2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Got the TL:DW?

-Bombers are not defending champs. The title was abdicated.

-Taylor "One Big Question" for the WBB is DBs. Thinks Rose/Sayles haven't been replaced well enough. Receivers a close second in that regard, in his opinion. Says they look really good everywhere else.

-Ferguson: Questions about their interior OL. Says the tackles are good, but not sure about the interior. Other than that, says they're freakishly good and is particularly interested to see just how good 2Jeff2Furious are this season, because they are heads and tails above every other DE pairing in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Taylor and Ferguson have been pumping this for the past year. 

Let's just ask where the Grey Cup is right now? At home, in Winnipeg, where it belongs. 

You want it, come get it. 

We know the KittyCats don't want it. They laid down and Banks cried that he was getting the ball to much during the Grey Cup.  And, the Riders don't want it, based on their personnel decisions. 

My concerns:

1. We are betting that our oft injured QB will take us to the promised land again. Nichols and Strev started all but 4 games 'last' year and they're gone. We're likely hooped if Collaros goes down.
  2. Rookie OC taking over for PLAP. Rookie anythings make mistakes. Even if Pierce turns out to be a good one, it'll take a while before he gets there.
  3. DB's. I actually agree with Taylor on this one. Spits.
  4. Everyone will be gunning to beat the defending champs and will try to bring their A game against us.

So we still have Neufeld-Couture-Dejarlais on the interior of the OL. Neufeld is a proven starter. Dejarlais had an outstanding rookie season. Courture also had a great 2019. Additionally we have Gray who started 12 games I believe and a promising Eli. These guys are out to lunch on the OL.

As for abdicating these bozos need to consult a dictionary. Winnipeg did not cast off the Grey Cup. Also did not relinquish it. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

-Taylor "One Big Question" for the WBB is DBs. Thinks Rose/Sayles haven't been replaced well enough. Receivers a close second in that regard, in his opinion. Says they look really good everywhere else.

-Ferguson: Questions about their interior OL. Says the tackles are good, but not sure about the interior. Other than that, says they're freakishly good and is particularly interested to see just how good 2Jeff2Furious are this season, because they are heads and tails above every other DE pairing in the league. 

Lol, OK you could have just said they were morons. 

McGuire's thrown the ball 3 times, completed 2, for 17 yards. He also ran 3 times for 9 yards. No one has any idea if he's any good or not yet. If we are forced to start him, my guess is he'll lose way more than he'll win. As for Danny Mac knowing what's up, we've had 1 backup QB, Streveler, show something since he's Danny's been scouting for us. I think you have to go all the way back to Brock to find a starting QB that the Bombers found.

BTW: I'm still hoping that Medlock signs with us. If not, that's another potentially huge problem.

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

McGuire's thrown the ball 3 times, completed 2, for 17 yards. He also ran 3 times for 9 yards. No one has any idea if he's any good or not yet. If we are forced to start him, my guess is he'll lose way more than he'll win. As for Danny Mac knowing what's up, we've had 1 backup QB, Streveler, show something since he's Danny's been scouting for us. I think you have to go all the way back to Brock to find a starting QB that the Bombers found.

BTW: I'm still hoping that Medlock signs with us. If not, that's another potentially huge problem.

Lewis Ward turned out just fine for Ottawa. Same for Lirim Hajrullaju when he started his career with the Bombers. At some point, aging guys will move on and younger guys need to start. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Nah. That kicker from Quebec looked pretty darned good. Medlock was as steady and consistent as you get, but I do not expect him to return. 

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Lol, OK you could have just said they were morons. 

If you watch the video, the mostly compliment the Bombers... the whole "abdicated the cup" feels very tongue in cheek... any Bomber fan getting worked up over that video... is just looking for something to complain about... 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Almost every team has the "we're in trouble if our starter gets hurt" issue... it's a concern, but not something I get too worked up about... "next man up" is how stars are made... we're just waiting for ours to come one of these days....