2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Talked with someone at the Bomber offices this morning about getting season tickets and what the rules will be for vax cards and everything. Didn't seem like anything was set in stone, but it sure seemed like vaccinations will be optional. The explanation seemed like they needed to cater to fans that can't be vaccinated (understandable exemption) and those that don't want to get vaccinated. That was pretty much a non-starter for me getting tickets.

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Shaming someone that is openly sharing one of the reasons why they got vaccinated doesn't help. If seeing the bombers play is a reason for them getting over their hesitancy and getting vaxxed- I'm all for it, why call them out for it?

because it's reckless dangerous behaviour that has caused enough harm and needs to be called out. Why be hesitant to get a vaccine? Unless you're one of the people who have legit medical reasons that you can't get vaccinated there's no excuse. This slowly growing distrust of vaccines is a blight on society spread by morons who don't understand what the **** they're talking about. 

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

As opposed to stopping this pandemic being reason enough?

There’s always one ******* with the holier than thou attitude. I said it was a big reason why, not the only reason. Not that it’s any of your business anyways. 

Maybe save your contempt for the actual anti vaxxers. Better yet, maybe you should relax and not force your opinions down everyone’s throat. 

In Alberta, they're actually having a Lotto Vax to try and convince Covidiots to get vaccinated. Three 1 million dollar prizes available. Once we get to 80% vaccinated, I say let the Covidiots and Anti-vaxxer's get sick and possibly die. We spend way too much time and money trying to keep the stupid folks in the gene pool.

27 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

In Alberta, they're actually having a Lotto Vax to try and convince Covidiots to get vaccinated. Three 1 million dollar prizes available. Once we get to 80% vaccinated, I say let the Covidiots and Anti-vaxxer's get sick and possibly die. We spend way too much time and money trying to keep the stupid folks in the gene pool.

They're doing the same stupid stunt here. It's amazing how quickly some will drop their opposition to getting vaxxed with the remote possibility of getting some money. It's never been about the vax "hesitancy", it's always about them getting attention and something in return. It's all a grift. 

58 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Hey I put my name in for the lottery. I mean I got my needle as soon as I could possibly get it regardless but if the government wants to give away money why not to me? Better than wasting 1.3 billion on a doomed pipeline.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey I put my name in for the lottery. I mean I got my needle as soon as I could possibly get it regardless but if the government wants to give away money why not to me? Better than wasting 1.3 billion on a doomed pipeline.

I got my jab early and I got into the lotto Vax too. It's stupid, but I'll take it if I get lucky. Don't get me started on the 1.3 BULL-Stuff pipeline crap.

If it works change people's minds and can get things a lot closer to normal - great. There's a real chance we'll still be affected by variants and such for quite a while unless people get on board fast. Having large events, like bomber games, restricted to people who are vaccinated or have a legitimate reason for not getting vaccinated not only provides an impetus for vaccine hesitant to get their jab, but also makes bomber games safer for kids and those with medical reasons who rely on others to be sufficiently vaccinated. Giving people the option to get a vaccine in fine, but allowing those people to make large events unsafe for those with no option to protect themselves and others kinda sucks.

Although great news that the CFL is coming back, here is a big example of why this league is still in trouble. Went to TSN for their 5:00 pm Sportscentre show, and what do you think the lead story was for the official broadcaster of the CFL? The return of Canada’s biggest professional league? Nope. Ok, I guess the Habs in the final 4 of the Stanley Cup could rate as bigger. But that wasn’t it either. The lead story was Euro 2020. Then on the TSN website last evening they reported on the Stanley Cup, Euro, Blue Jays, NBA playoffs, rest of MLB, US Open golf, and the NFL. Two small opinion columns by Naylor and Lalji if you scrolled far enough, but zero news stories. Sportsnet had the story buried behind all the same stuff except for the golf. And on both sites if you search under the sports’ headings for links to stories, neither one has the CFL listed in the top banner (both have the “big 4” and soccer and then “other sports”. Sportsnet has the CFL ranked behind World Championship hockey and auto racing in the “other sports” menu, so 8th in priority, and TSN rates it 7th behind the big 4, soccer and golf. If the co-owner of the team in the largest market ranks it 8th and the host broadcaster ranks it 7th, is it any wonder the game is floundering in the big markets?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

We have a neighbour...a church minister in fact....who's carrying on a campaign against govt. officials regarding their implementation of the covid rules and regulations...Can't believe the ignorance of this man...in fact it's bordering on criminal in my opinion....Don't get vaccinated....don't wear masks....arrest govt. officials who insist on covid regulations, is his mantra....I can't believe some of the people who actually listen and follow this guy...So this is what we have to contend with....thank goodness this idiot is in the minority but he and his ilk are out there....We have/had a lot of hurdles to overcome in this pandemic and we sure as hell don't need people like him...Maybe a bolt will hit him and bring him into reality....can only hope

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

We have a neighbour...a church minister in fact....who's carrying on a campaign against govt. officials regarding their implementation of the covid rules and regulations...Can't believe the ignorance of this man...in fact it's bordering on criminal in my opinion....Don't get vaccinated....don't wear masks....arrest govt. officials who insist on covid regulations, is his mantra....I can't believe some of the people who actually listen and follow this guy...So this is what we have to contend with....thank goodness this idiot is in the minority but he and his ilk are out there....We have/had a lot of hurdles to overcome in this pandemic and we sure as hell don't need people like him...Maybe a bolt will hit him and bring him into reality....can only hope

Hiding behind a faith he customizes for his personal gain and greasy motives with absolutely no intention of following its actual teachings is what’s really maddening here and some people buy this grift hook line and sinker.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hiding behind a faith he customizes for his personal gain and greasy motives with absolutely no intention of following its actual teachings is what’s really maddening here and some people buy this grift hook line and sinker.

They're worried about people's souls!! Of course, I mean money. It's all a grift. 

Edited by JCon

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

because it's reckless dangerous behaviour that has caused enough harm and needs to be called out. Why be hesitant to get a vaccine? Unless you're one of the people who have legit medical reasons that you can't get vaccinated there's no excuse. This slowly growing distrust of vaccines is a blight on society spread by morons who don't understand what the **** they're talking about. 

Yeah, I mean, I'd shame them if they were talking about how they ran stop signs or sped in school zones too. Same basic idea, don't be a jerk.

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah, I mean, I'd shame them if they were talking about how they ran stop signs or sped in school zones too. Same basic idea, don't be a jerk.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

He sounds like a real oxygen thief, IMO.

16 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

3/4 of the family will be fully vaxed by then. Can’t wait!!! I’ve never been so excited to hear Rod Blacks voice. 

I'm not so sure I agree... with the departure of Chris Cuthbert ... they need new play by play guys.   Anyways CFL season is a go!   Am pumped to watch the Bombers defend their grey cup!

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

I have an acquaintance/ friend  who is a very nice woman. Hard worker,  hard life ,maybe late 60s,  beautiful singer and very religious. She's not pushy with it but it's a  pretty hard core church, prayer warriors ,Jesus heals  all that kind of jazz. We've had some great talks about religion as I have always had an interest in religion and the history of religions and am fairly well read on it. As I said just a nice person.

Well we found out last week she has Covid and Stars flew her from our local hospital to go into a  ICU.  I hope she makes it . Explain what that has to do with Jesus.

28 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I have an acquaintance/ friend  who is a very nice woman. Hard worker,  hard life ,maybe late 60s,  beautiful singer and very religious. She's not pushy with it but it's a  pretty hard core church, prayer warriors ,Jesus heals  all that kind of jazz. We've had some great talks about religion as I have always had an interest in religion and the history of religions and am fairly well read on it. As I said just a nice person.

Well we found out last week she has Covid and Stars flew her from our local hospital to go into a  ICU.  I hope she makes it . Explain what that has to do with Jesus.

At some point in our  lives, it comes to us that we are not going to live forever, and most of us have our share of regrets about the things we have done and the way we have treated people. And then many will begin to fear that God is "gonna get them for that" and all the judgmental stuff we have heard as children makes us fear that we are going to Hell for not being perfect. Those who have accepted this crap fall into what they hope will be perfect obedience to dogma rather than the final direction of the Christ- treat others as you would be treated and love your neighbours (all others) as you love yourself. Our faith reflects our concept of our Creator- either angry, condemning and unquestionable or loving, encouraging of us to be better and tolerant of the paths that others choose that do not do harm. We are all imperfect but most of us desire to do and be better.  Its all about choices.

Edited by Tracker

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wonder how the team will decide how gets into IG Field in August. I assume half capacity so it makes sense to go ST holders but do we have more than 16,800? If so, it should be the longer you've been a ST Holder, the higher up in line you are.

I think that's how they'll do it. But, if you didn't get into the first game, you'll probably get a chance for the second.