imo. I know a lot of people crap on MBT for putting up stats on a bad team, but we've never seen our QBs put up season numbers like his on any of our bad teams. Evans got rocked in the grey cup but for my money was the best of the 3 in the regular season. And Fajardo made a lot happen last year in his first year starting but didnt show a lot of projectability. Vaj showed more projectability than mbt or fajardo but also was the most unpredictable, and inconsistent.  These guys come with moderate amounts of risk. They may produce, they may elevate to the next level, or they may bust out. Its likely imo that atleast 2 of these guys are busts this year. Theyre pick ems. 

Nichols, Masoli, Collaros, are the high risk high reward guys. Any of these 3 if healthy and insulated can lead a team to a deep play off run. But failing that they likely dont succeed. 

Arbuckle, Streveler and Franklin. Both these guys are players teams though could take over the lead of a team and step up to a mid and top tier qb. Franklin hasnt done it, and arbuckle is hurt more than most from the missed year. The will they wont they prospects who are running low on days as the every down qb with out producing.  They will have a decent amount of time left on their run as a no2 qb in the worst case, but teams arent going to want to gamble next year on them as a starter if they dont prove to be 2nd tier qbs this year. 

Bottom tier we have the jennings, schlitz,  Kilgore, davis, etc. These are back ups who are getting to the fringe of staying in the league. 

Guys like Mcguire have a longer leash then bottom tier guys, but mostly with their own teams. They may bounce between PR and AR or scratch. They arent guys you want to bet on, but that you hope develop into those guys. 

Ideally you would have a top tier guy and a back up thats tier 2-3. With a Mcguire type on the PR. But thats not the case for really any team. Every team is 1 hit away from trouble. And 2 hits away from a high draft pick. I consider the riders to be in a near identical situation to us QB wise. Collaros collapsing isnt more or less likely than Fajardo being figured out. But age and athleticism is nice to have. Personally  I think Collaros is well poised to play his best ball. Career wise what happened for him after the chain of injuries and his cryptic off season talk with the riders is the best case scenario. Plus having a full year off to be as healthy as possible. 

The cats and argos are well insulated at QB, but dont have stars. The leos, elk, and stamps have legit mop guys but dont have a great no2. The rest of the league is even imo. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bodog has Fajardo as the odds on favorite to win league MOP this year?!?!? LMFAO.

Half their cfl bets prolly come from rider fans. 

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Franklin officially retired, he won't be doing anything for anyone now. He went from next big thing to who's that in a hurry

That happens real fast with next big qbs. 

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Fajardo is a 29 year old career 3rd stringer, nothing more. Khari Jones is the only person who can pull that off, and you sir, are no Khari Jones. 

Fajardo had the season he had because teams didn't respect his scramble ability. In the last third of the season his numbers fell off a cliff when teams started spying him; Riderfans will tell you that it was his "oblique" issues but that didn't crop up until the last week of the season. I really don't expect much out of Fajardo behind a rag tag OL.

15 hours ago, bearpants said:

I agree. He's a mid tier QB. However, it's hard not to crap on a MOP prediction for him especially with the OL he will be sitting behind. That man is going to take a beatdown this year.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Fajardo had the season he had because teams didn't respect his scramble ability. In the last third of the season his numbers fell off a cliff when teams started spying him; Riderfans will tell you that it was his "oblique" issues but that didn't crop up until the last week of the season. I really don't expect much out of Fajardo behind a rag tag OL.

I agree. He's a mid tier QB. However, it's hard not to crap on a MOP prediction for him especially with the OL he will be sitting behind. That man is going to take a beatdown this year.

Trevor Harris would have won it if he didnt miss a month and a half due to injury. Hell MBT had better passing stats than Fajardo with much less playing time. IMO Adams Jr was more deserving of MOP 2019. 8 more combined TD's than Fajardo and took a more mediocre Montreal team that was 5-13 the year before to 10-8 and a playoff birth.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Which CFL GM takes Fajardo over Harris, BLM, Reily, Adams or Massoli if they could take any of those guys? Let's be honest, in that situation Cody is the cheese that stands alone.

YUP ,,,,, the cheese...melts under pressure, gets eaten up by the opposition and a lot of the time stinks

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Half their cfl bets prolly come from rider fans. 

That happens real fast with next big qbs. 

Bodog is in it to make money just because you are the favourite for Vegas doesn't mean you are actually the favourite. They have advanced computers that figure out betting patterns and set the odds for what they think will bring in the most cash. 

Sports Net (and some TSN employees) are challenging fans who complained about the XFL talks to "put their money where their mouth is". And honestly that straight up pisses me off. I've spent a damn fortune on this team, but my spending habits are the problem? **** right off. Sure they're mostly talking about the major markets that are lacking....but the logic bending that needs to happen, to assume fans who took the time to care/complain about those issues are also the fans that dont spend enough is ******* insulting. Tim from sports net even talked about how successful other domestic leagues are...well (I'm assuming) completely ignoring the way their media/social media accounts treat those leagues. I'm so sick of TSN/SN and the CFL blaming the fans for the ******* mess they're in. 

Fans have been complaining for years about lack of innovation from the league and the lack of actual support from the media, but noooo it's all on us? **** you!

Ok rant over...

Edited by Bigblue204

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sports Net (and some TSN employees) are challenging fans who complained about the XFL talks to "put their money where their mouth is". And honestly that straight up pisses me off. I've spent a damn fortune on this team, but my spending habits are the problem? **** right off. Sure they're mostly talking about the major markets that are lacking....but the logic bending that needs to happen, to assume fans who took the time to care/complain about those issues are also the fans that dont spend enough is ******* insulting. Tim from sports net even talked about how successful other domestic leagues are...well (I'm assuming) completely ignoring the way their media/social media accounts treat those leagues. I'm so sick of TSN/SN and the CFL blaming the fans for the ******* mess they're in. 

Fans have been complaining for years about lack of innovation from the league and the lack of actual support from the media, but noooo it's all on us? **** you!

Ok rant over...

I had the exact same thought when I saw McCallief's stupid ******* SNet piece. I have spent a small fortune on the Bombers over the years...the fans aren't the problem. It's making NEW fans that's the issue. 

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

exactly Steve. Bodog knows rider fans are dumb enough to dump money onto that bet. It has very little to do with actual playing ability.

I am a rider fan and even i will admit that there are 4 or so QBS that should be favoured ahead of him. The one year of success has to be taken into account. 

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Ok rant over...

Yup Sports Net maybe the argoblows need a bit more than 3 fans that can part with their money to support the CFL.

Bluto can do so much.