2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

Well, I'm pretty sure if I went to RiderFans.com right now, I could find out that their 2nd and 3rd stringers (throughout the depth chart) are so good, they've got nothing to worry about. Jeremy O'Day has got this covered. 

Truth. And that those guys are worth way more then our guys. In fact they'd be doing us a favor if they traded one of their back ups for desjarlais, eli, and gray.  😉

If some how we had to change our OL whole sale over night from the anchors weve had Id have no concern with the talent level. But it would take a good while before that group played well as a unit consistently. Year 2 would be closer to the performance we expect this year. For the riders that OL looks 2 years away from being 2 years away. 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Interior of the OL is something like Boyko+Clark+E. Johnson, not inspiring at all.

Our DL must be drooling looking at that OL. 

I believe their projected starters will be: 
Vaughn - Boyko - Clark - Johnson - and any rookie Amer RT.
Good thing Fajardo can run, he'll be doing that a lot. 
6th OL will be any of their rookie Cdn that can backup Clark in the middle.
I believe JSJ cant play Centre.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Truth. And that those guys are worth way more then our guys. In fact they'd be doing us a favor if they traded one of their back ups for desjarlais, eli, and gray.  😉

If some how we had to change our OL whole sale over night from the anchors weve had Id have no concern with the talent level. But it would take a good while before that group played well as a unit consistently. Year 2 would be closer to the performance we expect this year. For the riders that OL looks 2 years away from being 2 years away. 

Our DL must be drooling looking at that OL. 

Well, look at the bright side for the Riders. If their current starting QB gets pulped, he won't be that hard to replace with an equally able one.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh, i see the Riders have signed former 1st round pick and Bronco QB Paxton Lynch. Plan the parade!

thought you might enjoy this comment at reddit where this signing is discussed:

"As a Saskatchewan resident and Roughriders fan I can say one thing which might surprise many here is that there’s basically no shot in hell he even sniffs the starting role unless there are two injuries in front of him.

Cody Fajardo, who was a practice squad guy for the Raiders in 2015 after being at the university of Nevada, Reno is the favourite to be CFL MVP.

His backup Isaac Harker (Colorado school of mines) had an impressive rookie year and is the “QB of the future”

lol. your daily chuckle brought to you by sask roughrider fans.

Edited by Mark F

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"As a Saskatchewan resident and Roughriders fan I can say one thing which might surprise many here is that there’s basically no shot in hell he even sniffs the starting role unless there are two injuries in front of him.

Cody Fajardo, who was a practice squad guy for the Raiders in 2015 after being at the university of Nevada, Reno is the favourite to be CFL MVP.

His backup Isaac Harker (Colorado school of mines) had an impressive rookie year and is the “QB of the future”

44/67 467 yards 0 tds 3 picks and 5 rushing yards. I wonder if they would take WJ, hardrick, and 7 first round picks for this clearly superior qb prospect. 

Im also seeing a LOT of cats fans pining for masoli to start. Dane was not ready for our defense in the GC, and thats a lot to ask of any qb little on one with his lack of experience. But I would be ride or die with dane evans. That kid is crazy talented and I wouldnt be surprised if he is in the nfl when his deal is up. Masoli wouldve gotten slapped every bit as bad vs our D in the gc imo. Look at BLMs play off record and look at what he did vs us. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I believe teams must cut down to 100 players before the start of the training camp. 
By my count, the Bombers is at 107 player as of now. 

Iirc globals and draft year players dont count against that right? We basically have 2 years worth of off season pick ups on DL, DB, WR and OL. I imagine the mafia are waiting to see if any of those guys call it quits before they go and make the bottom off each group. I also wouldnt be tremendously surprised to see both imp rbs cut to make room. Both are talented versatile guys, but with borsa, augustine, and brady behind harris Its tough to see any imp having any chance. 

The shortened TC/PS window is really going to hurt. Especially positions like WR and OL that are frequently slower to learn and perform at for pure rookies.  

46 minutes ago, Mark F said:

1. Fajardo is the MOP favourite? Did BLM, Reiley, Trevor Harris, Andrew Harris, Vernon Adams and Massoli all die?

2.  A guy who threw 3ints and no TDs had an impressive rookie year?

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

and don't forget they've got the league's next MOP in Isaak Harker waiting in the wings....

And if need be I am sure sunseri is just a phonecall away 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

1. Fajardo is the MOP favourite? Did BLM, Reiley, Trevor Harris, Andrew Harris, Vernon Adams and Massoli all die?

I honestly wonder if Fajardo will be the MOP of riders training camp.